Baton rushing
(08-08-2014, 10:00 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:38 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:33 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:24 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote: -snip-

(08-08-2014, 09:29 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:24 PM)NotSep Wrote: -snip-.
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-

If you want to take this any farther we should move to PM.
It was fairly obvious to me because I come from England, where there is a suspicious lack of guns. This seemed very, very stupid to ask or even consider rule-abiding. "If he is arresting me, I should shoot him because he's doing his job to put me in jail for 5 minutes and for the fact that I will be bored for 5 minutes, I shall take a life"

Yes, I am not holding back due to your response.

I don't wanna take it further and that comment had nothing to do with anything I said?

You've put your opinion across, not in the most well mannered of ways, but you put it across none the less. Now just stop posting as I don't care to listen to any more of your nonsense posts.

Thankyou for taking the time of day to reply to my thread.
No you can not!
When being arrested you're under fearRP, even when he has his cuffs out you're under fearRP and you shouldn't be running if he's trying to arrest you in the first place.
If your freedom is at risk, what would you do to preserve it?

Ciryl, fearRP has been strictly reserved to the like of guns. Gun pointed at someone is fear RP. The argument doesn't work for handcuffs alone.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • James_Gaff
Overall i think that it may fall under the same fearRP tenent of handcuffs during arrest. Regardless of the fact the officer has put his weapon away to cuff you or baton you, your still held at fearRP.

It would also no doubt fall under failRP if you pulled a gun and shot him under the same policy that says you cannot simply shoot an officer arresting a friend.

Pulling a gun to hold him at fearRP is dodgy as it is all dependent on the situation itself, how close is the officer, did he already have you detained?

My opinion on the 3rd point is that, if he already had you detained, or is close enough to taze, you are held at fearRP under the same policy that covers handcuffs, by this point you are as good as detained as within a second he could pull a gun on you and you know 100% that he is armed and is authorised to use lethal force depending on how you interact with him.

Im basing the above entirely on FLs policys regarding a multitude of situations that fall under the same catagory.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I asked Burnett whether handcuffs apply FearRP he said Yes.
Pretty simple he trying to arrest you if your not breaking fear rp etc and no issues with failrp due to your job then yes kill them
I also plan on making it a requirement to be cuffed/tied up to be arrested
The following 1 user Likes Temar's post:
  • James_Gaff
(08-09-2014, 01:23 PM)Temar Wrote: Pretty simple he trying to arrest you if your not breaking fear rp etc and no issues with failrp due to your job then yes kill them
I also plan on making it a requirement to be cuffed/tied up to be arrested

So in short, provided there is no one immediately close to me threatening me e.g a cop behind me that would arrest me, and they are chasing me I can shoot them?
in regards to fearRP and other stuff like arrest baton/cuffs
if says you have someone under control with weapon then switch and they abuse that fact i say they break FearRP
if a cop is running after you with cuffs not a gun and you wasnt under fearRP to start with then screw him he only got cuffs
The following 2 users Like Temar's post:
  • James_Gaff, Ciryl