BMD Cant farm weed
(07-09-2018, 08:02 AM)General Rickets Wrote: Like a P90 nerf.

Careful now, he gets very protective of the ripped off P90 add-on
(07-09-2018, 12:26 AM)Pollux Wrote: BMDs have never been allowed to do contraband and cannot base, the role was being massively misused in order to grow weed and self-supply seeds and pots. This update again will not affect anyone who didn't self-supply, it really seems like people are just annoyed they cannot easily self-supply themselves a ton of seeds and pots as they grow weed.

This topic really isn't up for debate as all it did is solve a major issue, this thread has pretty much been the same few people repeating a few opinions due to them being annoyed they cannot self-supply as easily.

BMDs have always been allowed to do base, there is no rule against this. This stops them self-supplying by not allowing them to grow weed at all which doesn't fix an issue.

Also, I really appreciate as do many people the huge amount of work you put towards the updates and trying to get the ball rolling on things but these small changes without consultation can add up to change the server drastically.
The following 2 users Like Bobby's post:
  • Huskii, jfd13
(07-09-2018, 09:39 AM)Bob Bobbington Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 12:26 AM)Pollux Wrote: BMDs have never been allowed to do contraband and cannot base, the role was being massively misused in order to grow weed and self-supply seeds and pots. This update again will not affect anyone who didn't self-supply, it really seems like people are just annoyed they cannot easily self-supply themselves a ton of seeds and pots as they grow weed.

This topic really isn't up for debate as all it did is solve a major issue, this thread has pretty much been the same few people repeating a few opinions due to them being annoyed they cannot self-supply as easily.

BMDs have always been allowed to do base, there is no rule against this. This stops them self-supplying by not allowing them to grow weed at all which doesn't fix an issue.

Also, I really appreciate as do many people the huge amount of work you put towards the updates and trying to get the ball rolling on things but these small changes without consultation can add up to change the server drastically.

Exactly this. The thought process for this removal wasn't very thorough.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

I guess it stops BMD’s from from selling as they just farm contra.
Although not the main aim of this thread, I'd also like to know why contraband has now been changed to having a 1/20 chance of exploding when stolen, and also why the amount of weed packets received have been reduced? Surely these two "updates" are major talking points in the community as it will effect many of us who use both of these said items, so why wasn't it discussed?

But, IMO BMD should be allowed to farm weed, it's logical. Shouldn't remove it without community discussion.

Just a note that your hard work to updates is appreciated, very much so, but the lack of community discussion is something of concern.
The following 8 users Like Mustang's post:
  • Bobby, Huskii, General Rickets, Grunt, jfd13, MasterNoda, Suarez, Hartree
Problem is Pollux keeps limiting RP based off of his interpretation of the rules, without consulting the community.

And then when you bring it up for discussion he throws it off with the “oh it’s the same people moaning about me”. Maybe if you did the right thing once in a while, people wouldn’t be calling you out.

Like stop committing intellectual property theft by claiming things are yours, or without giving credit to the original creators of the content that you add or use.
Might seem like a minor or non-issue to some people, but people work very hard to create things, and they should always be accredited for their work whenever it is used.
(07-10-2018, 11:56 AM)Mustang Wrote: Although not the main aim of this thread, I'd also like to know why contraband has now been changed to having a 1/20 chance of exploding when stolen, and also why the amount of weed packets received have been reduced? Surely these two "updates" are major talking points in the community as it will effect many of us who use both of these said items, so why wasn't it discussed?

But, IMO BMD should be allowed to farm weed, it's logical. Shouldn't remove it without community discussion.

Just a note that your hard work to updates is appreciated, very much so, but the lack of community discussion is something of concern.

I increased the amount weed gives prior to my update, the number was a bit too high so I decreased it a bit. You're still making more than pre-aggresive update with weed. These nerfs alongside a few exploit fixes were needed urgently due to some people making millions within a day. It was discussed as per protocol for developers, I can't add stuff without making a thread for it first. The only big change is the BMD one.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Grunt Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 08:02 AM)General Rickets Wrote: Like a P90 nerf.

Careful now, he gets very protective of the ripped off P90 add-on

It's a CS:S weapon like all the other guns in the game, I'm not a modeller and I see no reason for us making our own model for it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Care to explain why you removed my post about the p90 Pollux? Without any notice might I add.
(07-10-2018, 08:05 PM)Grunt Wrote: Care to explain why you removed my post about the p90 Pollux? Without any notice might I add.

Because he doesn't like it when people criticise him.

Especially when it involves intellectual property theft.
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Grunt, MasterNoda