State of the server
(08-16-2018, 03:46 AM)Jan Wrote: Events? Nope, they can’t be bothered.

Event can be hold in the main server too, for example passive rp nights.
This whole event server is nice and all, but we have a working server which events can be hold. Maybe not as big, but it sure as bell is possible.

(08-16-2018, 02:12 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 04:36 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 03:50 AM)Pollux Wrote:

This is not really the staff teams fault, the event server isn't suitable for hosting all events right now. I've done all I can to help and even added /event to allow people to join the server easily. Just waiting on FTP access to the addons folder on event.

The server is also far from dead, we dropped below 50 today for the first time in a while. It's really just minges which are a problem and that's being worked on.

What happened to the event server that destroyed it? Was it an addition that messed the whole thing up or was it Gary Newman?

It's just old and a mess due to so many added stuff. The entire FL gamemode was wiped and a new version was uploaded. I've already set up the gamemode itself just there's still a bunch of useless addons and half of them are broken. This means building pretty much doesn't work as half the tools are broken and there's three prop protection addons for whatever reason. Just waiting on access as addons on event were accidently locked.

I think it's silly that you don't have access to FTP. There's no point in being a dev if you're not trusted in having access too it. It slows down development and prevents you from fixing the much needed event server.
(08-16-2018, 11:12 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 11:01 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:10 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Before I continue I will say now that my statement is my opinion and my alone it is not a statement from the staff team.

(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: A loss of passion is the main issue surrounding the recent inactive is what it feels like as when a staff member does finally join from 5 people complaining on the Discord and even then they stay on for a maximum for an hour.
Player Reports are not even being done.
An example for loss of passion is GhostKiller. He was active everyday doing great RP until he got trial admin where he just suddenly stopped
I am still active in-game. I make sure I am on when possible for as long as possible. One thing you must understand though, once getting admin I no longer have time to actually play the game. At-all. In my time from getting TA I implore you to tell me one time I've actually pulled out a gun or roleplayed. I've only done it twice.

When im on the server the sole reason im on is to administrate the server. There could be the fattest government team with a dictator or the biggest rebel team but I will never take part. I will just play to help players. Is this what I signed up to? Yes it was. However, after administrating the server on your own with a full pop server 75/75 for over 2+ hours it becomes very stressful. Sometimes i'll perform 2 admin sits at once while monitoring the mainstreet for a prop spammer to start going ham and people start saying in OOC that 'Ghost ignoring my @ calls/ AFK' at one time.  You'll never find me AFK on the server if im on im actually on and when not in an admin sit I am always monitoring situations to try and stop rulebreaks before they occur.

I hope this gives you an insight into whats happening from my side, in my opinion my activity as of right now is fine and I always make sure I am on the server every day to assist when I can.

I understand administrating will be stressful, and there is nothing that we as a playerbase can really do to change that. There is something that the staff team can do however and that is to have multiple staff members online at one time so that @ calls can be dealt with a lot quicker, leaving a less frustrated playerbase. It also takes some weight off of your shoulders, espeically as a TA (Your job is to prove you're worthy of the admin role, not to prove you can run the server on your own). It also allows for staff to have that essential laid back time of roleplaying, time where they can enjoy themselves and then after say an hour the staff can rotate, making sure all of them have the chance to enjoy themselves on the server.

The only reason I used you for an example there was not to have a go or anything and I realise it may have seemed a little like that, nor was it aimed directly at you. It was just sad to have to see the role consume someone who was once so active, staying on for hours a day and now come on for what seems an hour a day, if not every other day.

I agree with you regarding the promoting more. In my view throughout the whole time on FL (2012-now) there has never been enough staff.

I think the ranks should be:

SA - Super Admin
A - Admin
TA - Trail Admin
M - Moderator

Moderator i'd like to see brought in as an introduction to Trail Admin. Moderator should have 3-7 people in it. They will have powers such as kicking and blacklisting.

This team would be a very free-flowing team which wouldn't be super hard to get into but would allow the team to review any potential applicants for admin and see how they do with power. I'd expect, people to be demoted from this rank or promoted from this rank. Others would stay at this rank.

With having 3/4 Moderators on the server, and 1/2 admins on the server it would mean moderator would be able to answer @ calls which are general questions and deal with certain situations and can request an admins approval on the situation if rules are broken.

Even with 2/3 admins on the sever, I still feel this is too little and there should be when 75 people atleast 5+ staff members at one time (with 5 admins on that's a 1/15 ratio which isn't that bad)

I from being admin disagree with teacher rank being removed as if it was still there it would make my life easier as people ask questions in @ chat and I help always however it means for some simple questions like 'how I do unlock my car' it takes up time where I could be over-viewing a raid for NLR or checking logs for someone prop killing etc.

We like all other communities are not perfect and we are slowly but surely understanding that and addressing the problems.
It’s good to see your perspective on the current admin situation, and hopefully they put this whole moderator thing into consideration. Good luck out there, Ghost.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(08-16-2018, 03:26 PM)Grunt Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 02:12 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 04:36 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 03:50 AM)Pollux Wrote:

This is not really the staff teams fault, the event server isn't suitable for hosting all events right now. I've done all I can to help and even added /event to allow people to join the server easily. Just waiting on FTP access to the addons folder on event.

The server is also far from dead, we dropped below 50 today for the first time in a while. It's really just minges which are a problem and that's being worked on.

What happened to the event server that destroyed it? Was it an addition that messed the whole thing up or was it Gary Newman?

It's just old and a mess due to so many added stuff. The entire FL gamemode was wiped and a new version was uploaded. I've already set up the gamemode itself just there's still a bunch of useless addons and half of them are broken. This means building pretty much doesn't work as half the tools are broken and there's three prop protection addons for whatever reason. Just waiting on access as addons on event were accidently locked.

I think it's silly that you don't have access to FTP. There's no point in being a dev if you're not trusted in having access too it. It slows down development and prevents you from fixing the much needed event server.

I have full FTP access, just the addons folder was accidently locked so only Soul can access it. Just waiting on him to unlock it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-16-2018, 11:59 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 10:07 AM)Jeff The Cop Wrote: I’ve had quite a lot of fun with most of the maps, including v4b1 which I remember playing most mini events on back 1 or 2 years ago. I’m sure you also appreciated the map eventually until Fearless started sticking to 1 live server.

Of course everyone has had fun on every map, but the fun isn't  all the time. And the FPS is a major factor coming to it. I can't enjoy aggressive because of low fps, which removes my fun, and that is for a lot of people.

(08-16-2018, 10:01 AM)keojr Wrote: V2D was Temporary and everyone knew that by day one that the day will come. so if the map is a mess why would 70% of the community vote for it?

Its not 70% of the community, it's  just the people who voted for it, and no one knows if something will be good or bad if it isn't tried. v2d has the best fps and a lot of players came back because of that fps, i can't say what will  happen to v4b1 in the future, as i can't join the server, however you already see players complaining about the fps, including me while i did manage to play, it was a mess duo to the FPS. v2d was temporary for until Pines came back, however v4b1 was put instead of it. 

As well as the vote was shot, unlinke the previous one, which pines did lead, however after some time more and more players voted for v2d.

V4b1 has been in the community for quite some time now, and I remember a while back there were really good rp’s with better FPS. So for certain, we cannot just blame the map, most areas are stable within the map with FPS, but framedrops may occur mod frequently and it sounds like a modification/update to the server can conflict and cause people have low FPS at certain times. I’m sure a developer can look into the recent updates that have been logged and check if anything is faulty within the code.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(08-16-2018, 11:12 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 11:01 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:10 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: -snip
-snip-

-snip-

I agree with you regarding the promoting more. In my view throughout the whole time on FL (2012-now) there has never been enough staff.

I think the ranks should be:

SA - Super Admin
A - Admin
TA - Trail Admin
M - Moderator

Moderator i'd like to see brought in as an introduction to Trail Admin. Moderator should have 3-7 people in it. They will have powers such as kicking and blacklisting.

This team would be a very free-flowing team which wouldn't be super hard to get into but would allow the team to review any potential applicants for admin and see how they do with power. I'd expect, people to be demoted from this rank or promoted from this rank. Others would stay at this rank.

A system like this would never work unfortunately. Everytime Fearless has added ranks to encourage the staff team to promote more people with less powers it backfires and the bar just gets raised again. For example looking at when the Mod rank was introduced, only one person out of the original 5 promoted mods has their veteran tags right now, and only 2 made it to Admin. 2 were demoted and 1 resigned.

This is something that cannot be solved in my opinion. You will see a lot more promotions turn out poorly and with poor results, go back to the way it was just with a new rank. To make something like this work, you would need to set guidelines up to where any little infraction would justify demotion, have a staff team that is going to behold to this and not let any exceptions slip through, and have a SA who is willing to do about 3 times the amount of work that currently is placed on them.

What you said earlier about having admin applications, that is something I like and honestly have always enjoyed. I do not like the current system when it comes to the suggestion of potential candidates. Candidates are selected by one of the members of staff and then they are discussed, if we were to add an application system, it would be the player selecting themselves to be a staff member and would take away the bias process of needing to befriend the staff to be suggested.

With having 3/4 Moderators on the server, and 1/2 admins on the server it would mean moderator would be able to answer @ calls which are general questions and deal with certain situations and can request an admins approval on the situation if rules are broken.

Giving a new rank such a moderator again would give the current team who is rather inactive in regards to @ calls etc more of an excuse to ignore @ calls (Which is FLs biggest issue IMO). We need the team to change their mentality and have them do @ calls instead of either sitting on the server afk or ignoring them to RP. This is realistically on Divey if he would want to do something like this. But with the amount of chaos on the server currently. It may be the best way to handle it.

Even with 2/3 admins on the sever, I still feel this is too little and there should be when 75 people atleast 5+ staff members at one time (with 5 admins on that's a 1/15 ratio which isn't that bad)

1 administrator should be able to administrate a full server by themselves. More staff on just helps. @ calls are not hard and simply responding to other @ calls letting them know you will be right there or to give you a second is literally a tool the staff has and doesnt use.

I from being admin disagree with teacher rank being removed as if it was still there it would make my life easier as people ask questions in @ chat and I help always however it means for some simple questions like 'how I do unlock my car' it takes up time where I could be over-viewing a raid for NLR or checking logs for someone prop killing etc.

Questions like how to I unlock my car do not need to be answered in @ calls as they will ask in OOC shortly after if not answered. Focus on main calls. Those last two examples are garbage examples and I wish I could say more about it.

We like all other communities are not perfect and we are slowly but surely understanding that and addressing the problems.

As of right now the issues I have had regarding things with FL have not been address and truthfully thrown into the back burner. If I want to suggest something I have needed to speak with an SA directly on steam to be slightly affective.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Grunt, James
I think if we're trying to promote a bigger playerbase we should ban people for smaller times and educate them on their mistakes. I mean it's probably a bad idea but it's all i can think of tbh. It just rustles my jimmies seeing people banned for 8+ days i'm just thinking the person is not going to learn from their mistakes might as well bring them back and kick em so they're forced to sit through 10m of that bs loading screen to think about what they did wrong.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Im just saying now. People saying 1 staff member can administrate a server on their own effectively is rubbish. It can be done but your under constant pressure with sometimes 5 @calls for rule breakages and maybe more for other things and you just sit there wanting to die coz you didn't respond to 1 call and now people in OOC saying 'do your job' like legit it's hell.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:81986316&b=12]
(08-16-2018, 06:19 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: Im just saying now. People saying 1 staff member can administrate a server on their own effectively is rubbish. It can be done but your under constant pressure with sometimes 5 @calls for rule breakages and maybe more for other things and you just sit there wanting to die coz you didn't respond to 1 call and now people in OOC saying 'do your job' like legit it's hell.

I did it. I use to yell at people telling them to get off my server so I could administrate by myself.

All you do is prioritize calls. If you want to talk about it more dm me. I'll break down exactly what I use to do bud so you too can handle a server by yourself
(08-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Jeff The Cop Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 11:59 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 10:07 AM)Jeff The Cop Wrote: I’ve had quite a lot of fun with most of the maps, including v4b1 which I remember playing most mini events on back 1 or 2 years ago. I’m sure you also appreciated the map eventually until Fearless started sticking to 1 live server.

Of course everyone has had fun on every map, but the fun isn't  all the time. And the FPS is a major factor coming to it. I can't enjoy aggressive because of low fps, which removes my fun, and that is for a lot of people.

(08-16-2018, 10:01 AM)keojr Wrote: V2D was Temporary and everyone knew that by day one that the day will come. so if the map is a mess why would 70% of the community vote for it?

Its not 70% of the community, it's  just the people who voted for it, and no one knows if something will be good or bad if it isn't tried. v2d has the best fps and a lot of players came back because of that fps, i can't say what will  happen to v4b1 in the future, as i can't join the server, however you already see players complaining about the fps, including me while i did manage to play, it was a mess duo to the FPS. v2d was temporary for until Pines came back, however v4b1 was put instead of it. 

As well as the vote was shot, unlinke the previous one, which pines did lead, however after some time more and more players voted for v2d.

V4b1 has been in the community for quite some time now, and I remember a while back there were really good rp’s with better FPS. So for certain, we cannot just blame the map, most areas are stable within the map with FPS, but framedrops may occur mod frequently and it sounds like a modification/update to the server can conflict and cause people have low FPS at certain times. I’m sure a developer can look into the recent updates that have been logged and check if anything is faulty within the code.

It's not the modification or any content that causes the lag, it's the map. Go join a DarkRP server with V4B1 as the map, and it will have the same bad performance as we do now.