Where is FL lacking
(01-18-2021, 02:55 PM)RoCKy Wrote: Organisation & Updates & AggressiveRP

[Organisation & Updates]

I would personally just love to see that the staff team could be more organized. I know it’s just a Gmod Server and stuff like that. But if you are staff member on this server then please show us that you really care about the community. 

Please do not blame the TA/Admins as we have no input on when updates are released. We are allowed to give our opinions and that is it, we have no other control.

I can see that some admins really like their job and try their best to keep the server running in a good way. However, I do not understand what the other still do in the team even though they are either inactive or are just generally slow at doing their job. I think also the SAs should have a look at, who is really able to get the server forward than backwards. 

My personal opinion is that the team doesn’t listen enough to the community. Of course I can understand that some stuff are not able to be implemented or whatever but I think the community should be able to decide if something is really needed or not. If an update which did not get suggested could get removed or not. Etc.

We do listen. But we cannot make change only suggest it.

[AggressiveRP & Updates] 

AggressiveRP is one or even the biggest parts of Fearless. Making changes to aggressiveRP content can really effect the community, player count, etc. I think before adding or removing something here, we should ask the Community first and see what their opinion is. If they will like the update or not. A Community-Meeting would be possible for this. Or a Thread with explaining the update and a vote. Some of the updates should of course stay 'hidden' so the community can also have a surprise. But I think that Developers should first think of what the community would say about the upcoming udpate.

[Map]

The current map does not fit to FL. That’s it. I think the EvoCity-Maps were the best. Getting back v4d or v5p would be cool.
SanRanevo feels empty and I cannot see as many roleplays running as on the EvoCity maps.

————————————————-

So yeah, that’s just my opinion. You might disagree with me. Let me know if so.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 1 user Likes Dragnort_'s post:
  • RoCKy
(01-18-2021, 02:37 PM)Fultz Wrote: I think this push for aggressive rp is funny. You want changes but dislike anything they will do. Nothing will be right. I don’t think aggressive rp is the issue FL is having. If you get on there is just nothing going on. There can be 50 people and half are afk or just standing around. Farms made the server even less lively even though it rose server population.  I think this is where FL should continue in doing. More jobs that you can do without the need to roleplay with others. Delivery Driver in my mind is one of the best jobs to come to FL even though it wasn’t done correctly. The job creates rp but doesn’t require rp to be done unlike a merchant job.

This is the exact reason to push for aggressiveRP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but who pushed for new weapons and new kevlar system...? No one to my knowledge. Exact reason why I fully dislike it and that feedback isn't being listened to.
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Flame..
(01-18-2021, 02:37 PM)Fultz Wrote: I think this push for aggressive rp is funny. You want changes but dislike anything they will do. Nothing will be right. I don’t think aggressive rp is the issue FL is having. If you get on there is just nothing going on. There can be 50 people and half are afk or just standing around. Farms made the server even less lively even though it rose server population.  I think this is where FL should continue in doing. More jobs that you can do without the need to roleplay with others. Delivery Driver in my mind is one of the best jobs to come to FL even though it wasn’t done correctly. The job creates rp but doesn’t require rp to be done unlike a merchant job. 

?

All of the AggRP updates are stuff NO-ONE has asked for. They didn't even test it lmao (which was openly admitted to lmao). No shit the changes that are done no-one likes. Its REALLY not hard to just make changes people requested then do something called testing to make sure its released in a manner that works.

And yes I agree with the farming being stupid, just makes people sit in houses/gardens doing nothing. zzz
The following 1 user Likes Jimmy The's post:
  • god
(01-18-2021, 04:01 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:

[Organisation & Updates]

I would personally just love to see that the staff team could be more organized. I know it’s just a Gmod Server and stuff like that. But if you are staff member on this server then please show us that you really care about the community. 

Please do not blame the TA/Admins as we have no input on when updates are released. We are allowed to give our opinions and that is it, we have no other control.

I can see that some admins really like their job and try their best to keep the server running in a good way. However, I do not understand what the other still do in the team even though they are either inactive or are just generally slow at doing their job. I think also the SAs should have a look at, who is really able to get the server forward than backwards. 

My personal opinion is that the team doesn’t listen enough to the community. Of course I can understand that some stuff are not able to be implemented or whatever but I think the community should be able to decide if something is really needed or not. If an update which did not get suggested could get removed or not. Etc.

[AggressiveRP & Updates] 

AggressiveRP is one or even the biggest parts of Fearless. Making changes to aggressiveRP content can really effect the community, player count, etc. I think before adding or removing something here, we should ask the Community first and see what their opinion is. If they will like the update or not. A Community-Meeting would be possible for this. Or a Thread with explaining the update and a vote. Some of the updates should of course stay 'hidden' so the community can also have a surprise. But I think that Developers should first think of what the community would say about the upcoming udpate.

[Map]

The current map does not fit to FL. That’s it. I think the EvoCity-Maps were the best. Getting back v4d or v5p would be cool.
SanRanevo feels empty and I cannot see as many roleplays running as on the EvoCity maps.

————————————————-

Well, then the communication between staff and dev team is really bad I guess
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
This thread should be titled "Why I want the old weapons back and new kevlar is bad". Just kidding.

As a relatively new developer in the community, and as a person who's coming from the outside and peering into the community as a developer, I think that I can offer some bullet points about what Fearless isn't getting right currently. Bear in mind, these are personal opinions and may not even be accurate to any degree. I don't want to be controversial and my intention is just to facilitate discussion about the topic at hand. Please do not blame any one person and/or staff members for anything, and see this rather as a systemic issue that has become a problem due to the fact that we're running a community in a niché game in an even niché-r gamemode category.

- The Gamemode being difficult to work with and plagued with performance problems not easily solved without a rewrite.
There are internal projects being worked on that eventually should deal with this problem.

- Punishments for rule breakers have consistently been laxed across the board, leading to players who repeatedly break the rules and having no significant actions taken against them. Let's be honest. A two hour blacklist from police officer will not prevent someone from messing around.
This is an issue I see really damaging fearless in the long term. We want players on the server, and the ban wipe did help in that regard, but the players on the server may not be the players we want for a nice environment for a FUN experience.

- Lack of organization and coordination within the FL team caused by busy lives and this being a game.
It is hard to coordinate efforts given that doing anything for FL is a voluntary effort out of passion and desire to improve the situation.

- Very different interests conflicting with each other as to what FL should be in a year, or two years, and so on.

These are not necessarily simple issues, but it is what it is. I'm hoping to at least help in the development side of things and I'm open to have 1-on-1 calls with people if there are significant things you wish to talk about!
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 3 users Like gin's post:
  • Lewwings, max., Adamantite
(01-18-2021, 02:34 PM)Panda Wrote: Also, the new weapons are proper pants. CW is just complete trash. Madcow weapons were one of FLs unique features, the weapons were so simple to use and identifiable, there is many people I knew who solely played FL because of the Madcow weapons, which “the other server” didn’t offer.

agree with this tbh. the only reason i really liked the old weapon system is because it was simple and unique. all the extra bits and bobs you can buy for CW i just find to be an unnecessary faff. madcows isn’t a perfect next gen system, but it’s not supposed to be. for the vibe of cityrp it felt like the perfect weapon mechanic to have. easy enough that someone new could partake in a fight, but there was still a steep enough skill curve that people who like to focus on agg could spend time mastering.

slightly relaxed rules in some restrictive parts would be very gamer too
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Zecon's post:
  • Panda
Ah we back to CW nowm what ever happened to madcow 2.0

Next you know they will remodel the BMW.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-18-2021, 08:21 PM)Marty Wrote: Ah we back to CW nowm what ever happened to madcow 2.0

Next you know they will remodel the BMW.

already a new BMW model lol
[Image: q3Ol43Q.jpg]
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
The following 4 users Like Chumps's post:
  • Steven8ken, Lewwings, Julern, MasterNoda
(01-18-2021, 06:39 PM)RoCKy Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 04:01 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:

[Organisation & Updates]

[AggressiveRP & Updates] 

[Map]

————————————————-

Well, then the communication between staff and dev team is really bad I guess

This annoys me because it isn't. There is literally a dedicated section for discussing updates that admins, developers, contributors and likely a few other ranks can all see and access. This has been used for every single update that is of moderate size or bigger and is created before the project is even started. This allows the entire team to give their input on something that is being created. Discord is also used quite actively in discussing things quickly, less so now as Development is extremely slow at the moment. Everyone on the team plays a role in larger updates, the admin team does give input in every stage and even joins to test updates before their release (such as with farming, which had a massive team test and input stage).

For those who are going to ask why the community isn't involved at this stage, it's because this is after the entire suggestion process. The entire workflow looks a bit like this for a moderate/large update.

Community makes suggestion -> Suggestion Approved -> Developers make thread for showing progress and further discussion with team -> SAs moderate progress and also provide feedback and approval for project idea -> Developers test update, scope depends on size of update (big updates have entire team involved and feedback here) -> Developers and SA Dev look over each others code and approve it -> Update released

There is an alternative version of this where the team can sometimes suggest an idea on their own with SA approval, but this is generally how most updates go.

As to what the thread is about, there's obviously always going to be areas of improvement however FL right now isn't in a bad spot at all compared to previous times. Server has been close to full almost daily with decent pop and there was even a queue a few days ago. Updates are not and have never been the solution to FL, people will always find something to complain about and threads like these are always going to be created because everyone has different opinions. The only big issue I can think about is staff activity, however this is being worked on with staff applications now open.

As to every other issue people have brought up here, it's extremely clear that a lot of it is because you guys don't know what you want. The map has been changed too much so we're sticking with Sanranevo for now because every single map has its own problems. Custom map is making good progress however that is a long term project and people will find something to complain about there too. Map complaints are just old at this point, you're never going to have the perfect map so you're always going to have a compromise. I feel like people complaining about the map just need to accept that you won't find anything that everyone likes on gmod.

I don't get the point of this thread at all, FL is doing fine right now however this thread tries to make you think it isn't.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork