Change to Teacher Applications
Question to any of the liaisons.
Does this affect how long each application will take be evaluated? If you're going with the contributor strategy some applications took 2 months to be evaluated. Mine didn't but some did. Also will staff be allowed to post in the applications or will the only staff that will be allowed to input questions or feedback be the liaisons.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
I'm not sure, I think teachers are for the community and should be assessed by the community. However, if there was no effect on the final result then that is fine.
On a serious note I have nothing against this system especially due to the points you've raised.
Hmm...
(03-30-2017, 12:37 PM)NoiizeDesignS Wrote: Hmm...

Thanks for the highly informative input!

Though, I believe putting this function on staff only might be good and bad in some aspects. Sure, if majority of the community says "+support" and it gets denied, due to staff thinking otherwise, might be weird... But on the other end, if more members put their input there, more points can be raised about the person deserving the position.
That's just my two cents on it.
Kind of neutral with it... hence I can see both positions have valid points on why this is how it is...
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
(03-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Pear Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 12:37 PM)NoiizeDesignS Wrote: Hmm...

Thanks for the highly informative input!

Though, I believe putting this function on staff only might be good and bad in some aspects. Sure, if majority of the community says "+support" and it gets denied, due to staff thinking otherwise, might be weird... But on the other end, if more members put their input there, more points can be raised about the person deserving the position.
That's just my two cents on it.
Kind of neutral with it... hence I can see both positions have valid points on why this is how it is...

Divey said that community input barely effected the final decision so think this is an alright decision because at least now we save our time now  we know that all out input in previous applications meant very little :p there are  some downsides but they only affect non staff members because now we can't snoop around concluded applications or TEACHER ALERTS!

But I think there is one positive side pear, now that the application is private people are sheltered from a lot of criticism which takes a lot of stress out of making an application, take me if I wanted to make an application I'd be too scare to because of the bombing of - supports which would make me feel down and as divey said the -/- supports rarely even affected the final decision so I'd feel bad and it also wouldn't have affected my application. But now if I made an application now at least I wouldn't feel less stressed. So maybe some more shy players  will use this opportunity to application
I.e. Kimmypanda
The following 2 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • Idea, Archer
- Support
(03-30-2017, 04:19 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Pear Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 12:37 PM)NoiizeDesignS Wrote: --

So maybe some more shy players  will use this opportunity to application
I.e. Kimmypanda
But is shy people what we want as teachers? I don't think so

Stupid decision IMO, should make the community inputs matter instead of this shit
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • Ratatoskrr
Community input did matter and so did all input from all teachers and all staff members. Removing all of this in your first couple of weeks as liason is such an idiotic move, what were you thinking?!
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • King Kickass
(03-30-2017, 08:19 PM)Jan Wrote: Community input did matter and so did all input from all teachers and all staff members. Removing all of this in your first couple of weeks as liason is such an idiotic move, what were you thinking?!

Did it in the past? I'm now confused because divey said it didn't really impact the final decision but you were admin for longer so I'm guessing it actually does or did in the past.