Punishments
I believe there's a huge difference between intentional rulebreakage and a genuine mistake.
I personally always looked whether someone's rule breakage was intentional or not. Then I looked at their hours, history etc etc.

If it was a genuine mistake, I went easier on them, regardless of how experienced the player was. This moral way of administrating can only be considered fair and I assume that current staff also take this as their priority when deciding on a punishment.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 7 users Like Yonno's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Random, Baskingner, Pollux, Willem de Walrus, Weezy_, MasterNoda
(06-07-2018, 07:43 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 07:37 PM)Forgee Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 07:05 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 06:30 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:22 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: I think the problem is, this admin team is by far the most corrupt and biased team there has been on FL. Everyone sucks up to them. Admins perform favours to players. If a player is liked by an admin, they will issue a smaller punishment than to a player who they don’t see eye to eye with.

Admin’s will issue a player with a 24 hour ban for breaking an in game rule such as; not following an order under FearRP or prop killing. But when it comes to players disrespecting players there doesn’t really seem to be a justifiable punishment.

I regularly pop on Fearless to have a bit of fun, mellow out after work and just catch up with some online friends. I (using myself as an example) shouldn’t have to come on and be harassed and disrespected in such a way that I haven’t wanted to connect to the server. I am not homosexual so the insults did not offend me , but could have been very disrespectful towards other players who may have heard.

If you bully someone in school, you are suspended. Because bullying, harassment and being disrespectful is never  tolerated. Why should we have different standards? A 4 Hour OOC blacklist is all someone gets for homophobic harassment. I have played longer than 4 hours and not spoken to someone. Doesn’t really feel like a punishment, because they are still playing.

I feel players shouldn’t have to worry about other players being nasty in OOC. I shouldn’t have to come on and witness players being harassed. #longerpunishments4harassment

If this is such a big problem that you make it out to be, why don't you have any evidence to bring to the table?

These threads really annoy me, they have very little meaningful discussion to the table and don't inspire a resolution to the 'problem'. The only guaranteed outcome is it just encourages more whining.

Rarly someone does make a coherent argument that is reflective of the truth,  but it still doesn't lead to a grown up discussion. 

If you have a problem send a PM to the relevent people.

ok lol, remember when you blacklisted me for like a few hours for calling a person an "arsehole" when they broke fear rp, they didn't even get punished, they had like 200 hours. I had 700+ so I was blacklisted.

good unbiased decision!

Did you have evidence of the FearRP ? if so, you should have posted a PR. FearRP cannot be dealt with ingame unless the admin actually see's it.

i am unsure as to what he saw but clearly he did have a word with him about fear rp because he used that as his defense on my unblacklist request. finn requested evidence to be put forward to the "table" so i just provided him with some.
juicyorange, you only received an hour blacklist from OOC for calling somebody a 'cretin'. You had previous punishments for similar offences and a reputation for insulting and slandering other players.  There wasn't sufficient evidence to punish the other user for a fearRP violation, I hadn't witnessed it and you couldn't provide anything. But I did give them some advice as to what fearRP as they seemed unclear, a proactive attempt to curb any future punishments.  The other player, StackyChan had only accumulated 65 hours on fearless to this date, not the 200 that you quote. [Image: d4acb2cc451055cdd168b8ceacbd2a8c.png]
Feel free to re-read your denied UBLR - [url]https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=83453[/ur] - Your account of the truth has deviated from reality, reading it may help remind you. 

There was no staff bias here, you just continue to feel sorry for yourself.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Captain Barry
Stay on topic please
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Dimitris
(06-07-2018, 08:19 PM)Awestruck Wrote: A set of guidelines for something spewing endless possibilities is a guide for failure. You thought the rules were bad, this would be worse and I wouldn't expect anyone to ever follow it.

I don't see why this will be a failure.
When a teacher check tests they have an indicator as well.
I think there should be an indicator for the staff which will tell what is the maximum and minimum time for each punishment. for each rule breakage repetition, it will set a new maximum and minimum. In addition, admins should use their own judgment within the limits of the indicator.

I don't see why two equal players should have different punishment times for the same rule breakage because "admins decide that".
(06-08-2018, 09:25 PM)Legion Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 08:19 PM)Awestruck Wrote: A set of guidelines for something spewing endless possibilities is a guide for failure. You thought the rules were bad, this would be worse and I wouldn't expect anyone to ever follow it.

I think there should be an indicator for the staff which will tell what is the maximum and minimum time for each punishment. for each rule breakage repetition, it will set a new maximum and minimum. In addition, admins should use their own judgment within the limits of the indicator.

I don't see why two equal players should have different punishment times for the same rule breakage because "admins decide that".

Because every case is different and there’s different circumstances, common sense... Am I right?
(06-08-2018, 10:38 PM)Falc Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 09:25 PM)Legion Wrote:

Because every case is different and there’s different circumstances, common sense... Am I right?
Yes thats right but still there shold a limit.
Even in courthouse in real life almost every punishment have a beween time of punishment and the time inside the borders is decided by the judge in every case.
There should be an indicator which will reduce Admin Abuse of deciding the length of ban and help them decide the length.
Anyway I dont see why this is bad for the community, you can always try something new.
Overview is defenitly needed and a change in approach when should you really punish the person.
Ban should always be the last resort.

Dont forget it is only a game and everyone doing a mistake sometimes, even admins.
(06-08-2018, 09:41 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: No corruption in the admin team? Wasn’t there a case the other month when a staff members allowed players to vote on a ban length of a player? 

You're only hearing one side of that story. Here's the other side.

Yes, a staff member did mention have a vote on someone's punishment. I agree that this wasn't a good idea. However, that vote actually had no influence on the player's ban which nobody seems to mention. The staff member brought up a conversation with other staff before coming to the conclusion of issuing a lengthy ban.
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 2 users Like James's post:
  • Random, Ethan Bradberry
(06-09-2018, 09:29 AM)James Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 09:41 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: No corruption in the admin team? Wasn’t there a case the other month when a staff members allowed players to vote on a ban length of a player? 

You're only hearing one side of that story. Here's the other side.

Yes, a staff member did mention have a vote on someone's punishment. I agree that this wasn't a good idea. However, that vote actually had no influence on the player's ban which nobody seems to mention. The staff member brought up a conversation with other staff before coming to the conclusion of issuing a lengthy ban.
Only the fact that he thought of it shows the maturity of that certain staff member. The fact that it didn't happen just shows that on the staff team there are some people with a working brain that's all.
As someone who have been here a long time, I am going to say that the current staff team isn't that corrupt, just a few individuals, however a lot are bias.
The following 3 users Like Foxirius2205's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Weezy_, Lewwings
(06-09-2018, 10:14 AM)[FL] Depression Wrote: As someone who have been here a long time, I am going to say that the current staff team isn't that corrupt, just a few individuals, however a lot are bias.

Not saying the whole team is corrupt. I like a fair few admins. But there are some individuals like you said.