Punishments
(06-11-2018, 01:12 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 12:28 PM)Reebs Wrote: As someone who’s been on both sides of the line I can confirm it’s dealt with on a case by case basis.

Back when I was Staff I used to take certain things into consideration such as experience on the server, previous record, so on so forth. The only thing there should be a standard length for is TOS in my opinion. Other than that it should all be dealt with on a case by case basis.

I somewhat disagree with using hours on the server as a base for punishment length, sure someone with 1000 hours should know not to teamkill, but with x amount of hours, you'll eventually slip up, and according to what you're saying, that should be game over

Hours is not what I was referring to by experience on the server though I understand what you’re saying. 

What I meant was more if they’d ever been in any similar situations where they just slipped up or whether they’re a malicious rule breaker.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
One thing I personally would like to point out though, is that while "hours and history are taken into consideration", this is not always the case in reality.

A prime example recently:
[Image: f19640e8a5aa84297075aa87f5834819.png]

This person has accumulated 12 bans, probably (estimation) within a timespan of below 300 hours. Was put on last chance after his 9th, no extension on his 10th. Then gets last chance banned on his 11th but no extension on his 12th. It all seems very inconsistent. There's a dozen more of these examples that have happened during and after my time of administrating.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Rebdogg
(06-11-2018, 12:28 PM)Reebs Wrote: As someone who’s been on both sides of the line I can confirm it’s dealt with on a case by case basis.

Back when I was Staff I used to take certain things into consideration such as experience on the server, previous record, so on so forth. The only thing there should be a standard length for is TOS in my opinion. Other than that it should all be dealt with on a case by case basis.

I somewhat disagree with using hours on the server as a base for punishment length, sure someone with 1000 hours should know not to teamkill, but with x amount of hours, you'll eventually slip up, and according to what you're saying, that should be game over

Reebs never mentioned hours though?

Experience and hours are two very different things, and I'd personally say that hours is more of a subcategory for experience. I've dealt with cases where people who typically PassiveRP slip up when they try agressiveRP, to which I usually give them a warning.
The following 5 users Like Random's post:
  • Reebs, CorieTheNub, MasterNoda, DVN, Joe Joe
(06-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Random Wrote:

Experience and hours are two very different things, and I'd personally say that hours is more of a subcategory for experience. I've dealt with cases where people who typically PassiveRP slip up when they try agressiveRP, to which I usually give them a warning.

Yeah, you shouldnt dictate a ban length on hours. Older players who have racked over 1000 back in 2013 join and they join back a little rusty with the rules, yes they should read the rules before connecting to the server after such a long time, but issuing a long ban because 'they should know better'. I feel bans should be a last resort kind of thing, talk to the player and see what the crack is before placing the judgement.
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • MasterNoda
(06-11-2018, 03:39 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:

Yeah, you shouldnt dictate a ban length on hours. Older players who have racked over 1000 back in 2013 join and they join back a little rusty with the rules, yes they should read the rules before connecting to the server after such a long time, but issuing a long ban because 'they should know better'. I feel bans should be a last resort kind of thing, talk to the player and see what the crack is before placing the judgement.

Plus I'm a little slow in the head so forgive me if I mass RDM and CDM.
(06-11-2018, 05:43 PM)The Killroy Wrote:

Well rules like that dont really change XD. Mass RDM/CDM has always been a striaght up bannable offence. I am on about small FearRP/FailRP breaks etc
(06-11-2018, 06:43 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 01:12 PM)Greed^ Wrote: I somewhat disagree with using hours on the server as a base for punishment length, sure someone with 1000 hours should know not to teamkill, but with x amount of hours, you'll eventually slip up, and according to what you're saying, that should be game over

Well rules like that dont really change XD. Mass RDM/CDM has always been a striaght up bannable offence. I am on about small FearRP/FailRP breaks etc

You saying its okay to ban the disabled for no reason?
(06-11-2018, 06:48 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Random Wrote: Reebs never mentioned hours though?

Oh That’s what you meant... I guess when you are in the sit you can express that you did not know you were doing any wrong
(06-11-2018, 07:02 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 03:39 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Yeah, you shouldnt dictate a ban length on hours. Older players who have racked over 1000 back in 2013 join and they join back a little rusty with the rules, yes they should read the rules before connecting to the server after such a long time, but issuing a long ban because 'they should know better'. I feel bans should be a last resort kind of thing, talk to the player and see what the crack is before placing the judgement.

Oh That’s what you meant... I guess when you are in the sit you can express that you did not know you were doing any wrong

"Its your responsibility to know the rules", they did it to Leon who is severely ultra-disabled and and they did it to my few disabled friends on here. Its very disrespectful and rude.
(06-11-2018, 07:05 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:02 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 05:43 PM)The Killroy Wrote: Plus I'm a little slow in the head so forgive me if I mass RDM and CDM.

"Its your responsibility to know the rules", they did it to Leon who is severely ultra-disabled and and they did it to my few disabled friends on here. Its very disrespectful and rude.

I think younger players shouldn’t be given harsh punishments. Like Willem said, he talks to them and suggests ways they can avoid breaking the rules. I started playing FL when I was 14ish. How I played the game then to how I play it now is completely different. Takes time to learn how to play.