Community Feedback
(01-02-2018, 05:48 PM)TheMJ Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:24 PM)Envy Wrote: I was honest as I could be but I really expressed my feelings on the teacher page proving how worthless the rank actually is.

If it’s okay, could you drop me a PM with your reasons. I understand the survey is anonymous and if you don’t want to it’s fine. Being a teacher myself I would like to hear what people think of the team and it’s problems.

All you have to do is ask a question in ooc and i am sure you will receive instant help from all the wannabe teachers.
From my past experience with using the teacher command can take a few mins for an answer (FROM EXPERIENCE) when I can just ask the same question in OOC and literally receive an answer before I've even sent it.

EDIT: Even in the Help & Support section there is still just enough members helping out as teachers, Its just pointless in my opinion and not only that lets be honest the servers is just full of complete ass licks just playing to earn a rank. Always been a problem in FL full of brown noses.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 2 users Like Envy's post:
  • Raccoon, Random
(01-02-2018, 05:58 PM)Envy Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:24 PM)Envy Wrote: I was honest as I could be but I really expressed my feelings on the teacher page proving how worthless the rank actually is.

If it’s okay, could you drop me a PM with your reasons. I understand the survey is anonymous and if you don’t want to it’s fine. Being a teacher myself I would like to hear what people think of the team and it’s problems.

All you have to do is ask a question in ooc and i am sure you will receive instant help from all the wannabe teachers.
From my past experience with using the teacher command can take a few mins for an answer (FROM EXPERIENCE) when I can just ask the same question in OOC and literally receive an answer before I've even sent it

As a Teacher, I like to give the best possible answer to your question, and so rather than quickly replying with 'Download the addons' or 'Contact an admin' in OOC, The Teacher Team and I like to make sure our answers are in depth, and we do that by asking fellow teachers what they feel so that we can give a  99% positive answer. As for the 'Teacher Wannabes' in OOC, if there was no teacher rank that you call worthless, than those 'teacher wannabes' wouldn't exist and help out in OOC when we are unable. We are more than happy to provide a response to your questions when you use OOC or /help, however  in order to get the right knowledge, sometimes we have to ask fellow teachers or an administrator for their view on the question. Hope this helped Smile
(01-02-2018, 06:03 PM)Create Wrote:

From my past experience with using the teacher command can take a few mins for an answer (FROM EXPERIENCE) when I can just ask the same question in OOC and literally receive an answer before I've even sent it

As a Teacher, I like to give the best possible answer to your question, and so rather than quickly replying with 'Download the addons' or 'Contact an admin' in OOC, The Teacher Team and I like to make sure our answers are in depth, and we do that by asking fellow teachers what they feel so that we can give a  99% positive answer. As for the 'Teacher Wannabes' in OOC, if there was no teacher rank that you call worthless, than those 'teacher wannabes' wouldn't exist and help out in OOC when we are unable. We are more than happy to provide a response to your questions when you use OOC or /help, however  in order to get the right knowledge, sometimes we have to ask fellow teachers or an administrator for their view on the question. Hope this helped Smile

In my opinion, I still think after reading your input that its still worthless. I've seen plenty of times people receive in-depth help in OOC and Teacher Wannabees shouldn't even be a thing because there shouldn't be a rank based around helping people when its something most people should just do anyways.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

From my past experience with using the teacher command can take a few mins for an answer (FROM EXPERIENCE) when I can just ask the same question in OOC and literally receive an answer before I've even sent it.

EDIT: Even in the Help & Support section there is still just enough members helping out as teachers, Its just pointless in my opinion and not only that lets be honest the servers is just full of complete ass licks just playing to earn a rank. Always been a problem in FL full of brown noses.

They do nothing that another donator or player cannot do. Envy sums my opinion up perfectly, its nothing more than a pedestal for people use their rank as a high horse. They do NOTHING that a normal player cannot do which exempts them from being better than others yet they still wish for a rank to validate themselves in the community. If a player truly wanted to just help people they wouldn't care about a rank they would just crack on doing what they do best.

Not meant to be disrespectful in any means, teachers do a good job don't get me wrong however, if a rank matters that much then they are doing it for the wrong reasons.

It shouldn't make a difference. I was there during the creation and implementation of the teacher program and to this day hold the same opinion.

The following 2 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Envy, Random
(01-02-2018, 06:03 PM)Create Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:24 PM)Envy Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Why do you need a rank to do this?

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Falc
(01-02-2018, 06:09 PM)General Rickets Wrote:

They do nothing that another donator or player cannot do. Envy sums my opinion up perfectly, its nothing more than a pedestal for people use their rank as a high horse. They do NOTHING that a normal player cannot do which exempts them from being better than others yet they still wish for a rank to validate themselves in the community. If a player truly wanted to just help people they wouldn't care about a rank they would just crack on doing what they do best.

Not meant to be disrespectful in any means, teachers do a good job don't get me wrong however, if a rank matters that much then they are doing it for the wrong reasons.

It shouldn't make a difference. I was there during the creation and implementation of the teacher program and to this day hold the same opinion.

Sorry just boarding my opinion on this, although I like the teacher team the rank is really useless. If you really do enjoy helping people in-game etc do it in your own time and don't expect a rank simply because of this factor.

PS. Whenever I did accuatly use /help I was quicked for trolling so I mean the rank is litreally useless and makes no difference to the server apart from a rank where it proves that people have played for longer than another player and licked as much ass as another player
The following 1 user Likes JoshZ's post:
  • Envy
Well now we can express our opinions and actually just actually maybe they might listen this time!

Seen a question that said what is your opinion on teacher. Lets be honest staff say all the time "its not a walkway to the staff team" but lets face it, it really is.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 2 users Like Jordy's post:
  • Envy, Archer
(01-02-2018, 06:17 PM)Jord Wrote: Well now we can express our opinions and actually just actually maybe they might listen this time!

Seen a question that said what is your opinion on teacher. Lets be honest staff say all the time "its not a walkway to the staff team" but lets face it, it really is.

Anyone who disagrees with this is delusional
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Archer
Teacher role is more or less a rolemodel rank, when FL had a split, I applied for the teacher rank simply to notify them that I still play Fearless, and would be the rolemodel for the future players for Fearless, since the community was unstable at that moment.
Right now the teacher rank is just a rolemodel rank and a certification that you are able to roleplay and you are expected to follow the rules thoroughly.
The following 1 user Likes Viljo's post:
  • Lewwings
Please take this to pm, you have been warned. As stated a summary will be revealed to the community at the end of the month.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]