Welcome to San Ranevo!
(08-11-2019, 06:08 PM)Generation Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 05:59 PM)Markus Wrote: I'm getting low FPS too sadly. Not sure what can be done to fix that.

Low FPS

If your FPS are low, it is advised to lower your graphics settings for a better play experience.
If your FPS are very low, your settings are seriously affecting your gameplay.
Low FPS sometimes gets called “lag”, but it’s rarely anything to do with your connection. Sometimes when there is a lot of on-screen action and effects, a system that’s close to the minimum specs may have problems rendering everything and you can end up feeling like you’re watching a slideshow more than playing a game. This happens when your system is under stress and can’t serve up the number of Frames Per Second (FPS) it needs to.
If either your GPU or CPU are below recommended specs, you may really feel it when you’re playing.
Try reducing some of your video settings to combat this. The game may not look as pretty, but it should play a lot more smoothly.

If you have more issue like Microstuttering (tiny shudders and jolts in movement) or Rubberbanding (where your player character runs like they have a rubber band attached to them, and then gets snapped back to their starting position).
Please, precise your problem.

I will try that thank you. However the recommended specs in that link are wrong. Check the Store Page please.

My problem is generally low frames per second. I have about 50 ping usually, a gigabit up/down internet connection, i5-9600k and a 1070Ti
Sincerely,
Mark Muffalo
(08-11-2019, 06:37 PM)Markus Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 06:08 PM)Generation Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 05:59 PM)Markus Wrote: I'm getting low FPS too sadly. Not sure what can be done to fix that.

Low FPS

If your FPS are low, it is advised to lower your graphics settings for a better play experience.
If your FPS are very low, your settings are seriously affecting your gameplay.
Low FPS sometimes gets called “lag”, but it’s rarely anything to do with your connection. Sometimes when there is a lot of on-screen action and effects, a system that’s close to the minimum specs may have problems rendering everything and you can end up feeling like you’re watching a slideshow more than playing a game. This happens when your system is under stress and can’t serve up the number of Frames Per Second (FPS) it needs to.
If either your GPU or CPU are below recommended specs, you may really feel it when you’re playing.
Try reducing some of your video settings to combat this. The game may not look as pretty, but it should play a lot more smoothly.

If you have more issue like Microstuttering (tiny shudders and jolts in movement) or Rubberbanding (where your player character runs like they have a rubber band attached to them, and then gets snapped back to their starting position).
Please, precise your problem.

I will try that thank you. However the recommended specs in that link are wrong. Check the Store Page please.

My problem is generally low frames per second. I have about 50 ping usually, a gigabit up/down internet connection, i5-9600k and a 1070Ti

I'm reading what you've put here:

=> Ping: OK
=> CPU: I5-9600k
=> GPU: 1070Ti

Remember, Garry's Mod is a CPU intensive game. But it all depends.
If you look at (for example) hundreds of NPC, props, recently spawned in the server, your CPU will spike, and your FPS may drop (server-sided).
If you look at (for example) lamps, smoke, your FPS will drop because of your GPU (client-sided).

About the recommended specs, thanks for the notice.
I have updated the link Smile

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4000/Garrys_Mod/?
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
Noticed a crash always at the same spot. I dont know if anyone of you got the same problem but it occured like 3 times for me already. It's mostly happening at the hospital & nexus front area, when im driving in front of it. cant look into the console sadly, cuz game crashes directly. Never occured before on the previous map.
 Hope I helped in a way,

Regards, Laurin. (+Rep?)

[Image: FHtvBN8.png]
(08-12-2019, 02:13 AM)Laurinwookie Wrote: Noticed a crash always at the same spot. I dont know if anyone of you got the same problem but it occured like 3 times for me already. It's mostly happening at the hospital & nexus front area, when im driving in front of it. cant look into the console sadly, cuz game crashes directly. Never occured before on the previous map.
I crashed once when looking at Hospital. Weird because my game almost never crashes.
(08-12-2019, 02:13 AM)Laurinwookie Wrote: Noticed a crash always at the same spot. I dont know if anyone of you got the same problem but it occured like 3 times for me already. It's mostly happening at the hospital & nexus front area, when im driving in front of it. cant look into the console sadly, cuz game crashes directly. Never occured before on the previous map.
Ruh roh
(08-10-2019, 02:29 PM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 11:31 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 11:17 AM)Conn Wrote: You're attacking the development team for doing a job for free, and, if you've played on SanRan yet, you'll see it's a good job. The fact that we have a new map is a start, it's boosted the community and no doubt the staff/development team as it gives the servers a much needed new lease of life.
Massive amounts of time were spent on the map by Alpha, who is just a contributor, and yet he managed to deliver something absolutely brilliant. Things are getting better, work is being done. I'd imagine it's hard to get motivated with people like you calling the new map a "waste of fucking time".

Again, you're not even reading what im saying. I'll make it nice a clear for you I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE NEW MAP. I am talking about the developement of new ideas which was approved MONTHS ago. Stop getting involved when you don't know what the literal fuck you're on about. 

No shit it'll boost the community... for a few days. It'll be dead by the end of next week. A new map will solve nothing. Arma 3 has ONE map people play, Altis, they don't need to swap map to make players, they need to develop one map. 

So next time open your eyes and actually read what im writing before you come here making yourself look like a complete idiot because you couldn't be bothered to read what im actually writing. Fucking dumb-ass.

Hey Ghostkiller.

As you have so many ideas for the community and you care soo much about it, I am happy you are so friendly to develop the things yourself.
I would love to see your good results and ideas done by someone who is really the best. I think you really know what it takes to improve FL and you also know everything about development.
You are right: For people like you this must be soo easy. But the current development team has some problems because we all aren't as good as you.
And because you care sooo much about the community you don't even need to apply as Contributor! You just want to start through and do it, am I right! I know I am because Contributor would be waaaaay too less compared to your skills.
And as you only care about the community and have no other life you will be done so fast. How about you continue development of FL on your own?
Would be better than the whole development team now! Cheese
I am soooo happy to have people like you in the community. People that are so highly skilled regarding development that they can do everything on their own and fast.
I can't wait to see how great your development work will be! Waiting for it until next week but I am sure you will be done very soon.

Oh and as you also don't want the developer rank because you are too skilled for it you can just start by taking over everything. Thank you! I've just earned a lot more freetime then.

I don’t involve myself much anymore, but honestly the levels of immaturity that this response has, from someone who is in a higher rank people look up to, you really shouldn’t be in the team, no matter how good your developing is.

You’ve just lowered yourself to a level below anyone arguing was at, kinda pathetic if I’m honest.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Markus, Byra
(08-10-2019, 02:29 PM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 11:31 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 11:17 AM)Conn Wrote: You're attacking the development team for doing a job for free, and, if you've played on SanRan yet, you'll see it's a good job. The fact that we have a new map is a start, it's boosted the community and no doubt the staff/development team as it gives the servers a much needed new lease of life.
Massive amounts of time were spent on the map by Alpha, who is just a contributor, and yet he managed to deliver something absolutely brilliant. Things are getting better, work is being done. I'd imagine it's hard to get motivated with people like you calling the new map a "waste of fucking time".

Again, you're not even reading what im saying. I'll make it nice a clear for you I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE NEW MAP. I am talking about the developement of new ideas which was approved MONTHS ago. Stop getting involved when you don't know what the literal fuck you're on about. 

No shit it'll boost the community... for a few days. It'll be dead by the end of next week. A new map will solve nothing. Arma 3 has ONE map people play, Altis, they don't need to swap map to make players, they need to develop one map. 

So next time open your eyes and actually read what im writing before you come here making yourself look like a complete idiot because you couldn't be bothered to read what im actually writing. Fucking dumb-ass.

Hey Ghostkiller.

As you have so many ideas for the community and you care soo much about it, I am happy you are so friendly to develop the things yourself.
I would love to see your good results and ideas done by someone who is really the best. I think you really know what it takes to improve FL and you also know everything about development.
You are right: For people like you this must be soo easy. But the current development team has some problems because we all aren't as good as you.
And because you care sooo much about the community you don't even need to apply as Contributor! You just want to start through and do it, am I right! I know I am because Contributor would be waaaaay too less compared to your skills.
And as you only care about the community and have no other life you will be done so fast. How about you continue development of FL on your own?
Would be better than the whole development team now! Cheese
I am soooo happy to have people like you in the community. People that are so highly skilled regarding development that they can do everything on their own and fast.
I can't wait to see how great your development work will be! Waiting for it until next week but I am sure you will be done very soon.

Oh and as you also don't want the developer rank because you are too skilled for it you can just start by taking over everything. Thank you! I've just earned a lot more freetime then.

[Image: eyes.png]
Kind Regards

That guy. Ive resigned from contributor 4 times now.
(08-12-2019, 11:17 AM)Avalanche ^-^ Wrote:
I crashed once when looking at Hospital. Weird because my game almost never crashes.

Thanks for reporting this issue. Both of you seems to have an issue nearby the Hospital. It may be a geometry/terrain issue.
Is it possible to have some photos / videos please?
Thank you.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
The following 2 users Like Generation's post:
  • Alphaverse, Laurinwookie
(08-12-2019, 06:33 PM)Generation Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 11:17 AM)Avalanche ^-^ Wrote:

Thanks for reporting this issue. Both of you seems to have an issue nearby the Hospital. It may be a geometry/terrain issue.
Is it possible to have some photos / videos please?
Thank you.
I will try to clip my last 30 seconds if I crash again Smile
#generation4admin