[Event] The West
"The Deer population around Greenwood is a great source of income!" 

[Image: f2jvecS.png]
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 5 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Grizzly, Janzo 火, Chumps, RoCKy, Lewwings
Out of place, but quite elegant, selling wares of which the likes of you have never seen!  But where will the Travelling Merchant turn up in Greenwood! (New applyable Role!)

[Image: OKFaK1X.png]
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

The following 5 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Grizzly, Jessixa, Chumps, RoCKy, Lewwings
"Some say Crazy John still roams the Eastern Wilds"

[Image: uupwzjb.png]
The following 6 users Like Forgee's post:
  • Joe Joe, Chumps, rino, Grizzly, RoCKy, Lewwings
(06-20-2019, 07:00 AM)Grizzly Wrote: I don’t wanna ruin some great role playing but you guys are acting like there were just 1000 of chinese people in America in 1894, yes there was China-Town in San Fran but let’s be real here 99% of white westerners would not have ever seen an Asian person before. I think if we truly role play how it was in 1894 there should be a lot of racism towards the asians in the town. As if they were treated the same it just wouldn’t adhere to the history of the country at that time. I just don’t see it historically accurate to have Asians in this western role play, but obviously it’s your choice how you wish to spend your time in this wonderful event.
there were a couple thousand Chinese in the west at the time due to the Transcontinental Railroad (90% of the workers were Chinese). Around this date, more started moving out of California due to anti-Chinese sentiment. I do agree that a large population were white and that Asians were very rare, but they did exist.
The following 1 user Likes dragon106's post:
  • Grizzly
(06-21-2019, 09:59 PM)dragon106 Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 07:00 AM)Grizzly Wrote: I don’t wanna ruin some great role playing but you guys are acting like there were just 1000 of chinese people in America in 1894, yes there was China-Town in San Fran but let’s be real here 99% of white westerners would not have ever seen an Asian person before. I think if we truly role play how it was in 1894 there should be a lot of racism towards the asians in the town. As if they were treated the same it just wouldn’t adhere to the history of the country at that time. I just don’t see it historically accurate to have Asians in this western role play, but obviously it’s your choice how you wish to spend your time in this wonderful event.
there were a couple thousand Chinese in the west at the time due to the Transcontinental Railroad (90% of the workers were Chinese). Around this date, more started moving out of California due to anti-Chinese sentiment. I do agree that a large population were white and that Asians were very rare, but they did exist.

Very interesting, You clearly know your history quite well!
(06-21-2019, 09:59 PM)dragon106 Wrote:

100% there were Asian people in America at the time, I think you may have took my comment the wrong way, all I am saying is this small town in Idaho will see an Asian man and either have no clue who he is or be disgusted of them. They were practically dehumanised as much as the African-Americans were at the time and I quote:

‘Newspapers condemned employers, and even church leaders denounced the arrival of these aliens into what was regarded as a land for whites only. So hostile was the opposition that in 1882 the United States Congress passed the Chinese Exclusion Act prohibiting immigration from China for the following ten years. This law was then extended by the Geary Act in 1892. The Chinese Exclusion Act is seen by some as the only U.S. law ever to prevent immigration and naturalization on the basis of race. These laws not only prevented new immigration but also the reunion of the families of thousands of Chinese men already living in the United States who had left China without their wives and children. Anti-miscegenation laws in many Western states also prohibited the Chinese men from marrying white women.’

It’s sad to see how 1895 looked in America and to be honest the wider world in terms of racism towards the minorities.

Sorry if I seemed hostile towards you it wasn’t meant at all, and I think it’s great to be the only Asian character in this roleplay! It’s really gonna switch thing up. Smile
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
The following 2 users Like Grizzly's post:
  • Lewwings, dragon106
OOC
Steam Name: [FL:RP] Santaliz
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:47571270
Hours: 720
RPP: 10

IC
Name: Wilber Ziegelmeier
Role: Traveling merchant
Details about yourself: Wilber Ziegelmeier - a proud young man who sadly lost his father early in life, which led to him taking over his fathers business, traveling from city to city selling his wares. Wilber is a risktaker, he travels with very limited protection, carrying the most unique products, covered behind socks and old clothes. He is very successful in business, however, not in love, he lost both his wife and the two children they raised together, during a violent robbery when he was only 24 - ever since he hasn't trusted or loved a single soul.

[Image: uickTS0.png] +Rep
The following 2 users Like Santaliz's post:
  • Bobby, Joe Joe

[Image: euxrapO.png]

To ensure the night runs smoothly a schedule of events has been set out so players can keep track of what is going on during the night. The event itself has a loose story as the aim is to allow players to be transported back 150 years ago so the story itself isn't completely restrictive. The schedule for the night is as follows:
  • 7:00 PM / 19:00 : Event becomes public and players can join!
  • 7:15 PM / 19:15 : OOC Briefing
  • 7:25 PM / 19:25 : IC Briefing (Story Starts)
  • 7:45 PM / 19:45 : Intro Story Arch ends (Players are free to explore the Wild West!)
Throughout the night random story encounters will occur however these do not have set times!

[Image: DLHks0T.png]

If you have not done so already we highly suggest now you download the content for the event so you are not late for its start! 

Regards,
Joe Joe

The following 4 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Santaliz, Chumps, Nick, Lewwings
(06-22-2019, 11:08 AM)Joe Joe Wrote:
[Image: euxrapO.png]

To ensure the night runs smoothly a schedule of events has been set out so players can keep track of what is going on during the night. The event itself has a loose story as the aim is to allow players to be transported back 150 years ago so the story itself isn't completely restrictive. The schedule for the night is as follows:
  • 7:00 PM / 19:00 : Event becomes public and players can join!
  • 7:15 PM / 19:15 : OOC Briefing
  • 7:25 PM / 19:25 : IC Briefing (Story Starts)
  • 7:45 PM / 19:45 : Intro Story Arch ends (Players are free to explore the Wild West!)
Throughout the night random story encounters will occur however these do not have set times!

[Image: DLHks0T.png]

If you have not done so already we highly suggest now you download the content for the event so you are not late for its start! 

* just a quick message from myself
Sometimes when joining Event you need to connect to Main first, and then it will allow you to join (similar to how the build server sometimes works)
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Jessixa
OOC
Steam Name: Clash
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79245098
Hours: 1086
RPP: 2

IC
Name: Jeffrey Roberts
Role: Prohibitionist (Westerner)
Details about yourself: Jeffrey Roberts (March 2nd 1864 - July 3rd 1916?) was a British-American prohibitionist, philanthropist, lawyer and later, Soldier. The son of John Roberts, a religous preacher from London, and Edith Roberts, a socialite from New York. Jeffrey was debatebly involved in the polticial processes of the United States and is said to be the mind behind the more modern ideals of how prohibition could work in a 20th century USA, despite the high yet decreasing opposition to prohibition during the time-period.

Moving to Idaho in his 20s, Jeffrey Roberts attempted to create a base for his prohibition ideals with questionable success. Little is known about this period but what is known is that Jeffrey Roberts worked as a lawyer and donated to charity often. In 1901, Jeffrey Roberts travelled back to New York to pursue a further career in law before volunteering to the war for Britain in 1915 and was drafted to the Somme in 1916 where he is missing in action to this day.
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Joe Joe