Contrafarming is Getting Worse.
(01-05-2012, 09:22 PM)NiT GriT Wrote: You expect people to not contrawhore when 90 percent of the people on the server has done just that? Yeah its easy for you to say when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars of worth on you character. But most of these people are new players, what do you expect when they see people driving around in lamborghinis and BMWs, have tons of expensive guns, kevlar, etc? They can't have those things too? And this is coming from someone that has over 2 million worth and has done a LOT of contrawhoring to get there. In a community where most people raid randomly what do you expect them to do just leave and come back to find they got randomly raided? Bullshit.

If the obvious contra-farming gets out of hand IE: Multiple large bases with armed men on them yelling to people to go away then their going to be a target of the D.E.A

Its one thing if a large group is contra-farming but theyve disguised their farm as say....a factory, or some kind of plant, and are RPing it, and maybe even letting the governemnt in to inspect it from time to time to help keep the coverup going, and they are NOT just on the walls all the time armed to the teeth in plain sight yelling and shooting at people who dont get away from their walls.

I dont have anything against contra-farming "I myself have done it alot in the past" but when the farming for money starts to quite literaly kill off the RP on the server, thats when I have a problem.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • StillAlive, Dubwub
(01-06-2012, 01:02 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 09:22 PM)NiT GriT Wrote: You expect people to not contrawhore when 90 percent of the people on the server has done just that? Yeah its easy for you to say when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars of worth on you character. But most of these people are new players, what do you expect when they see people driving around in lamborghinis and BMWs, have tons of expensive guns, kevlar, etc? They can't have those things too? And this is coming from someone that has over 2 million worth and has done a LOT of contrawhoring to get there. In a community where most people raid randomly what do you expect them to do just leave and come back to find they got randomly raided? Bullshit.

If the obvious contra-farming gets out of hand IE: Multiple large bases with armed men on them yelling to people to go away then their going to be a target of the D.E.A

Its one thing if a large group is contra-farming but theyve disguised their farm as say....a factory, or some kind of plant, and are RPing it, and maybe even letting the governemnt in to inspect it from time to time to help keep the coverup going, and they are NOT just on the walls all the time armed to the teeth in plain sight yelling and shooting at people who dont get away from their walls.

I dont have anything against contra-farming "I myself have done it alot in the past" but when the farming for money starts to quite literaly kill off the RP on the server, thats when I have a problem.

Cops are greedy bastards. I've never seen a cop roleplay inspecting a base properly. The minute you open your door to them they sprint around the base looking for contraband. So allowing the government to inspect your base is impossible.

(01-05-2012, 09:09 PM)Faustie Wrote: Dude don't you remember the primary school song?

Always trust a man..
In a big white van.

I have no idea what primary school you went to but they never taught me that song..
(01-06-2012, 01:02 AM)BlackDog Wrote:

No I get that, but I see Joey constantly picking on new players about contrawhoring when he and everyone else he runs around with has plenty of cash, suits, weapons, cars etc. That's my point. Not the ones armed with AK's that have a decent amount of hours on the server. But also, like Strom and I have said. It's the general FLRP community that causes people to become so defensive and threaten anyone that comes near. Random raids, from both police and SS, and every other job are the cause. It's failure to roleplay on not just the contrawhores part, but everyone elses as well.

Now not everyone is like this, hell even Joey has left people alone when they roleplayed out that they weren't doing anything suspicious when he still new they had contra and that's great. But most people on the server aren't like that. People who support this thread and what Joey is saying need to blame it on lack of roleplay, not contrawhoring.
[Image: A84D6872482230012AC938B859F16818C5D3AB42]

Ohhhhh.... Whats that sound? That sounds that all around you.....
How about the black market dealer would sell you some specific type of paper to print the money with, and you would need one piece of the paper to fill 1 slot out of the 5. One paper's base price would be 250$, and you would get 500$ back from the printer, therefore the profit would be the same, except you would have to occasionally drive to the BMD to buy some paper. This would also enable for some cool spying action. Cheese
(01-19-2012, 11:35 AM)DNB Wrote: How about the black market dealer would sell you some specific type of paper to print the money with, and you would need one piece of the paper to fill 1 slot out of the 5. One paper's base price would be 250$, and you would get 500$ back from the printer, therefore the profit would be the same, except you would have to occasionally drive to the BMD to buy some paper. This would also enable for some cool spying action. Cheese

There's an idea