State of the server
(08-16-2018, 11:12 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 11:01 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:10 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: -snip-
(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
-snip-

I agree with you regarding the promoting more. In my view throughout the whole time on FL (2012-now) there has never been enough staff.

I think the ranks should be:

SA - Super Admin
A - Admin
TA - Trail Admin
M - Moderator

Moderator i'd like to see brought in as an introduction to Trail Admin. Moderator should have 3-7 people in it. They will have powers such as kicking and blacklisting.

This team would be a very free-flowing team which wouldn't be super hard to get into but would allow the team to review any potential applicants for admin and see how they do with power. I'd expect, people to be demoted from this rank or promoted from this rank. Others would stay at this rank.

With having 3/4 Moderators on the server, and 1/2 admins on the server it would mean moderator would be able to answer @ calls which are general questions and deal with certain situations and can request an admins approval on the situation if rules are broken.

Even with 2/3 admins on the sever, I still feel this is too little and there should be when 75 people atleast 5+ staff members at one time (with 5 admins on that's a 1/15 ratio which isn't that bad)

I from being admin disagree with teacher rank being removed as if it was still there it would make my life easier as people ask questions in @ chat and I help always however it means for some simple questions like 'how I do unlock my car' it takes up time where I could be over-viewing a raid for NLR or checking logs for someone prop killing etc.

We like all other communities are not perfect and we are slowly but surely understanding that and addressing the problems.

This additional rank, and the idea you presented, would be amazing to see. Having moderators I feel would also give the staff a chance to mould people to become a more ideal candidate, as they might be getting there but because they are not staff and there are certain things they cannot be shown unless staff they will not quite make it to become that ideal candidate. Although it would give Divey a little extra work having moderators, obviously they cannot do a lot of damage and if you're promoting someone you can trust, they shouldn't really be an issue.

Definately something that should be looked into
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Lewwings
I must agree that the idea of having Moderators again, with limited powers, but still able to keep the server in order, is a great idea, it would make a great addition, and let those who really have commitment to the server shine.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Grunt
There’s no point having a trial rank for a trial rank to increase numbers.

Just promote to Trial admin but promote in bigger bulk than current.

Although the server lately has shown there’s not really a huge deal of players or experienced players who are up to the task of staff, this doesn’t help the situation.
The following 3 users Like Falc's post:
  • Yonno, Baskingner, James
(08-16-2018, 11:49 AM)Falc Wrote: There’s no point having a trial rank for a trial rank to increase numbers.

Just promote to Trial admin but promote in bigger bulk than current.

Although the server lately has shown there’s not really a huge deal of players or experienced players who are up to the task of staff, this doesn’t help the situation.

let's get bigman falc back in the team
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 2 users Like Tomo's post:
  • James, Wolven
(08-16-2018, 10:07 AM)Jeff The Cop Wrote: I’ve had quite a lot of fun with most of the maps, including v4b1 which I remember playing most mini events on back 1 or 2 years ago. I’m sure you also appreciated the map eventually until Fearless started sticking to 1 live server.

Of course everyone has had fun on every map, but the fun isn't  all the time. And the FPS is a major factor coming to it. I can't enjoy aggressive because of low fps, which removes my fun, and that is for a lot of people.

(08-16-2018, 10:01 AM)keojr Wrote: V2D was Temporary and everyone knew that by day one that the day will come. so if the map is a mess why would 70% of the community vote for it?

Its not 70% of the community, it's  just the people who voted for it, and no one knows if something will be good or bad if it isn't tried. v2d has the best fps and a lot of players came back because of that fps, i can't say what will  happen to v4b1 in the future, as i can't join the server, however you already see players complaining about the fps, including me while i did manage to play, it was a mess duo to the FPS. v2d was temporary for until Pines came back, however v4b1 was put instead of it. 

As well as the vote was shot, unlinke the previous one, which pines did lead, however after some time more and more players voted for v2d.
I really dislike the argument for "the staff team is old they have jobs". Okay great, you have a job, there are a lot of players who too have jobs. If your job is making you too busy to administrate a gmod server then its time to step down from your position - this isn't a bad thing. The fact that you have a job that is worth spending your time in is great, its going to get you way further than a gmod server will.

With regards to forgee's comment, when you say its the summer holidays and you and other staff members have a job, its not going to go away when the summer finishes is it?

There are other players who are capable and willing to invest time into the server who have a reasonable amount of time to put into the server.
There are too many staff members who are inactive as hell and only have the rank just because. Its time to demote staff who cant put the time in, its getting ridiculous.
The following 6 users Like Grunt's post:
  • Huskii, Lewwings, Falc, Yonno, James, Link
(08-16-2018, 09:47 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote: The map change was a major problem, however that's what 70% voted for, so have fun in that mess. For the staff it's self, yeah a lot are inactive. However what is there to do about. Demote them? That even makes the staff team less, which will mean thet even if they don't play that often, they can still do something positive for the server. I didn't see a problem with the playercount on v2d. The only conventional solution is more staff, but that isn't an easy job.

I would like to add a solution i suggested a not so long time ago.

It being this suggestion https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=88394
The reason i am bringing it up, is because what i offered is something could minimise the damage, while there not being enough staff online, or none at all. And that has always happened. I am not saying it will work, however such with this map vote, a lot thought there will be good fps, however didn't really turn that well. Why it was declined and the majority of the criticism i got was that it won't work, however most who said it, can't suggest a better solution nor know for sure it won't work until it is tried, and as seen the majority of the threads which complain it is obvious that FL needs something unconventional.

Now please read the suggestion then go here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wQxP...sp=sharing

It is the rules, however there what i suggested in it. Please without using CTRL + F and just by 'skim past and look for the "click here"'. If it takes you longer than a couple of minutes or you don't find it, then in that time a staff member could of came online, or the ming could leave. As well as the right link sends you to a place where it says congratulations pollux or something like that.

The reason why i am saying this, is there will always be staff problems, it being not enough and even if at some point there is enough and they are active, as it was a couple of months ago, now there aren't enough active ones.
smh this is all because of ghostkiller getting TA
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • DVN, Wolven
(08-16-2018, 10:51 AM)Falc Wrote: Promote me to trial admin and I’ll administrate for you

Demoted boys making a comeback??????

The following 6 users Like Willem de Walrus's post:
  • Lewwings, , Falc, Grunt, James, Wolven
(08-16-2018, 04:36 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 03:50 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 03:46 AM)Jan Wrote: Events? Nope, they can’t be bothered.

This is not really the staff teams fault, the event server isn't suitable for hosting all events right now. I've done all I can to help and even added /event to allow people to join the server easily. Just waiting on FTP access to the addons folder on event.

The server is also far from dead, we dropped below 50 today for the first time in a while. It's really just minges which are a problem and that's being worked on.

What happened to the event server that destroyed it? Was it an addition that messed the whole thing up or was it Gary Newman?

It's just old and a mess due to so many added stuff. The entire FL gamemode was wiped and a new version was uploaded. I've already set up the gamemode itself just there's still a bunch of useless addons and half of them are broken. This means building pretty much doesn't work as half the tools are broken and there's three prop protection addons for whatever reason. Just waiting on access as addons on event were accidently locked.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork