Ask Master Anything
What are you opinions on public spacetravel
(05-29-2020, 01:04 AM)Forgee Wrote: What are you opinions on public spacetravel

I think it's incredibly interesting, but will not be without its problems. I see no problem with planes that shoot into the air at large inclines to get people incredibly high into the atmosphere, borderline in space. Those types of "space travel" are short stints in space just to see space and get really high up for fun and amazement, but they really aren't true space travel. Real space travel for the public is going to be very difficult. The sheer amount of danger in space travel currently is insane. There are so many points where something can go wrong, and people typically don't want to be the next Challenger, Apollo 1, or Columbia.

Beyond the actual issues that hardware has, there are so many things that can go wrong if a person isn't in peak physical condition to handle space travel and long travel times in space. Astronauts staying in zero-g for extended periods of time (usually more than a few days) need to exercise heavily to maintain muscle and bone mass. On top of that, getting into orbit is still a problem for anyone who can't handle the g-forces that are experienced during launch and landing maneuvers. Astronauts go through rigorous vetting and training, along with long quarantines, to just make sure they can handle the launching, extended orbit, and landing.

A vast majority of the public is not capable of handling these issues that astronauts have to deal with considering current space flight methods.

With the advancement of technologies and discoveries of new fuel sources or efficiencies, space flights could become significantly more smooth getting in and out of orbit. Space flight is already safer than it was in the past, but not by much. A station that uses some method to achieve artificial gravity would help alleviate issues with needing an insane amount of exercise daily and any issues someone may have with long stays in zero-g, but they will still need to be in great health to go because there are no doctors in space, and having any type of medical episode could easily kill you. 

There of course is also the issue of expense. Creating safe space travel methods for public use, along with actually giving purpose to people going into space for long periods of time, is going to require trillions in R&D. Going beyond Earth's sphere of influence is something that no human has even done yet, so frequent travel to Mars is also going to take trillions more in R&D.

Even once all this is developed, they are going to need to make the money back somehow. If you think air flights are expensive now, just think about how expensive space flight and staying will be.

Public space travel and space tourism is VERY far away, easily outside of our lifetimes. We will have a functioning research base on the Moon and / or Mars before any casuals like us get to even fly into orbit.

Things that are likely going to happen beforehand due to better priorities:
Developed cures for most forms of cancer.
Developed cures for all current major diseases.
Population stability on Earth from reaching Earth's (and Humanity's) capacity.
Moon and Mars bases (at least for research, like the current ISS)
A stable Moon colony (people are going to need somewhere to go for space tourism, which would be the main reason for public space travel)
A vastly overhauled and developed system for getting people and cargo in and out of orbit.
A network of asteroid mining / refueling.
Fusion energy generation.
Actual AI that is basically able to communicate and think like a human.
Insanely overhauled travel networks on Earth.
Frost getting unbanned and banned again.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 2 users Like MasterNoda's post:
  • Link, Joe Joe
Why when your having a bath do you shit in the bath?
(05-29-2020, 09:59 PM)Darth Vader Wrote: Why when your having a bath do you shit in the bath?

Because your dad wouldnt buy it if I didnt
Where does Soul excel where I do not?
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
(05-31-2020, 01:18 AM)Divey Wrote: Where does Soul excel where I do not?

Hard to say considering you are a better owner than he was in almost every way, and I mean that without licking your ass. Anyone with an active chat connection to the staff team would have had a better time, considering he never listened to us and was usually just involved in dire times, such as when the split happened, major exploits were found, external stuff to FL like donations, the forums, or the servers were down, or things like that.

He actively harmed the server in most ways by making stupid choices, being unnecessarily restrictive in the wrong areas, and just ignoring all the problems the server had. He only left once FL had started to really decline and he shoved the maintenance off to you instead. Luckily we are on a great path to recovery now and things are looking much better from here.

Soul never lost 2 months of server data or forced me to resign though, so there is that lmao.
thoughts on spacex rocket launch?
What is your onion on me?
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(06-01-2020, 12:48 AM)hans spiegel Wrote: thoughts on spacex rocket launch?

Watched it, thought it was cool. Love the layout of the inside of the pod, and the falcon 9 is always impressive to see launch and land. Really happy that NASA doesn't have to rely on the soyuz and Russia for launches now, and its back on American soil. 

(06-01-2020, 02:02 AM)Tomo Wrote: What is your onion on me?

Shallot. Expensive and under rated, but damn sexy covered in sauce.
The following 1 user Likes MasterNoda's post:
  • Tomo
who would you want back as a staff member the most?
The following 3 users Like Fearless Community's post:
  • Lewwings, rino, MasterNoda