The fine line in FearRP
First of all, if you don't know already I'd like to direct you to the threat that started this thought in my head, something to discuss with you all.

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=79995

Before I start, I'd like to clarify that I believe the ending 'punishment' given was fair and I can agree with what's been said totally.

The issue for me is that rule is totally unrealistic. I don't want to be that guy to start shotting quotes into this, but this is a better perspective on holstering a weapon.

[Image: 652120c346f34349a6254d1911a022df.png]

That being said, having the gun, as we currently call 'holstered' just isn't realistic nor is it actually holstered, the weapon is placed in a safe stance but definitely still drawn where people can clearly see the weapon.

Not to mention, in reality it would take a second (if that) to aim the weapon towards a target, and a natural reaction for anyone who is trained in firearm use if the target poses a threat. I don't think you would see a heavily armed firearms officer just place his weapon down.

I understand this is semi-serious, but this is more common sense to me and I'd like to see if we could get some more rules added/edited to remove that fine line we have with FearRP at the moment.

Any thoughts? Leave them below to discuss Smile
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, Dragnort_
I believe that when you have your weapon "lowered" or "holstered" as we call it here I guess.. it should still be considered as having your weapon out. Just like DVN said, it would only take a split second for an officer to actually raise his weapon, and the weapon is basically present already, so I don't see the problem there.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, LordOfMemory
Im pretty sure it has always been considered fearrp until we got this dodgy staff team
The following 3 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Ratatoskrr, Marty, Archer
To be fair, the rules are in black and white. Stick to em!

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ratatoskrr's post:
  • Random
In my personal opinion, having the weapon out and down (not aimed) means you cannot be placed under fearRP - Unless of course a group of armed men give your orders, then you should know that you are fearing for your life and cannot fight your way out of it, that's when I put my gun down and follow them.
I feel as if having your gun out should always be considered that you cannot be placed under fearRP by another individual with a gun, especially from a cop/SRU point when they are highly trained and are able to react quickly.
The following 3 users Like Mustang's post:
  • DVN, RIC0H, Iraqi Eagle
Having a weapon lowered does not initiate FearRP. Like our rules clearly states, the weapon has to be pointed.

In this player report the accused player had his weapon lowered while being gunpointed, yet rose his weapons in order to kill. Therefore he did in fact break some of these rules (below) and got punished for it. To be fair, we do have many rules and it doesn't surprise me how some players doesn't understand/remember them all.

Spoiler :
2.1 You must follow FearRP. Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.
2.1a You cannot attack a person who has a gun (or stun gun) pointed at you.
2.1b You cannot draw a weapon when someone has you at gunpoint or in striking distance of a melee weapon.
2.1c You cannot run away from someone when they have you at gunpoint.

The following 2 users Like Spear's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, Random
But please explain me this then?

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69094

Because it seems like even the staff team is stugling with this rule. As far as I know, the statement from the post above, has been the line for fear rp, but what you're stating here is totally different.
The following 1 user Likes Eeee394's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
Don't you think that seems a tad unrealistic and unfair? If an SRU officer was to have his M4 out, in a safe stance I'm still able to draw a weapon and kill him? I would naturally fear someone who was targeting me with a gun ready to be fired, rather than having the chance to totally draw a large firearm to fight back.

It just causes issues if I'm honest, people are stuck in two minds about it that's all. To me it just doesn't make sense, how you ca place someone under FearRP holding a firearm in a passive stance after you pull out a large firearm from having nothing out.
The rules worked well since fearless started why question them now.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Spear
I can give you two examples as to why you can still be placed under fearRP when holding a lowered weapon. I'll use a security guard as the first example. One very good example I got from Floodify.

This security guard is standing with his lowered weapon guarding nexus/a store/a base/whatever. Does this mean he has put himself and the area in a safe zone? No, of course you'll still be able to point your weapon at this security guard and get him under fearRP.

The second example will be another situation. The police are detaining a suspect, having him handcuffed beside the road. All these cops are having their weapons lowered around the area. Now the suspects fellow rebel witnessed this situation from a distance and decides to get a cop under gunpoint in order to make them release the suspect and leave the area. Will you not be able to put any of these cops under fearRP due to them having lowered weapons?

You can not put yourself in a "safemode" by having your weapon lowered. Players will still be able to get you under fearRP.
The following 2 users Like Spear's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, Haarek