Punishments
(06-11-2018, 10:19 AM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 10:03 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 03:43 PM)DVN Wrote: Damn that's cool man just throw around some completely false accusations around about the team just to put the cherry on top lmao.

Stop being so immature, if you have experienced corrupt conduct from a staff member just report it. Why spread complete rubbish that you know absolutely nothing about?

FL history clearly shows nothing comes out of AAs, only thing I see is if one staff member gets in trouble, the tight knit staff circle comes to the rescue

Unusually pretty much all the staff I've seen demoted haven't been reported by players either, just admins who the staff team decide shouldn't be staff anymore.

Though the most recent demotions (Brikaas and Generation) both happened due to players posting AA threads. Besides that the strike system also shows several warnings that have been handed out in the past on for example Jonas. 

While i do agree that it seems like people are trying to cover each others backs, I personally do not believe this is the case nowadays.

Besides that, there is also a clear description on what Admin Abuse actually is, and 6/10 times the reason for the AA is invalid.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • DVN
yes i have 4k hour and still ban me wow
The following 3 users Like User 19014's post:
  • juicyorange, Willem de Walrus, DVN
(06-11-2018, 11:11 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 03:43 PM)DVN Wrote: Damn that's cool man just throw around some completely false accusations around about the team just to put the cherry on top lmao.

Stop being so immature, if you have experienced corrupt conduct from a staff member just report it. Why spread complete rubbish that you know absolutely nothing about?

FL history clearly shows nothing comes out of AAs, only thing I see is if one staff member gets in trouble, the tight knit staff circle comes to the rescue

Unusually pretty much all the staff I've seen demoted haven't been reported by players either, just admins who the staff team decide shouldn't be staff anymore.

Though the most recent demotions (Brikaas and Generation) both happened due to players posting AA threads. Besides that the strike system also shows several warnings that have been handed out in the past on for example Jonas. 

While i do agree that it seems like people are trying to cover each others backs, I personally do not believe this is the case nowadays.

Besides that, there is also a clear description on what Admin Abuse actually is, and 6/10 times the reason for the AA is invalid.

Brikaas was on his way out, he was blatantly disrespecting and taking the piss out of the staff team and I personally alongside pretty much everyone on the server it seemed were pressuring SA's to do something. I don't know much about Generation (publicly atleast) but from what I've heard* most of the shit happened behind the scenes. Whether or not people want to admit it the staff originally consciously or subconsciously viewed getting a rank as a goal, just like levelling up in a game - after all that is what this is. The goal is to get a rank and then benefit from it until you get bored and put the game away.
(06-11-2018, 06:26 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 10:58 PM)Rebelz Wrote: All this because someone can’t take being called a name 3 times lmao.

What ahahahaha. That conversation was long ago. We are discussing something else now. Stop bringing up old news. Your post hasn’t really added to this thread but thanks for your effor tho

You’re telling me to stop bringing old news up when this thread is based on the same “old news”. Sorry mr superior.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
(06-11-2018, 11:11 AM)Yonno Wrote:

Those two are rare examples, they werent a part of the staff circle, look at previous cases, SA tend to step in when their friends are in trouble, and if they dont want to be obvious, they get soul to step in as a last resort
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Rebdogg, Yonno
(06-11-2018, 11:40 AM)Rebelz Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 06:26 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 10:58 PM)Rebelz Wrote: All this because someone can’t take being called a name 3 times lmao.

What ahahahaha. That conversation was long ago. We are discussing something else now. Stop bringing up old news. Your post hasn’t really added to this thread but thanks for your effor tho

You’re telling me to stop bringing old news up when this thread is based on the same “old news”. Sorry mr superior.

Read the title boss. This thread is about punishments. We discussed my case and now we have moved on
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Rebdogg
Thing is, you see this everywhere. My workshop foreman is an absolute belter. If someone below him does something wrong he will punish them. But when he does the same thing or worse he will find a way to push the blame or get out of trouble.
As someone who’s been on both sides of the line I can confirm it’s dealt with on a case by case basis.

Back when I was Staff I used to take certain things into consideration such as experience on the server, previous record, so on so forth. The only thing there should be a standard length for is TOS in my opinion. Other than that it should all be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 2 users Like Reebs's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Random
(06-11-2018, 12:28 PM)Reebs Wrote: As someone who’s been on both sides of the line I can confirm it’s dealt with on a case by case basis.

Back when I was Staff I used to take certain things into consideration such as experience on the server, previous record, so on so forth. The only thing there should be a standard length for is TOS in my opinion. Other than that it should all be dealt with on a case by case basis.

I agree with the TOS punishment. If you break the terms of service that’s worth a permanent ban.
(06-11-2018, 12:28 PM)Reebs Wrote: As someone who’s been on both sides of the line I can confirm it’s dealt with on a case by case basis.

I somewhat disagree with using hours on the server as a base for punishment length, sure someone with 1000 hours should know not to teamkill, but with x amount of hours, you'll eventually slip up, and according to what you're saying, that should be game over
The following 3 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Eeee394, Tomo, Pollux