[FL:T] Trial Admin Returns
looks cool
As much as I really really am pleased to see this 2 month trial system, I'm very curious why you just didn't go with it without changing the entire title? 

Trial Admin is just such a distasteful name which will make other players judge the staff member even more, knowing he's on trial. It's like trying to stroke the mod's willies to make them feel better being "closer to admin" when the idea of moderator was to support admins, not be admins. 

Most mods who don't advance after max 3 months are probably just not qualified or active enough. So this feels like a way to avoid conflicts and pages of discussions in promotion threads...

Eitherway I'm happy you're trying your best to restructure and keep things tidy within the team. I hope it works out well. Smile
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 8 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Mist, Eclipze, Robbtja, Jonas, MrFinnConlon, Envy, Jordy
(03-11-2017, 01:57 PM)Rukka Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 01:33 PM)Jim Wrote: Oh god, that new colour is gonna take some getting used to.

That's what I was like with the new Dev colour but I got used to it within a day.

This colour is defiantly gonna take a week of getting used to!

But hey, at least it is not in italics now!

The dev color never changed ????

OT: I find it very hard seperating Donators, Contributors and Trial Admins atm Sad
The following 4 users Like Arkten's post:
  • Robbtja, Archer, Broccoli, Divey
(03-11-2017, 04:44 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 01:57 PM)Rukka Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 01:33 PM)Jim Wrote: Oh god, that new colour is gonna take some getting used to.

That's what I was like with the new Dev colour but I got used to it within a day.

This colour is defiantly gonna take a week of getting used to!

But hey, at least it is not in italics now!

The dev color never changed ????

OT: I find it very hard seperating Donators, Contributors and Trial Admins atm Sad

I agree that those three ranks are kind of hard to spot from each other.

The developer color was brown before btw.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I swear, it was red all the time
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • Robbtja
(03-11-2017, 05:10 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote: I swear, it was red all the time

Nope, it was brown earlier..   Cheese

[Image: uickTS0.png] +Rep
To be honest, I really like the system idea. But did you really need to change the name? 
Moderator is basically Trial Admin anyway.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 6 users Like Panda's post:
  • Envy, Jonas, Robbtja, Archer, Arkten, DreeBott
Quick question. It was probably answered but I just need someone to tell me!

So if I was a moderator and after 2 months and I was not 'fit for admin' would my 2 months of trail-admin continue or would I be set back to teacher/donator/member.
(03-11-2017, 05:36 PM)Rukka Wrote: Quick question. It was probably answered but I just need someone to tell me!

So if I was a moderator and after 2 months and I was not 'fit for admin' would my 2 months of trail-admin continue or would I be set back to teacher/donator/member.

You'd be set back to member/teacher depending what you were before.
(03-11-2017, 05:37 PM)Create Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 05:36 PM)Rukka Wrote: Quick question. It was probably answered but I just need someone to tell me!

You'd be set back to member/teacher depending what you were before.

Surely though if you were offered the role of trial-admin, you'd make a good admin either way. If someone doesn't like the role, they'd resign from the role and stay as teacher/member depending on what they preferred before.

This is going to either turn out good or really bad.