Ask the person that has been ddosing fearless anything
Its very weird seeing the man who can take our server down in a few clicks showing remorse, Not to mention hopping onto the forums and having a decent conversation with us, But, Other than that. As faustie said, Thanks for quitting the dossing. Most people would continue and enjoy ruining some peoples days, And thanks, Heh, My time from Fearless has gotten me better at Counter Strike. XD
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

I'm going to leave this thread open incase "ddoser." has anything further he would like to discuss, or anyone else has any questions he would be able to answer, or just discuss with the admin team. If people start to flame here or ruin the mature environment we've got, I'll be closing the thread so this whole situation doesn't just deteriorate again.
Interesting read, thanks a lot for clarifying motives and actually talking about it.
I'm quite happy to actually finally hear something from you as we were really not sure on what to do now.

It's good to see that you are very mature and actually able to express yourself, which is a very good thing as my stereotype of somebody DDoSing us is mostly a, as you said, 12 year old child raging about his ban. Also quite glad that nobody has been raging in here yet. Just for further notice: any flaming insults or disrespectful posts will lead to a warning, I hope we can keep it mature.

It's also good to see your motives and know why you do it, as we were not sure about it before. All I can say is that I can agree with your points, I can just make certain that we are working on those issues.

I keep warning admins for entering insulting or disrespectful reasons in the bans, I don't think this is very mature and definitely not necessary, which is why it leads to warnings.

I keep warning admins for not helping players, or trying to explain their mistake before they ban them, BlackDog has just recently received a major warning after somebody wrote an abuse thread on him.
I can just encourage people who have been treated like this to let us (Soul or me) know about this behavior.

The racial issue you were talking about is quite hard to handle on the server, I can see some bans for racism being justified, even though it was just a minor insult or the player was maybe not even aware of it. I don't think ignorance is an excuse in any way.
Still there are some bans for racism which are quite exaggerated in my opinion, there is always a huge difference in how people from the outside see the ban and how the banning admin sees it, especially regarding racism.

To fix the 2 issues above I came up with a solution, which was not welcomed though, to do fixed ban times for each ban reason we have, e.g. RDM = 1 day, breaking NLR = 12 hours and things like this. The problem here is that each rulebreak has a certain extent of damage to the RP. For example, a player randomly killing the president while he is having a conference which includes 20 other players. This player will get a higher ban time as somebody who raids an appartment and shoots the guy inside although he has no weapon. Reason for this is that he is destroying the RP for all the other players, the damage to the RP is therefore higher than in the other case.
Still I agree admins often give very different ban times and I think we should get clear rules for this.

One issue we can hardly change is the behavior of players, I am aware that there are many people on the server insulting each other, the only time we normally do something about is when this happens in OOC.
This is one point where I can say once again, if admins ignore insults and disrespectful behavior of certain players they will get demoted quite easily, I don't like to see things like mobbing on any of the servers.

The biggest issue for all of the things listed above is that they mostly happen all of the time, in minor and major cases, it's hard to keep track of all of them and to make a fair, reasonable and rational judgement on each case. Which is why often things get ignored... I can assure you that we are trying to get better at all of those issues, still this takes time and much effort, we are still kind of growing. I think by DDoSing and now actually telling us why you did it you reached one goal, which I think is surprisingly good. You make us focus on those issues and problems the community is having and eventually we will find a solution for this problem. Still this solution won't help when our servers will be down forever, so thank you for stopping the attacks, even though it's probably just temporarily.

Still there is one thing I just can't endorse of. There were admins being DDoSed, I don't know whether that was you, but those people started having problems in real life. There is one admin who got suspended by his ISP and is now suffering from problems at home because his parents are in need of the internet for their job. I'm not sure about the rest but I know that Dryblood was temporarily quite desperate about his connection and thought about leaving because those attacks were interfering with his real life too much. Those are things which are neither funny nor necessary.
Dare to think!
Unfair bans is here sometimes, but I (and not only me, sure.) love this server even as it is now. We all wish it becomes better. And everything is happening on Fearless, is part of us. Part of players.
Non-raged DDoS. Well, that makes people ready to conversation, to talk with you even if they don't want to. And I guess, troubles to play for common players, such as me, isn't even cost something to look at it while DDoSing when you have good reasons to.
And even while you DDoS Fearless servers, I think you mustn't DDoS admins personally. They all are people, and they are not only FL admins. By DDoSing them personally, you could cause more problems, than you caused. Guess, you don't want to reach what you reached in that way.
We all got a lesson, Fearless. The lesson of understanding, tolerance and the fact that anything that might happen, we can fix it. All's well that ended well. And I am sure, it's ended.
Are you currently DDoSing other server's right now? My other favorite server is being DDoS'ed and we're not having a good time if it's you.
It's been a long time.
please let the admins do the talking....
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
The following 1 user Likes Anakonda's post:
  • StillAlive
It is understandable that that different RDMs can have a different impact on the RP of the community and warrant different ban times.
It was me that ddosed the admins, but they need not be concerned with that now, I wont do that anymore. Im aware that my methods are questionable. I guess it comes down to if the ends justify the means. And virus, no I am not at this time ddosing any other gmod servers, or any gaming servers. I thought fearless was your favorite anyway Skeptical
Oh, my 2nd favorite server is down, and ddosed, and could be down average 4 months.
It's been a long time.
(01-24-2012, 01:38 PM)ddoser. Wrote: It is understandable that that different RDMs can have a different impact on the RP of the community and warrant different ban times.
It was me that ddosed the admins, but they need not be concerned with that now, I wont do that anymore. Im aware that my methods are questionable. I guess it comes down to if the ends justify the means. And virus, no I am not at this time ddosing any other gmod servers, or any gaming servers. I thought fearless was your favorite anyway Skeptical

It was you who attacked the Admins? You owe Toby quite a fair bit of money.

Not only that but you attacked me when I had not even been playing for a week.

Why?