[Solved] Connection Error
Hey all,

Tried to connect to Fearless on a new pc recently; downloaded all files from the forum and all content packs from the workshop. It would download and mount addons until it reached "boatengine.wav" at which point it would stop. When trying to alt out the whole pc freezes and I have to restart Sad
Other servers load fine - just FL which doesn't. When I disallow server downloads it it gets stuck on "sending client info" and freezes all the same.

I have tried:
  • Loading from Single player
  • Verifying integrity of game cache
  • Re-installing all content packs/files
  • Disabling all other addons
  • Disallowing server downloads
  • Waiting (over an hour)

A similar thread was opened a couple days ago yet no actual solution came from it,

Any ideas? Thanks
That seems to be strange.

I think you should try to reinstall garrys mod, delete all content and then redo everything again.

Best Regards
(12-08-2016, 06:03 PM)Eeee394 Wrote: That seems to be strange.

I think you should try to reinstall garrys mod, delete all content and then redo everything again.

Best Regards

Thanks for the reply, i'll give it a go and get back.
Would you be able to upload your crashlog?
When this happens are you able to go back to main menu by clicking on the 'cancel' -button?
If so, open console and copy paste the whole console and post it here or in a site like http://pastebin.com and I'll take a look.

Also you could try adding this as a launch option: -condebug and locate a file called console.log in your 2nd garry's mod folder (steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod...), post the text contained in the file or upload it somewhere and provide us with a download link. The file may or may not appear, if you can't find it, leave this solution be.

If you have any launch options set or have set. Like different directx modes (-dxlevel 80 +mat_dxlevel etc.) do let me know as this could be the cause.

In addition you could try unsubscribing from every add-on and then manually deleting all their remains found in the addons folder (in the 2nd garry's mod folder). Also empty your cache and config folders: download, download[b]s, cache and cfg.[/b]
The following 1 user Likes Joulle's post:
  • Zambie
(12-08-2016, 07:42 PM)Sebasti121 Wrote: When this happens are you able to go back to main menu by clicking on the 'cancel' -button?
If so, open console and copy paste the whole console and post it here or in a site like http://pastebin.com and I'll take a look.

Also you could try adding this as a launch option: -condebug and locate a file called console.log in your 2nd garry's mod folder (steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod...), post the text contained in the file or upload it somewhere and provide us with a download link. The file may or may not appear, if you can't find it, leave this solution be.

If you have any launch options set or have set. Like different directx modes (-dxlevel 80 +mat_dxlevel etc.) do let me know as this could be the cause.

In addition you could try unsubscribing from every add-on and then manually deleting all their remains found in the addons folder (in the 2nd garry's mod folder). Also empty your cache and config folders: download, download[b]s, cache and cfg.[/b]

Hey, unable to click the "cancel" button - or anything. Once the server begins to connect, and it downloads "boatengine sound, the whole computer becomes unusable, so no chance of a crash log. Task manager opens yet nothing will respond so I have to manually turn off the PC. I have tried multiple directx modes; to no avail. Also, I have tired deleting all addons and downloading from the server but the same issue. I will delete all from the folder and get back,

Thanks for your help!
(12-08-2016, 07:36 PM)Robbtja Wrote: Would you be able to upload your crashlog?

Hey,

No chance as once I begin to connect, I have to manually turn off the PC?
Try turning off cloud syncing and emptying these folders: cache and cfg. After that verify the game's cache

Spoiler: disable it like this

In addition to try and find the issue add these as a launch options: -condebug -window -w 1280 -h 720. Then launch the game and don't change any graphics settings, just go in options menu and change the content download preferences as they're in the image (download maps only)

Launch a singleplayer game on rp_evocity_v4b1, as soon as you've fully loaded in to the game join the v4b1 fl server. When you're sure the game is stuck completely and won't go any further close the game via task manager (ctrl + shift + esc). Open garry's mod's second folder (steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod). Locate a file called console.log, open it with notepad or a similar program. Copy paste the text here or upload a link to it here, assuming the file exists.
(12-08-2016, 06:03 PM)Eeee394 Wrote: That seems to be strange.

Best Regards

Reinstalled and deleted everything related - didn't work.

Thanks tho
(12-09-2016, 07:18 PM)Sebasti121 Wrote: Try turning off cloud syncing and emptying these folders: cache and cfg. After that verify the game's cache

Spoiler: disable it like this

In addition to try and find the issue add these as a launch options: -condebug -window -w 1280 -h 720. Then launch the game and don't change any graphics settings, just go in options menu and change the content download preferences as they're in the image (download maps only)

Launch a singleplayer game on rp_evocity_v4b1, as soon as you've fully loaded in to the game join the v4b1 fl server. When you're sure the game is stuck completely and won't go any further close the game via task manager (ctrl + shift + esc). Open garry's mod's second folder (steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod). Locate a file called console.log, open it with notepad or a similar program. Copy paste the text here or upload a link to it here, assuming the file exists.
Wow, thanks so much man!

Tried the cloud sync and re-downloaded the map - worked! I connected in about 5 minutes!

Only other problem is people and cars are errors but I think I can solve that...

Thanks so much for your help!!