State of the server
(08-17-2018, 12:14 AM)Yonno Wrote: Solo administrating is NOT hard. Either you lack backbone, courage, or you just perform poorly under "pressure", but it's really not hard.

Exactly, Anyone here remember Spear or Aviator? Those two were the only two admins brave enough to go on 33x all day to administrate meanwhile all the other admins and mods were in v2d. Lot's of memories of those two in 33x.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Grunt
(08-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:29 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 11:59 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 10:07 AM)Jeff The Cop Wrote: I’ve had quite a lot of fun with most of the maps, including v4b1 which I remember playing most mini events on back 1 or 2 years ago. I’m sure you also appreciated the map eventually until Fearless started sticking to 1 live server.

Of course everyone has had fun on every map, but the fun isn't  all the time. And the FPS is a major factor coming to it. I can't enjoy aggressive because of low fps, which removes my fun, and that is for a lot of people.

(08-16-2018, 10:01 AM)keojr Wrote: V2D was Temporary and everyone knew that by day one that the day will come. so if the map is a mess why would 70% of the community vote for it?

Its not 70% of the community, it's  just the people who voted for it, and no one knows if something will be good or bad if it isn't tried. v2d has the best fps and a lot of players came back because of that fps, i can't say what will  happen to v4b1 in the future, as i can't join the server, however you already see players complaining about the fps, including me while i did manage to play, it was a mess duo to the FPS. v2d was temporary for until Pines came back, however v4b1 was put instead of it. 

As well as the vote was shot, unlinke the previous one, which pines did lead, however after some time more and more players voted for v2d.

V4b1 has been in the community for quite some time now, and I remember a while back there were really good rp’s with better FPS. So for certain, we cannot just blame the map, most areas are stable within the map with FPS, but framedrops may occur mod frequently and it sounds like a modification/update to the server can conflict and cause people have low FPS at certain times. I’m sure a developer can look into the recent updates that have been logged and check if anything is faulty within the code.

It's not the modification or any content that causes the lag, it's the map. Go join a DarkRP server with V4B1 as the map, and it will have the same bad performance as we do now.

Well I’ve seen videos, I’ve never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that it’s probably an update, just for now at least.

Well I've seen videos of DayZ when it was first released, I've never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that its' probably an update, just for now at least. *5 years later, still in early access*

Weak argument, what videos do you watch? Was it FL? How many players were there in the server? What's the date of the video?  What's his Gmod settings? Does he have an autoexec config? What's his specs? 

I told you to join a DarkRP server with V4B1 and make sure it's full, did you do that? It's not hard to do, unless you did and you don't want to admit that the DarkRP server was laggy as shit with V4B1. If you can't find one, I'll provide you with an IP, I know a full server.
We're trying to communicate more with information we can release hence my reply.

People handle pressure very differently. We shouldn't have to rely on administrators being able to administrate a server solo because we should have more than one member of staff on in reality. To all the ex staff saying 'loool i can administrate a server solo its not hard' congratulations. You have your little star and yellow name, theres your medal. The team is trying to improve activity and size but it takes times, until then we are doing our best to improve the state of the server at times.
(08-17-2018, 10:08 AM)DVN Wrote: We're trying to communicate more with information we can release hence my reply.

People handle pressure very differently. We shouldn't have to rely on administrators being able to administrate a server solo because we should have more than one member of staff on in reality. To all the ex staff saying 'loool i can administrate a server solo its not hard' congratulations. You have your little star and yellow name, theres your medal. The team is trying to improve activity and size but it takes times, until then we are doing our best to improve the state of the server at times.

Fultz is missing his star and special color  SadSad Sad
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Lewwings, DVN, James
For those who are complaining about low FPS while doing Aggressive RP. Most of the places in the city except apartments are for Passive and Government RP. Aggressive have the rest of the map to use; downtown, Little Village, Villas, Grassy field, Lake, Industrials. Why do you need to RP in the city and complain, when you got so many better options? I really don’t believe my eyes if you have 20 and lower FPS outside of the city, and I don’t think this really should be an issue for the Aggressive roleplayers. Simply doesn’t use weapons where the area is restricted from you, and use them anywhere else than city. Problem solved
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 3 users Like Zona's post:
  • Pollux, Lewwings, Bobby Shmicki
(08-17-2018, 11:20 AM)Zona Wrote: For those who are complaining about low FPS while doing Aggressive RP. Most of the places in the city except apartments are for Passive and Government RP. Aggressive have the rest of the map to use; downtown, Little Village, Villas, Grassy field, Lake, Industrials. Why do you need to RP in the city and complain, when you got so many better options? I really don’t believe my eyes if you have 20 and lower FPS outside of the city, and I don’t think this really should be an issue for the Aggressive roleplayers. Simply doesn’t use weapons where the area is restricted from you, and use them anywhere else than city. Problem solved

Maybe because the city is a big part of the game, and something people want to play in, instead of playing in the forest like little kids lol.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(08-17-2018, 11:32 AM)perqe Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 11:20 AM)Zona Wrote: For those who are complaining about low FPS while doing Aggressive RP. Most of the places in the city except apartments are for Passive and Government RP. Aggressive have the rest of the map to use; downtown, Little Village, Villas, Grassy field, Lake, Industrials. Why do you need to RP in the city and complain, when you got so many better options? I really don’t believe my eyes if you have 20 and lower FPS outside of the city, and I don’t think this really should be an issue for the Aggressive roleplayers. Simply doesn’t use weapons where the area is restricted from you, and use them anywhere else than city. Problem solved

Maybe because the city is a big part of the game, and something people want to play in, instead of playing in the forest like little kids lol.

You say that, but for bigger groups places like the industrial are a much more suitable place. Basing at somewhere like MTL, Villa's doesn't really mean we're playing in the woods, we still win all the raids against the President, still recruit, still do everything we would in the city however do it in a place with better FPS?
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • sebasti161
(08-17-2018, 08:29 AM)Zombie Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 06:29 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 11:59 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote: Of course everyone has had fun on every map, but the fun isn't  all the time. And the FPS is a major factor coming to it. I can't enjoy aggressive because of low fps, which removes my fun, and that is for a lot of people.

Its not 70% of the community, it's  just the people who voted for it, and no one knows if something will be good or bad if it isn't tried. v2d has the best fps and a lot of players came back because of that fps, i can't say what will  happen to v4b1 in the future, as i can't join the server, however you already see players complaining about the fps, including me while i did manage to play, it was a mess duo to the FPS. v2d was temporary for until Pines came back, however v4b1 was put instead of it. 

As well as the vote was shot, unlinke the previous one, which pines did lead, however after some time more and more players voted for v2d.

V4b1 has been in the community for quite some time now, and I remember a while back there were really good rp’s with better FPS. So for certain, we cannot just blame the map, most areas are stable within the map with FPS, but framedrops may occur mod frequently and it sounds like a modification/update to the server can conflict and cause people have low FPS at certain times. I’m sure a developer can look into the recent updates that have been logged and check if anything is faulty within the code.

It's not the modification or any content that causes the lag, it's the map. Go join a DarkRP server with V4B1 as the map, and it will have the same bad performance as we do now.

Well I’ve seen videos, I’ve never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that it’s probably an update, just for now at least.

Well I've seen videos of DayZ when it was first released, I've never often noticed a high drop in FPS. I think you should give it a chance that its' probably an update, just for now at least. *5 years later, still in early access*

Weak argument, what videos do you watch? Was it FL? How many players were there in the server? What's the date of the video?  What's his Gmod settings? Does he have an autoexec config? What's his specs? 

I told you to join a DarkRP server with V4B1 and make sure it's full, did you do that? It's not hard to do, unless you did and you don't want to admit that the DarkRP server was laggy as shit with V4B1. If you can't find one, I'll provide you with an IP, I know a full server.

I was watching a video from Zuthar13 called ‘Gus Bus’ Using v4b1 with higher graphic settings and recording a video, and never did I notice a single frame drop in that. Sure, give me an IP on steam and I’ll join it.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
The following 3 users Like Jeffrey's post:
  • Grunt, Pollux, Lewwings
Servers dead, just move on.
Ever thought that all this whining just makes staff members want to play even less?
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here