Your name: [FL:RP] MrFinnConlon

Your ban ID: 77029

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:79431150

Reason:  BRA (79991) - Breaking FearRP / / You should know ALOT better

Staff member who banned you: [FL:T] Marvin

Reason why you should be unbanned:

Firstly let me repost my POV

The gun man's POV :

My footage or POV showing what I am able to react to.  I believe that this case should mostly be reviewed from this POV because these are the treats that I able to react to. I believe that this situation has come about as a series of misunderstandings or miscommunications. 

I am called to a mugging/hostage taking. My priority, in this case, is to protect the hostage's life while keeping myself safe. I arrive on the scene and exit my car while I am behind the cover of my car I remove my M4. I then progress on foot into the view of the gunman. I have my gun drawn as I move into the view of the gun, making so I have a weapon drawn while the gunman has a gun aimed at me. It is at this point I could have been underfearRP (A command and a threat to life) however I do have my weapon drawn. The fact that my weapon is drawn means that I am not underfearRP for my life. 

The gunman's pleas for me to lower my weapon are only heard after my gun is drawn.

I would also like to point out that from the time that I arrived on scene the gunman looks his view of the hostage/muggey and moved a distance away from him. 

Due to the fact that I have a better weapon and the hostage is clear of any threat to harm I am able to take the shot to kill. 

I can understand how that can be misinterpreted but if you take the time to review it you will find that there isn't any fearRP breakage. 

-Finn
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
-Involved-

I think it is pretty obvious even from your own POV, that your gun was "holstered" (I don't know what it is called) You're gun was not drawn, and there fore I had you. In a REAL LIFE situation, if your gun wasn't drawn and was in that position, and you pulled it up, you would be dead on the spot.

I don't know why you fail to see that.

Regards.
To make it even easier for you to understand, this is what I am talking about.

[Image: d7WnXDe.png]
Hello FinnConlon!

In both of the videos you can see that FEASTY has his gun at you, while you being in the car. and you fastly got out, having your gun "lowered", while your life was in risk, You then continues to move and "unlower" your gun, and then give orders a second before you shoot.

Yes it might have been a bad position for your POV, but FEASTY had his gun out before you did, also when you got out of the car, he still had. Therefore FearRP applies.

Thanks!
Marvin
I suggest that you have a look this thread where a similar situation occurs. https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69094

The matter of the fact is that the weapon being lowered isn't the same has not having a weapon out at all. I will reiterate this again an M4 is a 'lowered' position is sufficient to counter the threat made by the gunman.

Feasty, your screenshot shows that we both have weaponry drawn and nothing more.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
From Finn's POV, he cannot see FEASTY's gun drawn until after he has jumped out of his car and has his gun lowered.

This, as a player, could be really hard to judge during the situation. But now that both POVs have been seen, it's easy to see where a mistake has been made. It would be unfair to ban Finn because of this. A talking to would have sufficed.

When it comes to FearRP when guns are lowered, I tend to follow this: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...094&page=4

"If a person has their weapon lowered, Fear RP cannot be triggered, for the weapon is ready to be used, and the time that it takes to aim and shoot, is less than a second; much faster than if you were to take it out from your holster, meaning that you could out-shoot your opponent"

I will be Approving this UBR and Finn will be spoken to regarding situations like these.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
There seems to be confusion around the basis of the FearRP rule. What is presented in this footage is FearRP breakage on the basis of the following rules,
  • You cannot draw a weapon when someone has you at gunpoint or in striking distance of a melee weapon.
  • You must follow FearRP. Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you.
The key word in those rules are pointed. Upon exciting your car you were under clear fearRP as the accusing user had his pistol on yourself whilst commanding you, which you failed to oblige. Motivated by this rule,
  • Orders must be given via voice or text comminucation to initiate a FearRP situation.
You took out a weapon during exciting your car, but you did not point it after a good while which made you aware of him pointing his gun at you first whilst giving you orders - this is no matter of perspective in the game. The given rules clears any confusion in regards to pointing and having it lowered, and whilst context determines of a fearRP situation, a fearRP situation will only be engaged once a weapon is pointed at desired user(s) and with commands available.

Initiating of fearRP was thus in this situation done per the rules correctly, but opposing party failed to oblige the commands and caused an infringement in the fearRP clause of the rules by accused user MrFinnConlon. The ban will be put on your record, however with no restrictions to the servers.

Floodify
Supervising Administrator
Kind Regards,
Floodify