Poll: What map?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Evocity v5p
55.91%
104 55.91%
Chaos City
10.75%
20 10.75%
Rockford
8.06%
15 8.06%
Remove littletown and keep V4B1
12.37%
23 12.37%
No map change at all
2.15%
4 2.15%
Bring back v2d
10.75%
20 10.75%
Total 186 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Littletown Replacement
I don't really think that V5P will lose the lead.
I've been playing on FLRP servers since 2013, probably most people doesn't know me as I have been inactive for long periods.

In the old days we had two maps: v33x which is basically the same as v4b1 and v2p which is very similar to v5p. I started playing in v2p but soon joined v33x as there were no players in v2p. It got removed and replaced with v2d.
V2P and v5p are good maps but I see no reason why should v4b1 be replaced with v5p. Then people liked the v33x much more than v2p. According to the poll results players now prefer v5p instead of the v4b1. I think that those players who remember the old times would not choose to replace v4b1 with v5p. V4b1 fits the concept of CityRP, also there are lake and grassy field which I find quite neccessary.

Quote:MasterNoda: V5p is a mistake. V2p never worked out, this won't either.

So I think that the best choice is to replace littletown with v5p and keep v4b1. Changing to v5p is only worth it if v4b1 remains. I think the only reason why v4b1 should be replaced now is that it's getting boring on the same map for so long time. In my opinion the worst thing to do is to bring back v2d.

It's just my personal opinion :)
Just stay with the principles and guidelines with this and wait it out instead of juggling with guidelines/routines/principles that happens far too frequently on FL. Obviously put in place for a reason in the beginning.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 3 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Link, Reebs, Pear
Sounds great.

Aegean
Kind Regards,
AegeanGR

[img][Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:142201893&b=7][/img]
I think we should replace Littletown with V5P.

That way we have a V4B1 server and a V5P server. Let both servers run for about a month and then decide which one is most popular. Then we'll remove the unpopular map and have 1 roleplay server. If both servers would be filled, which I doubt, we would keep them both.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Haarek
(06-16-2017, 02:54 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think we should replace Littletown with V5P.

That way we have a V4B1 server and a V5P server. Let both servers run for about a month and then decide which one is most popular. Then we'll remove the unpopular map and have 1 roleplay server. If both servers would be filled, which I doubt, we would keep them both.

That wouldn't give them a fair chance, Soul.

V5P wouldn't be used because people don't have dupes etc so if both are up they'll use the server where everything is laid out to crack on roleplaying or doing what they're doing. As well as people will join the server with more players if it came to it, killing one of the others unfairly.

As well as this, it would massively divide the community for a month if they are about 50/50, this meaning we'd have 25-30 players on either server and then with that amount it really limits what you can actually do roleplay wise.

If this is how you want to do it, remove V4B1 for a month and used v5p, after a month gather opinions on a poll again between just the two servers above, winner stays.

Failing all the above, we stick to what the community has voted and get on with it, if it doesn't work there's other options.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Envy, Link
(06-16-2017, 02:58 PM)Falc Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 02:54 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: -snip-

That wouldn't give them a fair chance, Soul.

V5P wouldn't be used because people don't have dupes etc so if both are up they'll use the server where everything is laid out to crack on roleplaying or doing what they're doing. As well as people will join the server with more players if it came to it, killing one of the others unfairly.

As well as this, it would massively divide the community for a month if they are about 50/50, this meaning we'd have 25-30 players on either server and then with that amount it really limits what you can actually do roleplay wise.

If this is how you want to do it, remove V4B1 for a month and used v5p, after a month gather opinions on a poll again between just the two servers above, winner stays.

Failing all the above, we stick to what the community has voted and get on with it, if it doesn't work there's other options.

Exactly this.

V5P's true potential will be only be shown properly with a full map.
I personally believe we should just put V5P up for testing and have V4B1 be replaced by it, while (temporarily) shutting down LittleTown. This forces players to get on V5P, and actually give it a chance.

After the trial period, or perhaps during, we can keep up a discussion thread with a poll to let the community speak their minds and opinion on the map. Perhaps there's something that can be improved, perhaps someone knows a better alternative.

I will remain by the fact that we will need to give the map a chance and (so to speak) force the community to give it a chance, so that even the people that are against the map change see the positive and negative aspects of the map and argumentate for or against the map from a different point of view.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
In my opinion, both maps are an option. We should run one server only, and run V5P for a month. After this we will have another community vote and see which map is liked the most, then we can revert to V4B1 or stay with V5P. This way there is not the chance of the cursed un-populated second server, and both maps get a chance.
The following 7 users Like Mustang's post:
  • Dauntless, Reebs, Cox, Idea, chopchop1614, Envy, Prosto
So was that this hard?
Discussing in other Threads and saying this won't happen? Tounge
Finally we can choose what we want, not what the Staff thinks is best, so the second server dies in just a few days after launching. ^^
Could we have the possibility to switch the map on build server to v5p, with the map change command, before the official map release. That way people can get dupes ready etc.

Quote:That way we have a V4B1 server and a V5P server. Let both servers run for about a month and then decide which one is most popular. Then we'll remove the unpopular map and have 1 roleplay server. If both servers would be filled, which I doubt, we would keep them both.

Let the map run for a bit longer than a month. Map change took time when v33x was introduced. v2d was still the main server with most players, but then it switched over time and v33x was the more popular one.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]