RP point issue
In my eyes, only the builder of the RP and the employees get RP points, I have never seen a customer get a RP point, even if they are trying hard. This is why people who cannot build effectively cannot get RP points. For example, if you made a role-play and was the owner of it, but you weren't doing much stuff, and them someone who does not work there comes along, and RP's a lot, with /me's and /it's . It's still the builder and owner of that RP who gets the point. This seriously needs to be changed. Also, you might be efficiently role-playing for hours and not get noticed, then someone might only be RPing for 30 minutes, and gets a point. There should be like a command you type in so admins know you are passive RPing and should check up on you after some time to check out the RP and decide whether you are worth a point, like ( /passive (Cafe RP) ) for example.
The following 1 user Likes PARAD0X's post:
  • Dauntless
I agree entirely, but I find you have to be good at building to get a RP point, tbh, I only found out about the prescision tool, YESTERDAY. For example, a few days ago I Roleplayed with NotSep on 33x. I was a Police officer and we went deep in to a story about him being threatened by a man to get him some money and give it to this guy or he would kill him, and after it, he said, and I quote "How do you not have an RP point yet?"

The thing is, 33x and V2P is too much of a handful for the admins that police to join in with rp. Recently I had this Idea. So that people got RP points when deserved. If an admin checks through the logs and looks purely at their Roleplay communication, they would go through the logs and try to find a person Roleplay really well, this way,
1. Takes out the chance of if an admin comes online (no longer biased towards v2d)
2. Awards points for RP, not what they look like.

RP points aren't just for the people who Roleplay in events, or roleplay shops, roleplay is for every moment in FL. Whether it be running in to an old friend, or creating Thorpe Park at UM.
(08-27-2014, 05:16 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote: I agree entirely, but I find you have to be good at building to get a RP point, tbh, I only found out about the prescision tool, YESTERDAY. For example, a few days ago I Roleplayed with NotSep on 33x. I was a Police officer and we went deep in to a story about him being threatened by a man to get him some money and give it to this guy or he would kill him, and after it, he said, and I quote "How do you not have an RP point yet?"

The thing is, 33x and V2P is too much of a handful for the admins that police to join in with rp. Recently I had this Idea. So that people got RP points when deserved. If an admin checks through the logs and looks purely at their Roleplay communication, they would go through the logs and try to find a person Roleplay really well, this way,
1. Takes out the chance of if an admin comes online (no longer biased towards v2d)
2. Awards points for RP, not what they look like.

RP points aren't just for the people who Roleplay in events, or roleplay shops, roleplay is for every moment in FL. Whether it be running in to an old friend, or creating Thorpe Park at UM.

But as of right now it is, the looks of the RP is the most important, and you get a point, afk or not, as long as you have the correct job.
BUT, i've been rewarded once with a point, where the restaurant we made looked horrible, but the admin liked the concept, but i see this happen too rarely.
(08-25-2014, 11:04 PM)Equalizer Wrote: To be fair, the staff aren't good enough at recognizing the people who deserves RP Points. I have no clue how I ever got 42 and honestly, I see people doing very good roleplay, to be continuesly ignored by any potentional RP Point giver.

I think that the staff needs to loosen up about on the whole RP Point concept and be a bit better at giving them out to people who deserve them, even though their RP arent MLG-League but just out of the ordinary and original.

Think about it.

Sigh... I have said it so many times before. The RP points is a very biased system. I know exactly how you earned all your points, not only have you been a member for a long time but you have been good friend with many admins. Admins tend to look after their friends more, especially if they roleplay with them. When I was the most active the staff generally gave RP points to the ones with the good buildings, not the actual RP.

I remember a hospital RP I was in, it was a sweet looking hospital, everyone who RPd as the hospital staff got RP points. I don't recall if a patient got a point but I don't think so. The admin who gave the points just noclipped into the building, looked around, thought the building were nice and handed out some RP points with no insight on the actual RP. The same guys I RPd with did the exact same thing the next day and got a RP point once more by another admin. Not to mention when a friend just spawned is fish shop at BP and got a point literally 5 seconds after placing it.

And then we have the stupid RP point that someone got. "Great orgasm RP" or whatever it was...

My point is that the staff should look into the actual roleplay, by both customers and the staff of the mentioned steakhouse RP in this case and as answer to Cujo: I bet that the guys who roleplayed as staff got their points because they are well known within the community already.

The RP point system encourage roleplay but it will always be biased.
The following 2 users Like Humla's post:
  • Labrador, equal
But if we can't cosy up to friends and get points how do I increase my e-peen?
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • mSy
I will tell you my experience with RP points.

1. I do not give points to friends unless I feel it 100% worthy.

2. If you even mention the rp to me personally I do not give points. (This may not be the most ethical way to handle it, but that is how I handle it)

3. I would love to sit around and watch the RP take place, but most of the time I am unable to sit around for 15ish minutes and see how the rp goes on. That means before I give a point out to a RP I look for three main things in the short time I see it. I wait around and see how long the rp actually takes place, I see how good they roleplay it in the short time I watch it (Probably around a minute or two), and I see how well it is built.

Nothing is really "original" for me anymore and trust me whenever I see something I have never seen before that always in my book gives you a higher chance for a point. With the system we have for points it is going to have bias on both ways and there is almost nothing we can do about that sadly. Such as an example from me, If the build is bad I really do not consider it or if they have asked for points from me in the recent past I do not consider a point either.

I have received most of my roleplay points before I was "liked" by admins, but you have to realize with most of our older staff, we have seen a lot of the roleplays numerous times and what you find to be original we may not.
The following 10 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Enzyme, Floodify, Obay, Greed^, Chumps, Blurr, aviator, equal, Zan
I am not even going to lie, I will admit that a small percentage of my RP points after the first 15, is from my friends in the staff, but that doesn't mean I don't deserve them. I've worked just as hard for them as any other person has, I have never recieved any points for something, that hasn't involved atleast some proper roleplay.

Secondly, I recieved my first 10 RP Points within a month or so, after my Permanent Suspension was lifted, which means I didn't have many friends, if any in the staff. So, let's exclude that option.

A whole completely different story is, that the RP Point 'Economy' so to speak, was completely destroyed by The Lost Horde clan driven by Dryblood and some other admin I don't recall the name of. He wanted all his clan members to have gas masks, and in order for that to happen, obviously he would need to give them RP Points. This took place in a way that was, rather not-acceptable in my opinion. What he did was that he created a lot, and I mean a lot of Clan RP Events on v2p (Less witnesses and attention I assume) and then they would do this event extremely fast, (maximum of a couple of hours) and then reward every clan member with an RP Point, easy peasy.

And for the record, The Lost Horde is the biggest clan Fearless has ever had, it was even bigger than S.A.A and Estleback if I remember correctly.

Well, this might have been a little side track, but I felt like I wanted to share it.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Humla