Baton rushing
Question 
Alright, so, if a police officer begins baton rushing you while your wanted, running at you with their arrest baton, trying to arrest is it ok for you to shoot at the officer, and potentially kill them, in self defence?

From other experiences on other servers this is a thing, but I've never really needed to know about FL as, normally, you are cuffed when being arrested.
(08-08-2014, 08:44 PM)Jamster Wrote: Alright, so, if a police officer begins baton rushing you while your wanted, running at you with their arrest baton, trying to arrest is it ok for you to shoot at the officer, and potentially kill them, in self defence?

From other experiences on other servers this is a thing, but I've never really needed to know about FL as, normally, you are cuffed when being arrested.

No.
(08-08-2014, 09:08 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 08:44 PM)Jamster Wrote: Alright, so, if a police officer begins baton rushing you while your wanted, running at you with their arrest baton, trying to arrest is it ok for you to shoot at the officer, and potentially kill them, in self defence?

No.

Why? Give me a reason.

Be constructive. Don't act like you know everything replying with
Quote:no
. It isn't helpful.

I feel I should have tagged this *I ONLY WANT AN ADMINS VIEW*.

If you aren't going to give a reason for your opinion don't fucking share it here. Thanks.
(08-08-2014, 09:13 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:08 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote:

No.

Why? Give me a reason.

Be constructive. Don't act like you know everything replying with
Quote:no
isn't helpful.

I feel I should have tagged this *I ONLY WANT AN ADMINS VIEW*

Ok, doing so would be Random Killing them as self defense only applies when your life is in danger, to do so would be breaking fear rp as your are afraid of getting a longer sentence or getting tased.
I think that would be abused if was ever allowed as police are already Underpowered. I wonder, when would you encounter this? Since we do have handcuffs.

Sufficient?
I would say that you cannot shoot at him since he isn't an immediate threat to your characters life. Instead, put him on gunpoint and tell the officer to stop. FearRP does the rest of the work.
(08-08-2014, 09:24 PM)NotSep Wrote: I would say that you cannot shoot at him since he isn't an immediate threat to your characters life. Instead, put him on gunpoint and tell the officer to stop. FearRP does the rest of the work.

Thankyou. That's a nice and well reply.

Take notes General.

I should add, my thinking for this is that, I was watching an American dash cam cop show in which the cop got shot at by the perp as he went to cuff him. That's my thinking. You've already broken the law, why just hand your self over when we all know you'd be at least defiant.

E.g you'd been in a gun fight and the cops have an arrest warrant on you. They rush you to cuff and arrest you and you're expected to stand and let them arrest them instead of shooting them?

I'd still like official verification.
(08-08-2014, 09:24 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote: Ok, doing so would be Random Killing them as self defense only applies when your life is in danger, to do so would be breaking fear rp as your are afraid of getting a longer sentence or getting tased.
I think that would be abused if was ever allowed as police are already Underpowered. I wonder, when would you encounter this? Since we do have handcuffs.

Sufficient?

(08-08-2014, 09:29 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:24 PM)NotSep Wrote: I would say that you cannot shoot at him since he isn't an immediate threat to your characters life. Instead, put him on gunpoint and tell the officer to stop. FearRP does the rest of the work.

Take notes General.

Whats with the snark? I gave you a better answer. What do you want? I'm sorry I acted like that at first, just the idea of allowing to kill an officer because they are arresting you is ludicrous to me but in self defense just seemed idiotic.
(08-08-2014, 09:33 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:24 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote: Ok, doing so would be Random Killing them as self defense only applies when your life is in danger, to do so would be breaking fear rp as your are afraid of getting a longer sentence or getting tased.

Sufficient?

Take notes General.

Whats with the snark? I gave you a better answer. What do you want? I'm sorry I acted like that at first, just the idea of allowing to kill an officer because they are arresting you is ludicrous to me but in self defense just seemed idiotic.

Why should I be polite to you when your first comment was made in such a snarky manor? You lack respect yet demand it. Yes, you changed your comment after I said I don't care for your opinion without justification. That's how simple it is. Perhaps if you had have justified your first comment when you posted it, I would've respected your opinion some more the second time round

Also, the fact you ended your second comment with the word "sufficient" shows you wanted to make a last ditch effort to make a sarcastic remark.

That's why.
[Image: Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg]
The following 2 users Like NotSep's post:
  • James_Gaff, Baskingner
(08-08-2014, 09:38 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:33 PM)GeneralSirens Wrote:

Sufficient?

Take notes General.

Why should I be polite to you when your first comment was made in such a snarky manor? You lack respect yet demand it. Yes, you changed your comment after I said I don't care for your opinion without justification. That's how simple it is. Perhaps if you had have justified your first comment when you posted it, I would've respected your opinion some more the second time round

Also, the fact you ended your second comment with the word "sufficient" shows you wanted to make a last ditch effort to make a sarcastic remark.

That's why.

If you want to take this any farther we should move to PM.
It was fairly obvious to me because I come from England, where there is a suspicious lack of guns. This seemed very, very stupid to ask or even consider rule-abiding. "If he is arresting me, I should shoot him because he's doing his job to put me in jail for 5 minutes and for the fact that I will be bored for 5 minutes, I shall take a life"

Yes, I am not holding back due to your response.
The following 1 user Likes GeneralSirens's post:
  • Suarez