Change to Teacher Applications
I don't think Lesanka is shy at all, I think it's a bit silly to bring anyone into the topic without them admitting what they are for sure. Every time I've RP'd with Lesanka she's far from shy. Just because someone may be shy doesn't mean they don't have as much initiative as someone who is more confident and outgoing too.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Divey, Rylund, Archer
(03-30-2017, 08:47 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:44 PM)Midget Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:23 PM)Eeee394 Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:13 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 04:19 PM)King Kickass Wrote: So maybe some more shy players  will use this opportunity to application
I.e. Kimmypanda
But is shy people what we want as teachers? I don't think so

Stupid decision IMO, should make the community inputs matter instead of this shit

I personally do not see any problems in shy players being teachers.

Isn't the whole point of a teacher to reach out and help other people?
That takes a certain degree of initiative.

I think lesanka is shy but she made a decent teacher and admin. 
I also don't know anything about lesanka nor have I talked with her lol but still.

What she did for Miss EvoCity and The Great Debate are far from shy. I couldn't speak out in public with that much confidence.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(03-30-2017, 08:36 PM)SnowredWolf Wrote: I see both positive and negative aspects to said changes.

Negatives
  • Community members sometimes pointed out issues with applicants, thus bringing awareness to it.
  • Community members could bring valuable input which could help us with the final decision (Both negative and positive aspects)

Positives
  • We will avoid people friend zoning each other and that way avoid people earning a lot of false +Supports
  • Will allow less known people to be reviewed and not put off by people not knowing them properly
There are probably more positive and also negative aspects to this change, however, we will see how it will turn out!  Smile
I'm pretty neutral on it, but I'm up for seeing how it will turn out, I just feel like we might miss out on some important information the community members could contribute with.
That's exactly what I meant.
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
The following 2 users Like Pear's post:
  • Rylund, Archer
(03-30-2017, 08:23 PM)Eeee394 Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:13 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 04:19 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Pear Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 12:37 PM)NoiizeDesignS Wrote: --

So maybe some more shy players  will use this opportunity to application
I.e. Kimmypanda
But is shy people what we want as teachers? I don't think so

Stupid decision IMO, should make the community inputs matter instead of this shit

I personally do not see any problems in shy players being teachers.

To me, the teacher role is not just about answering questions and spamming OOC with keybinds, it's about helping with and initiating roleplay with new(er) players as well, which I do not think shy people are as capable off, do you disagree?
The following 4 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Archer, Tomo, Eclipze, Pear
(03-30-2017, 04:51 AM)King Kickass Wrote: Question to any of the liaisons.
Does this affect how long each application will take be evaluated? If you're going with the contributor strategy some applications took 2 months to be evaluated. Mine didn't but some did. Also will staff be allowed to post in the applications or will the only staff that will be allowed to input questions or feedback be the liaisons.

Hi, King Kickass

There is a set time in which Teachers applications are to be concluded, however I don't want to release this to the public as having a time set would create anxiety in my opinion, I'm sure the community can figure it out in time but I personally would prefer not to know when I will be told, as some people may get worked up waiting for it. I can ensure that it will not take months to be evaluated. For your second question, all Administrators are able to comment on an applicant.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
(04-01-2017, 03:16 PM)Divey Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 04:51 AM)King Kickass Wrote: Question to any of the liaisons.
Does this affect how long each application will take be evaluated? If you're going with the contributor strategy some applications took 2 months to be evaluated. Mine didn't but some did. Also will staff be allowed to post in the applications or will the only staff that will be allowed to input questions or feedback be the liaisons.

Hi, King Kickass

There is a set time in which Teachers applications are to be concluded, however I don't want to release this to the public as having a time set would create anxiety in my opinion, I'm sure the community can figure it out in time but I personally would prefer not to know when I will be told, as some people may get worked up waiting for it. I can ensure that it will not take months to be evaluated. For your second question, all Administrators are able to comment on an applicant.

Letting people know the time frame would reduce anxiety because they know a decision will be made on a certain date, so instead of letting them wait in the dark, having them come back and check every day, they would know exactly when the decision on their application will be concluded.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
I didn't even realize Eclipze got the rank before I saw it in TS. Is there something I am missing where we get notified
(04-01-2017, 04:45 PM)Create Wrote: I didn't even realize Eclipze got the rank before I saw it in TS. Is there something I am missing where we get notified

Yeah, I think there should still be the Teacher Alerts thread.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
(04-01-2017, 04:45 PM)Create Wrote: I didn't even realize Eclipze got the rank before I saw it in TS. Is there something I am missing where we get notified

I would appreciate if the Teacher alerts would come back I don't see any reason why it's hidden or at least make a new teacher alerts to keep us up to date, ofc it's not top,priority but I liked the old one and I miss it.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
It's an issue with the forums, I'll keep people updated.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]