Ad bots
(02-05-2012, 12:38 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Uhm, we have that?
Oh. I didn't realise bots were THAT smart .____.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
You can't stop a decaptcher. Admins will delete it, don't worry.
(02-05-2012, 01:58 PM)Tank Wrote: You can't stop a decaptcher. Admins will delete it, don't worry.

Admins shouldn't have to delete it in the first place. We need to stop all that spam.
As I have said before, you can't. Ad Bots use a decaptcher, which bypasses catpcha.
What about questions? For example:

What color are Firetrucks usually?: (Answer is Red)

How many eggs are there in a box that has 10?: (Answer is 10)
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
I liked the picture selection Mahti had. Coupled with easy questions. Bots would at least stop for awhile.
mybb has that botlist thing that could aways be installed, i think it was akismet or something im not sure i have not messed with mybb for about 4 months, but

mybb has a module/plugin that syncs with a massive database that keeps track of spam bots emails so that when they do attempt to get on the forum they are picked off before they can even post, think of it as a filter, i used it on my forum before and it worked like a charm never had a bot problem seen as the database is updated hundreds if not thousands of times a day.

er

or its something else, im not sure which it is ill get back to you later on it

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
I found something called StopForumSpam.com think that could be something nadrick described.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-63764.html

//EDIT: Added this plugin today, lets see what's going to happen.
Dare to think!