Welcome to San Ranevo!
(08-11-2019, 03:40 AM)Dimitris Wrote: I have Alpha, RanEvo runs like shit. Also, Lesanka really hit the nail on the head, to all of you that keep moaning about how bad FL has turned and how dead it is why don't you simply leave?

Check how the map runs in Singleplayer.
Does it run fine there -> it's the gamemode causing FPS problems
Does it also run bad -> It's the map or your PC
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 5 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Jonas, Chumps, Pollux, Generation, Edned
Find out what to check if you're getting timeouts, disconnects or other connection errors in the Fearless.

Server performance

This one’s Fearless sided. When Server performance are affected, you’re likely to see disconnects/or a staff message until they can isolate and replace or reboot the server that’s underperforming.

Packet loss

This means that info coming from you to Fearless is incomplete, some of it is being lost along the way.

What you’ll hear with packet loss is what most players refer to as input lag - keystrokes or button presses that don’t register properly in-game (mostly because they’re not all making it through to Fearless).

Packet loss shows up more severely in gaming than it does in things like video streaming or internet browsing, mostly because there’s no caching or buffering in-game to counteract it.

Packet loss can happen on wireless connections when there’s interference. If you live in an apartment building it could be a crowded wireless channel, or there could be something nearby (a microwave or a smart device) that’s interfering with your wireless signal.

For wired connections, packet loss often points to an issue with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or with another ISP that they partner with to route their internet traffic. If you’re on PC, you can run a UO Trace to pinpoint where the packet loss is happening.

High latency

If you have high latency when connecting to Fearless servers, you’ll feel delays in everything that you do, especially when your latency edges over the 90ms mark. If your latency goes over 200ms, you’re potentially looking at being disconnected. Latency can be a matter of distance from servers (Servers located in France), or if you live near the server you’re connecting to it can point to a problem with your connection.

Latency variation

This measures the jitter on your connection to Fearless servers, and it’s a real flag for an unstable connection.
High jitter means a frustratingly inconsistent game experience, you may see rubberbanding, input lag spikes, and related problems that feel all the more frustrating for their apparent randomness.

Low FPS

You’ll see this indicator on-screen (if you have one like with Nvidia Gforce Experience or the internal Garry's Mod) when the game senses your system is straining to keep up with the pace graphically.
If your FPS are low, it is advised to lower your graphics settings for a better play experience.
If your FPS are very low, your settings are seriously affecting your gameplay.
Low FPS sometimes gets called “lag”, but it’s rarely anything to do with your connection. Sometimes when there is a lot of on-screen action and effects, a system that’s close to the minimum specs may have problems rendering everything and you can end up feeling like you’re watching a slideshow more than playing a game. This happens when your system is under stress and can’t serve up the number of Frames Per Second (FPS) it needs to.
If either your GPU or CPU are below recommended specs, you may really feel it when you’re playing.
Try reducing some of your video settings to combat this. The game may not look as pretty, but it should play a lot more smoothly.

Refresh rate

If you’re having a refresh rate issue, it often means that you’ve limited your refresh rate in-game to something other than what the server is set at (for example, you’re capped at 144hz and playing on a 60hz server). Decreasing your refresh rate to be more in line with what your monitor can handle can mean a clearer picture and less screen tearing when you have vsync disabled.

"Can You Run It" for Game System Requirements: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
The following 2 users Like Generation's post:
  • Lewwings, Zulu
(08-11-2019, 07:22 AM)SoulRipper Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 03:40 AM)Dimitris Wrote: I have Alpha, RanEvo runs like shit. Also, Lesanka really hit the nail on the head, to all of you that keep moaning about how bad FL has turned and how dead it is why don't you simply leave?

Ranevo runs worse than the original Ranox even in singleplayer. My PC is brand new with an I5 8600 and a GTX 2080 so I am pretty confident it's just that the map is very poorly optimized. Obviously it runs even worse on a FL due to the whole game mode being unoptimized itself.
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Markus
(08-11-2019, 09:12 AM)Dimitris Wrote:

Ranevo runs worse than the original Ranox even in singleplayer. My PC is brand new with an I5 8600 and a GTX 2080 so I am pretty confident it's just that the map is very poorly optimized. Obviously it runs even worse on a FL due to the whole game mode being unoptimized itself.

I would be curious to see a 3D Mark Firestrike test here.
Then we can talk about the server optimization.
(08-11-2019, 09:12 AM)Dimitris Wrote:

The map isn't poorly optimized. And as you are the only one until now reporting that it runs that bad on everything it's strange. Please try to use "net_graph 3" in console and have a look at the fps and what is causing high spikes.
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
ngl i love the map and all but I get low FPS on the main server and it's v hard to drive. build server is fine but I guess when the server fills up it makes it laggy
Personally, I have an I7-3700K along with a 1080 and I see no performances issues at all. Maybe some slight server side lag when the server is almost full but nothing else. I love this map, seems built for the purpose of this server and his features. Keep up the good work guys!
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:43806599&b=9]
I'm getting low FPS too sadly. Not sure what can be done to fix that.
Sincerely,
Mark Muffalo
If you get bad FPS:

- Stay away from places where many cars/Props/Players are
- Try to run "gmod_mcore_test 1" in console
- Run "net_graph 3" in console and have a look what is causing the most usage.
- Change the priority of Garry's Mod to something higher in the task manager
- Make sure your graphic drivers are up to date
- Make sure it isn't your internet connection that is causing problems (Ping instead of FPS)

There might be more ways but that's what came in my mind right now.
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
(08-11-2019, 05:59 PM)Markus Wrote: I'm getting low FPS too sadly. Not sure what can be done to fix that.

Low FPS

If your FPS are low, it is advised to lower your graphics settings for a better play experience.
If your FPS are very low, your settings are seriously affecting your gameplay.
Low FPS sometimes gets called “lag”, but it’s rarely anything to do with your connection. Sometimes when there is a lot of on-screen action and effects, a system that’s close to the minimum specs may have problems rendering everything and you can end up feeling like you’re watching a slideshow more than playing a game. This happens when your system is under stress and can’t serve up the number of Frames Per Second (FPS) it needs to.
If either your GPU or CPU are below recommended specs, you may really feel it when you’re playing.
Try reducing some of your video settings to combat this. The game may not look as pretty, but it should play a lot more smoothly.

If you have more issue like Microstuttering (tiny shudders and jolts in movement) or Rubberbanding (where your player character runs like they have a rubber band attached to them, and then gets snapped back to their starting position).
Please, precise your problem.