The fine line in FearRP
exactly what this tasty thread needed 
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Envy
(04-28-2017, 01:10 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 09:48 AM)Floodify Wrote: -snip-

What you say is irrelevant flood, let me refer u to what a user posted earlier in this thread:

"If a person has their weapon lowered, Fear RP cannot be triggered, for the weapon is ready to be used, and the time that it takes to aim and shoot, is less than a second; much faster than if you were to take it out from your holster, meaning that you could outshoot your oponent, therefore Hitman hasn't broken any rules, having provided evidence that supports his story of not metagaming." - Holdem 2016

Source: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid564476

That is an interpretation though, and the rules clearly state pointing. When it is being lowered it is not pointing - the rule itself regarding that is not unclear. Do you truly find my point to be irrelevant when I'm only forwarding the very definition of the rule? I would be sympathetic with various interpretation had it not say pointing and was motivated using other rules that the situation in the context was/wasn't failRP, but the rule is clear in this case.

I hardly would say my point is irrelevant, Greed, as what you provided is a mere interpretation whilst the rule itself is self explanatory, truthfully. The very keyword is established and ought to be followed; whilst it may seem unrealistic, it is the way it is formed in the rules and as such is not up for interpretation using other rules as a means of making it illegitimate in any current or past cases.

I am not, however, saying this rule is not a subject of change.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
(04-28-2017, 01:45 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 01:10 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 09:48 AM)Floodify Wrote: -snip-

What you say is irrelevant flood, let me refer u to what a user posted earlier in this thread:

"If a person has their weapon lowered, Fear RP cannot be triggered, for the weapon is ready to be used, and the time that it takes to aim and shoot, is less than a second; much faster than if you were to take it out from your holster, meaning that you could outshoot your oponent, therefore Hitman hasn't broken any rules, having provided evidence that supports his story of not metagaming." - Holdem 2016

Source: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid564476

That is an interpretation though, and the rules clearly state pointing. When it is being lowered it is not pointing - the rule itself regarding that is not unclear. Do you truly find my point to be irrelevant when I'm only forwarding the very definition of the rule? I would be sympathetic with various interpretation had it not say pointing and was motivated using other rules that the situation in the context was/wasn't failRP, but the rule is clear in this case.

I hardly would say my point is irrelevant, Greed, as what you provided is a mere interpretation whilst the rule itself is self explanatory, truthfully. The very keyword is established and ought to be followed; whilst it may seem unrealistic, it is the way it is formed in the rules and as such is not up for interpretation using other rules as a means of making it illegitimate in any current or past cases.

I am not, however, saying this rule is not a subject of change.

Okay so ur basically saying u twist the rules in AA cases where seen fit... no surprise there
stable team xD
(04-28-2017, 08:23 AM)Spear Wrote: I can give you two examples as to why you can still be placed under fearRP when holding a lowered weapon. I'll use a security guard as the first example. One very good example I got from Floodify.

This security guard is standing with his lowered weapon guarding nexus/a store/a base/whatever. Does this mean he has put himself and the area in a safe zone? No, of course you'll still be able to point your weapon at this security guard and get him under fearRP.

The second example will be another situation. The police are detaining a suspect, having him handcuffed beside the road. All these cops are having their weapons lowered around the area. Now the suspects fellow rebel witnessed this situation from a distance and decides to get a cop under gunpoint in order to make them release the suspect and leave the area. Will you not be able to put any of these cops under fearRP due to them having lowered weapons?

You can not put yourself in a "safemode" by having your weapon lowered. Players will still be able to get you under fearRP.

Exactly. A lowered weapon is not cause for FearRP. It needs to be pointed at the player.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The point I want to get across, and my personal opinion, is that you would not point your gun at someone who already has their weapon out and lowered. If you were to come up behind them, you of course would have the advantage. In relation to that case on Finn, from Finn's point of view, FEASTY only took out his weapon whilst Finn had his gun out and lowered.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
Timing is key to considering fearrp

If you can't pivot 180 degrees with your gun on SAFETY, I'd say fearrp.

If your gun is HOLSTERED (in inventory) then fearrp applies.

If your gun is on safety but the offender is in immediate site, fearrp does not apply