State of the server
(08-16-2018, 06:26 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:19 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: Im just saying now. People saying 1 staff member can administrate a server on their own effectively is rubbish. It can be done but your under constant pressure with sometimes 5 @calls for rule breakages and maybe more for other things and you just sit there wanting to die coz you didn't respond to 1 call and now people in OOC saying 'do your job' like legit it's hell.

I did it. I use to yell at people telling them to get off my server so I could administrate by myself.

All you do is prioritize calls. If you want to talk about it more dm me. I'll break down exactly what I use to do bud so you too can handle a server by yourself
Sounds like the quality of you administrating was sheit.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
(08-18-2018, 07:23 AM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:19 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: Im just saying now. People saying 1 staff member can administrate a server on their own effectively is rubbish. It can be done but your under constant pressure with sometimes 5 @calls for rule breakages and maybe more for other things and you just sit there wanting to die coz you didn't respond to 1 call and now people in OOC saying 'do your job' like legit it's hell.

I did it. I use to yell at people telling them to get off my server so I could administrate by myself.

All you do is prioritize calls. If you want to talk about it more dm me. I'll break down exactly what I use to do bud so you too can handle a server by yourself

My administration was good in quality, go find any posts or comments saying otherwise. Going to a call for FearRP while/pming someone who is breaking nlr or rdmed someone over doing the vice versa makes sense if you are by yourself no? If I replied to what you said wrong let me know because you may have meant something else. I assumed you was suppose to be your tbh

Edit: or ask your EBC mates Flood Link and Noda about my administrating both flood and link both experienced me as a player and working with me as staff and noda as a player.
(08-18-2018, 08:12 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 07:23 AM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:

My administration was good in quality, go find any posts or comments saying otherwise. Going to a call for FearRP while/pming someone who is breaking nlr or rdmed someone over doing the vice versa makes sense if you are by yourself no? If I replied to what you said wrong let me know because you may have meant something else. I assumed you was suppose to be your tbh

Edit: or ask your EBC mates Flood Link and Noda about my administrating both flood and link both experienced me as a player and working with me as staff and noda as a player.
I think we are really missing the solution which is to hire more staff. At the end of the day you can't force people to administrate but if you have more staff then more people will be there to administrate without pissing off any existing staff members.
The following 2 users Like chopchop1614's post:
  • Lewwings, Aektek
(08-18-2018, 12:26 AM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 08:29 AM)Zombie Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:29 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote: V4b1 has been in the community for quite some time now, and I remember a while back there were really good rp’s with better FPS. So for certain, we cannot just blame the map, most areas are stable within the map with FPS, but framedrops may occur mod frequently and it sounds like a modification/update to the server can conflict and cause people have low FPS at certain times. I’m sure a developer can look into the recent updates that have been logged and check if anything is faulty within the code.

It's not the modification or any content that causes the lag, it's the map. Go join a DarkRP server with V4B1 as the map, and it will have the same bad performance as we do now.

Well I’ve seen videos, I’ve never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that it’s probably an update, just for now at least.

Well I've seen videos of DayZ when it was first released, I've never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that its' probably an update, just for now at least. *5 years later, still in early access*

Weak argument, what videos do you watch? Was it FL? How many players were there in the server? What's the date of the video?  What's his Gmod settings? Does he have an autoexec config? What's his specs? 

I told you to join a DarkRP server with V4B1 and make sure it's full, did you do that? It's not hard to do, unless you did and you don't want to admit that the DarkRP server was laggy as shit with V4B1. If you can't find one, I'll provide you with an IP, I know a full server.

I was watching a video from Zuthar13 called ‘Gus Bus’ Using v4b1 with higher graphic settings and recording a video, and never did I notice a single frame drop in that. Sure, give me an IP on steam and I’ll join it.

I sent you the IP in Steam, atm it has 63 players out of 74
(08-18-2018, 06:45 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:29 PM)Zombie Wrote: It's not the modification or any content that causes the lag, it's the map. Go join a DarkRP server with V4B1 as the map, and it will have the same bad performance as we do now.

Well I’ve seen videos, I’ve never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that it’s probably an update, just for now at least.

Well I've seen videos of DayZ when it was first released, I've never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that its' probably an update, just for now at least. *5 years later, still in early access*

Weak argument, what videos do you watch? Was it FL? How many players were there in the server? What's the date of the video?  What's his Gmod settings? Does he have an autoexec config? What's his specs? 

I told you to join a DarkRP server with V4B1 and make sure it's full, did you do that? It's not hard to do, unless you did and you don't want to admit that the DarkRP server was laggy as shit with V4B1. If you can't find one, I'll provide you with an IP, I know a full server.

I was watching a video from Zuthar13 called ‘Gus Bus’ Using v4b1 with higher graphic settings and recording a video, and never did I notice a single frame drop in that. Sure, give me an IP on steam and I’ll join it.

You sure the performance issue isn't a client one? Just doesn't make sense how your reported FPS is so much lower than everyone else. Make sure multicore rendering is on and non-essential stuff set to low. I wouldn't recommend playing on anything higher than 1920x1080 either. My laptop gets more frames.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-18-2018, 11:09 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote: Well I’ve seen videos, I’ve never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that it’s probably an update, just for now at least.

You sure the performance issue isn't a client one? Just doesn't make sense how your reported FPS is so much lower than everyone else. Make sure multicore rendering is on and non-essential stuff set to low. I wouldn't recommend playing on anything higher than 1920x1080 either. My laptop gets more frames.

I don't see the point in this argument when the FPS players get inside the city is basically irrelevant if so little people complain? The point here is to try and find ways to help the staff team out, through the addition of a new rank, hiring more staff, getting rid of current ones?
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Bobby Shmicki
(08-18-2018, 11:09 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote: Well I’ve seen videos, I’ve never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that it’s probably an update, just for now at least.

It's not a client one, I never had this issue with any map on Gmod. Multi core rendering is on and has always been on, I always lower my settings to have the best performance for V4B1 prior to joining FL, but if I play a different server, I keep my settings on high and I still get more FPS than I will ever have on V4B1. So what if you're playing on a laptop? I'm also playing on a laptop, a $1500 one. 

It's obviously not just me, if the entire staff team including the owner had the same mindset like yours, no one would play and FL would completely faill. If there's a lot of players that stopped playing and they have complaints, and some of the more "active" staff members are complaining and the map is among the complaints or even mainly, something is wrong and must be dealt with.

How is it that I know so many people and hear so many complaints about V4B1? Whether they're regular members or staff members. Whether it's the performance, the constant low FPS and drops, it's boring, inactive staff team or any reasons that I never heard prior of bringing V4B1 back. It's terrible, I connect in the servers maybe twice or 3 times a week and only stay on for less than 5 minutes and then disconnect, what I witness in the servers is prop killing and other rule violations and there is no staff team to deal with the problem. There's nothing to do in the servers anymore.
I believe that a lot of the more experience players need to take up the responsibility of teaching newbies the ropes. Recently I've seen experienced players be just as bad as the newer players minging.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 8 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Zecon, Spartan_KCT, Janzo 火, BasicallyMental, DVN, chopchop1614, Archer, Wolven
(08-20-2018, 12:40 AM)Awestruck Wrote: I believe that a lot of the more experience players need to take up the responsibility of teaching newbies the ropes. Recently I've seen experienced players be just as bad as the newer players minging.

Most cba as they can’t get teacher anymore ehhh
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • Lewwings
(08-20-2018, 04:17 PM)Aspire Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 12:40 AM)Awestruck Wrote: I believe that a lot of the more experience players need to take up the responsibility of teaching newbies the ropes. Recently I've seen experienced players be just as bad as the newer players minging.

Most cba as they can’t get teacher anymore ehhh

I think if you're only motivation to help the server and new players was in order to obtain the teacher rank then that says more about you.
The following 1 user Likes chopchop1614's post:
  • Pollux