[Solved] Connection Error
(12-10-2016, 12:04 AM)Cinimod101 Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 07:18 PM)Sebasti121 Wrote: Try turning off cloud syncing and emptying these folders: cache and cfg. After that verify the game's cache

Spoiler: disable it like this

In addition to try and find the issue add these as a launch options: -condebug -window -w 1280 -h 720. Then launch the game and don't change any graphics settings, just go in options menu and change the content download preferences as they're in the image (download maps only)

Launch a singleplayer game on rp_evocity_v4b1, as soon as you've fully loaded in to the game join the v4b1 fl server. When you're sure the game is stuck completely and won't go any further close the game via task manager (ctrl + shift + esc). Open garry's mod's second folder (steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod). Locate a file called console.log, open it with notepad or a similar program. Copy paste the text here or upload a link to it here, assuming the file exists.
Wow, thanks so much man!

Tried the cloud sync and re-downloaded the map - worked! I connected in about 5 minutes!

Only other problem is people and cars are errors but I think I can solve that...

Thanks so much for your help!!

So it was just steam redownloading same configs that were causing the issue over and over again. Could've been a launch option you had set for example.
Here's a link to a method to empty steam cloud servers in case you ever want to turn cloud syncing on for gmod.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=2470784

Also thank me, not sebasti as it was just some stupid joke which had me using a different name.
Answered.