Punishments
(06-07-2018, 06:30 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:22 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: I think the problem is, this admin team is by far the most corrupt and biased team there has been on FL. Everyone sucks up to them. Admins perform favours to players. If a player is liked by an admin, they will issue a smaller punishment than to a player who they don’t see eye to eye with.

Admin’s will issue a player with a 24 hour ban for breaking an in game rule such as; not following an order under FearRP or prop killing. But when it comes to players disrespecting players there doesn’t really seem to be a justifiable punishment.

I regularly pop on Fearless to have a bit of fun, mellow out after work and just catch up with some online friends. I (using myself as an example) shouldn’t have to come on and be harassed and disrespected in such a way that I haven’t wanted to connect to the server. I am not homosexual so the insults did not offend me , but could have been very disrespectful towards other players who may have heard.

If you bully someone in school, you are suspended. Because bullying, harassment and being disrespectful is never  tolerated. Why should we have different standards? A 4 Hour OOC blacklist is all someone gets for homophobic harassment. I have played longer than 4 hours and not spoken to someone. Doesn’t really feel like a punishment, because they are still playing.

I feel players shouldn’t have to worry about other players being nasty in OOC. I shouldn’t have to come on and witness players being harassed. #longerpunishments4harassment

If this is such a big problem that you make it out to be, why don't you have any evidence to bring to the table?

These threads really annoy me, they have very little meaningful discussion to the table and don't inspire a resolution to the 'problem'. The only guaranteed outcome is it just encourages more whining.

Rarly someone does make a coherent argument that is reflective of the truth,  but it still doesn't lead to a grown up discussion. 

If you have a problem send a PM to the relevent people.

ok lol, remember when you blacklisted me for like a few hours for calling a person an "arsehole" when they broke fear rp, they didn't even get punished, they had like 200 hours. I had 700+ so I was blacklisted.

good unbiased decision!
The following 2 users Like juicyorange's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Grunt
(06-07-2018, 07:05 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:22 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: I think the problem is, this admin team is by far the most corrupt and biased team there has been on FL. Everyone sucks up to them. Admins perform favours to players. If a player is liked by an admin, they will issue a smaller punishment than to a player who they don’t see eye to eye with.

Admin’s will issue a player with a 24 hour ban for breaking an in game rule such as; not following an order under FearRP or prop killing. But when it comes to players disrespecting players there doesn’t really seem to be a justifiable punishment.

I regularly pop on Fearless to have a bit of fun, mellow out after work and just catch up with some online friends. I (using myself as an example) shouldn’t have to come on and be harassed and disrespected in such a way that I haven’t wanted to connect to the server. I am not homosexual so the insults did not offend me , but could have been very disrespectful towards other players who may have heard.

If you bully someone in school, you are suspended. Because bullying, harassment and being disrespectful is never  tolerated. Why should we have different standards? A 4 Hour OOC blacklist is all someone gets for homophobic harassment. I have played longer than 4 hours and not spoken to someone. Doesn’t really feel like a punishment, because they are still playing.

I feel players shouldn’t have to worry about other players being nasty in OOC. I shouldn’t have to come on and witness players being harassed. #longerpunishments4harassment

If this is such a big problem that you make it out to be, why don't you have any evidence to bring to the table?

These threads really annoy me, they have very little meaningful discussion to the table and don't inspire a resolution to the 'problem'. The only guaranteed outcome is it just encourages more whining.

Rarly someone does make a coherent argument that is reflective of the truth,  but it still doesn't lead to a grown up discussion. 

ok lol, remember when you blacklisted me for like a few hours for calling a person an "arsehole" when they broke fear rp, they didn't even get punished, they had like 200 hours. I had 700+ so I was blacklisted.

good unbiased decision!

Did you have evidence of the FearRP ? if so, you should have posted a PR. FearRP cannot be dealt with ingame unless the admin actually see's it.
(06-07-2018, 07:37 PM)Forgee Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 07:05 PM)juicyorange Wrote:

good unbiased decision!

Did you have evidence of the FearRP ? if so, you should have posted a PR. FearRP cannot be dealt with ingame unless the admin actually see's it.

i am unsure as to what he saw but clearly he did have a word with him about fear rp because he used that as his defense on my unblacklist request. finn requested evidence to be put forward to the "table" so i just provided him with some.
Punishments should be universal, be the same for everyone, with newcomers receiving a 'discount' due to being new rather then old timers receiving a harsher punishments. If you play enough on the server youll be bound to slip up every once and a while and it has to suck to be banned for 2 months because 'you should have known better'.

That being said, there is a lot of hate in this thread that doesnt really bring 'anything to the table' but complaints and unsupported critique. Its good that people are wary for biasness and asslicking but this thread is just a little too much. If you drown people in negative feedback theyll eventually become used to it and ignore the feedback completely.

They said they would use the unofficial poll, lets just give them some time and wait with complaining. Changes dont happen overnight.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Awestruck
The main problem here (I think) is that there are no such margins in place that guide the staff on how to punish the person. Most of the time, they use their discretion to do so. Do I agree with admins using their own discretion? That's another conversation. Someone could make a suggestion proposing the introduction of guidelines for staff on how to punish people.
(06-07-2018, 08:00 PM)NJperry Wrote: The main problem here (I think) is that there are no such margins in place that guide the staff on how to punish the person. Most of the time, they use their discretion to do so. Do I agree with admins using their own discretion? That's another conversation. Someone could make a suggestion proposing the introduction of guidelines for staff on how to punish people.

Guidelines to punish? Don’t be ridiculous.

Case to case basis, if a staff member feels the punishment given is correct, then it’s correct unless evidence provided or a Supervisingn Administrator deems it not, always been like this and should remain this way.
The following 3 users Like Falc's post:
  • Random, Joe Joe, Spartan_KCT
(06-07-2018, 08:05 PM)Falc Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 08:00 PM)NJperry Wrote: The main problem here (I think) is that there are no such margins in place that guide the staff on how to punish the person. Most of the time, they use their discretion to do so. Do I agree with admins using their own discretion? That's another conversation. Someone could make a suggestion proposing the introduction of guidelines for staff on how to punish people.

Guidelines to punish? Don’t be ridiculous.

Case to case basis, if a staff member feels the punishment given is correct, then it’s correct unless evidence provided or a Supervisingn Administrator deems it not, always been like this and should remain this way.

How else are we supposed to avoid major discrepancies between one punishment and another? I didn't actually say that's what I wanted in place but in my eyes, if people want the punishments to be equal then that's how it would be accomplished.
A set of guidelines for something spewing endless possibilities is a guide for failure. You thought the rules were bad, this would be worse and I wouldn't expect anyone to ever follow it.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 3 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Joe Joe, Captain Barry, Wolven
Punishments are deemed differently by every staff member. Imagine if every single ban was to be discussed by 2 or more administrators, that would be ridiculous. It is not that each case is different, because they can be similar. It's that each staff member is different, we do not share the same opinions on certain things.

When punishments are handed out, we (well, at least I) take everything into consideration, bans, blacklists, hours... And so on... Which usually leads to different ban lengths.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Joe Joe
I see no problem with current Punishments. You be lenient with those who are new and inexperienced as they are unable to know all the rules in 5 hours, punish those who should know better. Loyalty shouldn't even play in the situation; and the corruption card is off the table. The staff punish how we see fit and dependant on the situation and players with a lot of hours should know the rules good enough, if it was clearly a mistake and a minor one maybe the staff member will kindly not punish you however when blatant rules are broken and the player has plenty of hours a 'slap on the wrist' doesn't really teach them anything. Sometimes you must be cruel to be kind and even though I am not the biggest fan of bans as for new players especially it doesn't really work they need to be taught. Educate them and hope the situation doesn't re-occur. Its not corruption, its just what we all deem fit.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Laurinwookie