Feeling of v2d
V2D's revival brought back some nice nostalgia as it was the main map I played on when I joined. But now to be honest it does feel a bit stale, I feel like I've done most of the things I want to in it and want to try something new on a another map. AgroRP plays very much the same and so does the passive RP opportunities like equal said.

The big thing for v2d is a good FPS, with a poorly optimised game mode it runs pretty good on a standard pc however anything bigger and it starts to slow down, which is bad when you're going things like raiding or car chasing.

V33 was pretty good too but it was just a bit laggy with full players and lots of dupes on.

A new optimised map with a fresh game mode optimisation would be very nice and probably get the approval of most v2d players as the nostalgia is begging to wear off.
There is a map where its like V2D and V33X put together, i think that will be perfect.

However, numbers speak for themselves the server is now full near enough daily, with players wanting to join why its full.

It cant be doing too bad, scary thing is when the staff team and developers want the opposite to whats best for the community what can you do.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 3 users Like don's post:
  • Grunt, Dimitris, Bear
(07-16-2018, 09:59 PM)perqe Wrote: There is a map where its like V2D and V33X put together, i think that will be perfect.

However, numbers speak for themselves the server is now full near enough daily, with players wanting to join why its full.

It cant be doing too bad, scary thing is when the staff team and developers want the opposite to whats best for the community what can you do.
Pollux: But we had the exact same numbers with pines bla bla bla..
(07-16-2018, 08:30 PM)Grunt Wrote: But now to be honest it does feel a bit stale, I feel like I've done most of the things I want to in it and want to try something new on a another map.

This line right here.. that has been the very essential issue with this map changing routine and will contunie to be, quite evidently.

I'm really not surprised, but v2d feels like the most adequate choice
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Feel like pure shit, just want pines back.

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
(07-17-2018, 12:00 AM)Ratatoskrr Wrote: Feel like pure shit, just want pines back.

youre not getting pines back

i however am loving everything about v2d except for jails being on second floor so any "jailbreak" seems like a nexus raid and how close slums is to the nexus is very annoying, ive quit multiple times because im just annoyed at the basers at slums, the raidbaiting and just shooting anyone in the government they see
The following 2 users Like sebasti161's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, juicyorange
I haven't played on the Pines map yet, but just like Envy, I will always prefer v33x over v2d.
No matter how much v2d makes me feel like a lil kid again, I can't help but think it looks bad, and very outdated. The texture update is okay, but it's still such a tacky map in general. It doesn't go along with the new player- and carmodels.

I think the playercount is better now because of the summer holidays, not necessarily because of the map being set on v2d. 

As nostalgic as v2d is, it's still very outdated. The slums bases take up half the city because of the constant raids, the pool-lake area is fricken boring. UM is usually a "free city" because the President's always corrupt for some reason, which also makes strolling in the city almost impossible since everything is illegal.

I don't know how laggy the other maps are. I think all maps are equally as cancerous lag/fps-wise. I can never try to participate in a raid because as soon as that spray-from-base shooting happens, FPS just drops and a moment later, boom, I'm dead. But perhaps I'm just spoiled, coming back from playing games that have at least 60FPS at all times.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 4 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Pollux, Archer, Grunt, sebasti161
(07-16-2018, 11:03 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 09:59 PM)perqe Wrote: There is a map where its like V2D and V33X put together, i think that will be perfect.

It really was though, we put on Pines towards the end of exam season and at the start of some peoples summer holidays. I believe we would have the same playercount even if we were on V5P, it's just people are free now due to summer holidays starting/exams ending. Not saying V5P was better or anything, just that the playercount isn't primarily due to the map change.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-17-2018, 06:51 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:03 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

It really was though, we put on Pines towards the end of exam season and at the start of some peoples summer holidays. I believe we would have the same playercount even if we were on V5P, it's just people are free now due to summer holidays starting/exams ending. Not saying V5P was better or anything, just that the playercount isn't primarily due to the map change.

My issue and I think quite a few others with Pines was that the main city was very lacklustre and had no character. That coupled with that the map was very spread out felt like there weren't any RP's going on.

I think perqe hit the nail on the head, a map with a mix of v2d and v33x would fit this server really well.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The magic spell of nostalgia will be broken very soon. I’d rather have v33x
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 2 users Like Archer's post:
  • Pollux, Flux