What do you like/hate at FL?
(08-04-2016, 07:13 AM)Marty Wrote:
Agorith Wrote:Of course, nobody denies that when you're regularly playing with an admin/admins and you create a friendship with them you'll probably have higher chances to get promoted.

Plot twist....person only acts in a certain way to staff members but has little to no interaction with other players.
They essentially kiss ass you. And you think they are being friendly. No sir, you are the victim of extreme ass licking, and if the above statement is truly your belief then you should not be allowed to participate in any more moderator decisions or discussions as you clearly have a bias and will vote up your friends.

So the way you're putting it makes it sound as if a person only makes serious RP when there are administrators around to see and acknowledge it, it shouldn't count?
After all, good RP is good RP regardless of the situation and those who partake. 

You have to remember that the vicinity of a staff member encourages people to RP better. 
Imagine you step into a shop that Jon Doe with 21 hours of playtime built because he wants to sell some pistols. The shop contains a total of one table, two chairs and a plant in the corner. Do you actually want to interract with this guy or do you just want to get your pistol, get out of there and find something better to do? 

Now instead imagine a guy who is known to be good at RP'ing and always makes stuff interesting, sets up a shop with tons of detail, constructs adverts that inform you about his services and he even makes deliveries. Wouldn't you take a bit longer to explore the potential here? After all we all know the good cases of roleplaying don't just come to you.

EDIT: I should probably state as well that this counts for forum posts too. Having a supervisor/admin/moderator etc. around is an assurance of some level of quality regardless of what you think about that exact admin. After all there must've been a reason they got promoted in the first place. It's all about creating an atmosphere people want to be a part of.
(08-04-2016, 07:45 AM)StillAlive Wrote:
Agorith Wrote:Of course, nobody denies that when you're regularly playing with an admin/admins and you create a friendship with them you'll probably have higher chances to get promoted.

Plot twist....person only acts in a certain way to staff members but has little to no interaction with other players.
They essentially kiss ass you. And you think they are being friendly. No sir, you are the victim of extreme ass licking, and if the above statement is truly your belief then you should not be allowed to participate in any more moderator decisions or discussions as you clearly have a bias and will vote up your friends.

So the way you're putting it makes it sound as if a person only makes serious RP when there are administrators around to see and acknowledge it, it shouldn't count?
After all, good RP is good RP regardless of the situation and those who partake. 

You have to remember that the vicinity of a staff member encourages people to RP better. 
Imagine you step into a shop that Jon Doe with 21 hours of playtime built because he wants to sell some pistols. The shop contains a total of one table, two chairs and a plant in the corner. Do you actually want to interract with this guy or do you just want to get your pistol, get out of there and find something better to do? 

Now instead imagine a guy who is known to be good at RP'ing and always makes stuff interesting, sets up a shop with tons of detail, constructs adverts that inform you about his services and he even makes deliveries. Wouldn't you take a bit longer to explore the potential here? After all we all know the good cases of roleplaying don't just come to you.

EDIT: I should probably state as well that this counts for forum posts too. Having a supervisor/admin/moderator etc. around is an assurance of some level of quality regardless of what you think about that exact admin. After all there must've been a reason they got promoted in the first place. It's all about creating an atmosphere people want to be a part of.

At what point did I mention RP ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-04-2016, 07:56 AM)Marty Wrote:

- Snip -

I assumed you meant both in- and out of game since you mentioned 'interaction with other players'.
If however that wasn't the case and you only meant for your post to apply on the forum then I have another and possibly better argument -> It's pretty damn easy to spot when people are agreeing with you just for the sake of it. Especially since most of those who do so, aren't exactly among the oldest on the server (agewise) and as such don't quite know how to mask the "asslicking" anyways.
The following 1 user Likes StillAlive's post:
  • Marty
(08-04-2016, 08:02 AM)StillAlive Wrote:

- Snip -

I assumed you meant both in- and out of game since you mentioned 'interaction with other players'.
If however that wasn't the case and you only meant for your post to apply on the forum then I have another and possibly better argument -> It's pretty damn easy to spot when people are agreeing with you just for the sake of it. Especially since most of those who do so, aren't exactly among the oldest on the server (agewise) and as such don't quite know how to mask the "asslicking" anyways.

Yes I refer to both the forum and in game, but not RP. What I more refer to is the likes of players hanging around admins like a bad smell I've seen it loads of times I mean a current moderator was one of the worst for it. Any admin comes in they are chatting away to them in OOC. Changing job to whatever they are playing, standing around laughing at nearly everything they say...yet these admins don't realise it for nothing more than a genuine kiss ass.

I personally couldn't give a fuck whether someone is an admin, a mod, a teacher, donator or someone with 10 hours...whatever they are if they are nice and pleasant enough to speak to them I will, but I'm not going out my way to do so.

Take Greed for example, most kiss arses won't even speak to him for the simple reason of his opinions on certain staff members, on the other hand he's a pleasant enough guy to play with and talk to...

Unfortunately we have a server full of little cliques and if your not in the right one we'll RIP you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-04-2016, 08:13 AM)Marty Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 08:02 AM)StillAlive Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 07:13 AM)Marty Wrote: - Snip -

- Snip -

- Snip -

Yes I refer to both the forum and in game, but not RP. What I more refer to is the likes of players hanging around admins like a bad smell I've seen it loads of times I mean a current moderator was one of the worst for it. Any admin comes in they are chatting away to them in OOC. Changing job to whatever they are playing, standing around laughing at nearly everything they say...yet these admins don't realise it for nothing more than a genuine kiss ass.

I personally couldn't give a fuck whether someone is an admin, a mod, a teacher, donator or someone with 10 hours...whatever they are if they are nice and pleasant enough to speak to them I will, but I'm not going out my way to do so.

Take Greed for example, most kiss arses won't even speak to him for the simple reason of his opinions on certain staff members, on the other hand he's a pleasant enough guy to play with and talk to...

Unfortunately we have a server full of little cliques and if your not in the right one we'll RIP you.

Hmm, your point is pretty legit. It's not like I haven't experienced it before because as you said, it's not exactly rare for people to stalk admins. I do think that this has always been a problem and one that's just as much of a problem in real life as well. Supposedly the best example would be the inefficient coworker who got promoted before you just because he had dinner with the boss last week (overstatement but it can be applied). 

On the other hand I think this problem is the exact reason why the staff team is divided into ranks. I think it's fair to assume that the more experience and maturity proven, the higher the chance to move up in the hierarchy. Vice versa a moderator who has been at it for a month in total would be more subsceptible to 'flatter', 'asslicking' etc. than a more experienced one. And in the end it's the experienced ones (such as SA's) who make the more difficult choices. That's why I think there's a balance. The real problem occurs when there's bias on one side because a player who's good friends with an admin is involved in a courthouse case. Luckily that's what the abuse section is for. 

In the end I like to believe it comes down to trusting the staff team to do the right thing in the various scenarios. If that's not the case, THEN it should be discussed what the next move is.
You guys do remember the actual intention of this post, dont you?
(08-04-2016, 09:34 AM)MrTrashTag Wrote: You guys do remember the actual intention of this post, dont you?

This thread is in the discussion sub, so I am sure they're allowed to discuss people answers
(08-04-2016, 09:34 AM)MrTrashTag Wrote: You guys do remember the actual intention of this post, dont you?

Sure. But it's in discussions and we're still on the topic of Fearless. After all, your title was pretty general.
The following 1 user Likes StillAlive's post:
  • Arkten
1: I probably wouldn't leave over this but what really annoys me sometimes is when people make an overly dramatic Goodbye thread saying that their "I'm leaving forever, The admuns hate me, SoulRipper Haw Culd yoo and I hate this place now!" and then about two or three days later you see them back on the servers and on the forums.

2: I love that we are a very tight community and that we are at the level where we can just have a laugh and some banter with eachother.

3: I like it just the way it is. Of course updates and minor editions are cool as well though.
The following 1 user Likes NJperry's post:
  • Arkten
1. What at FL annoys you so much you'd consider leaving?                                 Nothing at this point could make me want to leave but people lashing out and hating on people for roleplaying  and having fun really pisses me off.

2. What at FL do you love so much that you'd want it to last forever?              The fun I have with this community and some of the great passive roleplays that are held.

3. What do you think should change at FL?                                                            I would love to see another passive night soon to help get passive roleplay back into the servers as it  seems a little rare at the moment.
The following 2 users Like mintblackbeard's post:
  • Arkten, Jonas