Feeling of v2d
So finally, hopefully for a prolonged time we have gotten what we? wanted. 
First, the realization that we only need one map and secondly that it needs to be optimized and small enough to accommodate the new player count finally came into intuition. Though i know there are plans in motion to sway this ultimately effective and gorgeous combination, I must find it in my heart to argue for its prevail. 

I want to know how you feel about the map, does it feel more lively than before? 
How is the frequent player interaction? Please be my guest and vent your feelings, 
hopefully you feel the same way as I do.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I have a few good memories from V2D, and It was somewhat a pleasure to see old dupes come back to life.
When the map change was discussed I was deeply hoping for Pines, and it was all great when it got chosen and launched.
When we suddenly had to revert to V2D, I was worried about RP interaction - I wouldn't expect it to be good on V2D.

However, now after I've have had the chance to play on it for a few weeks, I must say It's quite better than I expected.
RP interaction is actually fairly good, not as good as Pines, but I think It's more balanced now between PassiveRP and AggRP - which is quite good, even though I don't do a lot of AggRP myself. (I know a lot do, and they love it on V2D)

One thing I will always hate about the map is the shops in the city - and the infrastructure.
The four main shops with guaranteed RP interaction is located on Main Street, and all four of them is filled with some sort of shitty map prop(s) or counter which forces your build or RP into a very specific direction.
However, there is another street filled with available shops, they are lovely to build within but nobody is ever going to stop by - at least not from my experience.
You can get people to Cub/Flea though if you host an event etc., but all the other shops on that street is a pain in the ass to operate - no RP interaction at all.

Also, the infrastructure is very focused around the main street - which I don't really like because RP opportunities aren't great around it. (reason stated above)
That is what I somewhat liked about Pines, the city wasn't focused around a specific area, it was way more balanced..

Also as equal stated below, It's quite irritating that the map isn't connected. One road to UM, one road to industrial and one road to the lake.

[Image: uickTS0.png] +Rep
I honestly think the map is shit. Its small, enclosed and it easily gets cluttered with abandoned vehicles and you get dragged into gunfights when they occur whether you like it or not. I generally despise the entire Evocity idea of making tunnels to connect different parts of the city. One way to UM, one way to industrial, one way to city and one way to the rest of the map. It doesn't allow much room for alternate routes or proper police pursuits. Sure it boosts the FPS, but is it worth it? Not in my opinion.

The entire Corleone/Suburbs/Lake area is empty and bare, it's incredibly tacky and not very thought through. So much wasted space that could have gone towards buildings or just pretty much anything. The bar is absolutely useless, the third house doesn't even exist on the actual map and the lake is boring. Such a long drive for a tiny put-n-take lake with no room for any constructions.

Like Santaliz said, the stores around the Main Street are either cluttered with counters, shelves or are just made for ants. The Metro Cafe is absolutely and utterly useless, why would you make hardcoded tables for an RP map.

Now, I haven't played on Pines but I have played on every Evocity map ever made as well as a ton of Rockford variations, Paralake variations and even an unreleased version of TrueNorth. (Same creator as Rockford) and there are a ton of options out there that would offer a much more enjoyable roleplay experience as well as immersion. 

V2D is one of the oldest Evocity versions and it just feels like Downtown with a Plus package upgrade.

I would do anything for a map change, ton of servers have figured out ways of optimising their game mode for larger and more enjoyable maps, Fearless should too. I ain't no developer so these last few lines may be full of shit.

That's my two cents.

TL;DR V2D is shit.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 4 users Like equal's post:
  • Pollux, Spartan_KCT, Luna, Jeffrey
I do like V2d but I think the playerbase is tripping on nostalgia, the map definitely has alot of positives but ive played this map for years now and I do find it quite boring.
The following 3 users Like Forgee's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, ChoCho, Mr Churos
I must say I don't like V2d. The map and textures itself are old, the city doesn't look good and I hate the non-connecting tunnels. Like said before, the shops have got shitty map props which forces you to build or RP a certain way. There's as well way to little space to build in my opinion.

Although I must say the playercount is good, I still think player interaction is not good. If your shop is not on mainstreet you're going to get very few customers. So in my opinion, player interaction is not good.

To sum it up, I don't like to play on V2D because of the old map and textures and because of the limited possibilities.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

I do agree with Spartan,  V2D is an old map as we all know ,it's old and outdated,  it's hard for me to do Passive Roleplay so 80% of the time, I usually do nothing but watching others getting RPP 

but I'm happy to see that the players Who do aggressive roleplay are happy about V2D , yes it does displease 50% of us .
There's a few things that “triggers” me and one of them is that 80% of the time, there's hardly any stores open, usually just small stand at the BP Gas Station and I'm gonna be honest, it's f***ing crowded, you can't even store your f***ing rolls at the washing car thing, that place you store your cars to your inventory 
It's crowded because of small stands and it's hard to be honest 

Another one that bothers me a lot is the distance to the lake 
Usually criminals gangs,  rebels or Corleone hangs out at the car dealers around or the Corleone street
There's a 90% chance that you're gonna get hostage by them 
So that why I avoid the lake 

But the good thing about V2D is I get to make a lot of news reports for an future group I'm planning to have, v2D is a city with high crime rates, it's no secret, alot of players who does aggressive RP love V2D as there a few places to do contraband or illegal stuff 
So I get to make news report about crimes and how high the rate it is everyday 

And also watching admin sit happen Smile
But I also wish that Pines get fixed as soon as possible, it's been weeks since the announce said that Pines will be fixed after reports of players getting crash for no reasons 
We just have to wait patiently, I just hope it's done sooner or later  Smile
[Image: 1619639714462.png]
The following 1 user Likes Jessixa's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Loving V2D. Its the ideal map for FL and GMOD. Its a simple map of which is small and right for the playerbase size. Other maps are too big leading to no interaction. On V2D its hard not to interact with people which is exactly what we need.
I used to like v2d, but when there are actually 75 people on the server it feels overstocked.
In my opinion it also lacks the space for building properly. The only actual way of building is in map spawned buildings.
[Image: tI3ewKy.png]
In my opinion the player statistics speaks for itself, the server is regularly stacked and on the weekend you have to wait in queue to get in. As soon as you step into evocity you are greeted with LOTS of people and tons of player interaction. There is always something happening in the city.
Sure you argue that you don't like the server to be so stacked, however I am sure the majority disagrees, that is how a CITY is supposed to be. I am sure you have noticed the tremendous increase in FPS even though the server is full, yes indeed this is because of v2d. Simplicity is the key and as soon as a new player joins the game he is greeted with lots of player interaction and good performance. And all the content he needed he already downloaded and there is no need for hl2ep2. A great introduction and will sure improve the percentage of new logins that become regular players!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I can't really see Pines coming back tbh and I will be made up if it doesn't. Apart from Littletown it was honestly the worst map i've ever played on FL. Ever since v2d has came back numbers have been doing significantly better and its even bringing old faces back, I understand people saying its a boring map which is understandable as it has been around for a longtime. I'd be happy if v2d stays but v33x is still my favorite.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • god