State of the server
(08-15-2018, 11:27 PM)keojr Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 11:13 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: A loss of passion is the main issue surrounding the recent inactive is what it feels like as when a staff member does finally join from 5 people complaining on the Discord and even then they stay on for a maximum for an hour.
Player Reports are not even being done.

An example for loss of passion is GhostKiller. He was active everyday doing great RP until he got trial admin where he just suddenly stopped

From my experience, it is very difficult to maintain passion for playing the actual game (roleplaying) once you become staff. After a while you get bored of having to keep dropping out of your roleplays to go to @ calls, so you just end up forgetting about the roleplay altogether. 

I very rarely roleplay anymore unless it's a big event and I planned it in advance. When I come on I come on solely to administrate and between @ calls I just fly around seeing if any rules are being broken. I don't mind doing that, I don't find that particularly boring. It's just that I didn't like having to constantly jump between RP and @ calls. It was too stop-start and THAT is what I was getting bored of.
Could I ask has nobody brought applications up within the staff team? I wouldn't apply but people would and good people make the applications hard and fair so people who want it get it. Because I think the reason the staff team gets bored of the server is the lack of staff. So say 3 staff are on a 60 player server site will come in fast less roleplay time for staff and more boring but more staff more roleplay time. I just wanted to bring this up

Hand picking staff is a much better way of bringing on people to the staff team than applications as words and actions are two completey different things.
If they're looking for staff but not finding many suitable candidates then I think the guidelines need to be loosened up a little, or instead they should give things a fresh start in terms of player reputation to staff members helping to allow for more, and ideal, candidates as people have certainly changed with their past wrongly representing their present.
Another thing that staff could do, or Divey, hire people who are borderline ready for staff and then tell them where they're going wrong to help them improve and in turn become that right candidate.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I have no idea on the guidelines but from my point of view, and staff saying there are pretty much no ideal candidates then it gives the impression i have written above
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Lewwings
If only there were 2 live servers again, this type of drama over the lag bundle, etc would not of started, and especially when v4b1 crashes due to props, etc then we could just use v2d temporarily like we did 1-2 years ago if I remember correctly.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember it being this dramatic picking maps and then using propaganda towards such a fine map.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
Recently for me when I have tried to play the server it feels a lot more like a chore than actually having fun, Whenever I do come on I literally come on for 5 minutes then realize how shit it is and close the game. I don't even know what it is anymore tbh like in my head I want to play but actually playing is another story, you can get more fun out of watching paint dry. A lot of the staff are my friends but it needs to be said they arn't assed and its facts, they are fucking bored too otherwise they'd be on the server Sleepy ...

More chance of finding Madeline Mccann than seeing an event anymore,
Who the fuck is even assed about clans anymore, the past guidelines killed all that off.
Seen more maps than I've had shits in the last year.
People seem to only want ranks for status now a days when in reality no ones assed.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 4 users Like Envy's post:
  • mgdwszx, BasicallyMental, Grunt, Zona
remove some rules an we good
SMH, here is a fix for all damn problems
http://www.change.org/p/divey-make-frost...aff-member
The following 1 user Likes Prosto's post:
  • James
there are times where im a few seconds away from writing quit in console due to staff coming on and the only times they come on are when theyre messaged about it being REALLY bad on the server, even then some admins just ignore messages on steam or pings on discord.
imo something really has to be done about the inactivity, if staff get bored of administrating or just dont have time to do it anymore, then why keep the rank?

divey, plsfix
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Lewwings
we need gordon ramsey in this place
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 3 users Like BasicallyMental's post:
  • sebasti161, Lewwings, Zona
(08-16-2018, 01:02 AM)sebasti161 Wrote: imo something really has to be done about the inactivity, if staff get bored of administrating or just dont have time to do it anymore, then why keep the rank?

This is a big thing what I meant about the whole status thing, if you know you arnt enjoying the server anymore and arnt going to be active then resign, open the slot and give the rank to someone who will genuinely improve the server.
I could name 10 people right now who genuinely deserve the rank and would be active all the time.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 4 users Like Envy's post:
  • Lewwings, BasicallyMental, sebasti161, Zona
Utilize the fucking event server, holy fuck. 
Event Manager role has never been this irrelevant.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 7 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Moxew, Envy, Pollux, Lewwings, Grunt, Zona, Wolven
(08-16-2018, 02:44 AM)Yonno Wrote: Utilize the freaking event server, holy fuck. 
Event Manager role has never been this irrelevant.

Well it's sorta not usable depending on the event. For the Build Competition I had to rush it out on the Alpha server due to some tools not working on event and it having three prop protection addons. I'm still waiting on FTP access to fix it.

If the event doesn't require props it could perhaps work out though if a Developer is free on that day.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork