What do you like/hate at FL?
(08-02-2016, 08:24 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 12:08 AM)Greed^ Wrote: 1. The mob mentality

Sorry for being an absolute ignorant tard but what's a mob mentality? I saw what it meant on google when i searched it but i was wondering what it is in your own words in case you mean something different than what i read.

It's basically where a certain person or group adopt some sort of opinion that other people adopt simply because the majority do.

EXAMPLE: 

Frank: Football is shit.
Jackson: Ikr.
James: So true.
Penis-breath <doesn't have an opinion>: That's entirely correct.

Penis-breath is now a part of the mob mentality.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • King Kickass
(08-02-2016, 04:53 PM)Merle Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 03:14 PM)Agorith Wrote: 1. What at FL annoys you so much you'd consider leaving?

The general attitude of about half the community, when everything and everyone was way more friendly and dandy in 2014 and before.
The ignorance.
The staff hate paired with ignorance.

Same.

This is funny because people were saying the same stuff in 2014. And 2013. Oh and 2012. 

Actually, it has always been the same. Nostalgia goggles are a thing for sure. Add to the fact that eventually most of us grow older (I think it's safe to say everyone does) and as such roleplaying in Garrys Mod becomes a different experience. Coming back now and having spend a good amount of hours I can say that the servers seem to be in great shape. Stable, lots of content and active (and most importantly responding admins). 

Personally I think it's amazing FearlessRP still holds up after so many years. I know no other communities of this size who have managed to do the same. 

Anyways I guess I gotta answer the original topic as well:

1. Literally just stopped by so nothing has scared me away yet. 
- The fact that there's an unlimited amount of freedom to do whatever you want as long as it's within the guidelines and doesn't ruin the game/experience to others. 
- That I've seen so many people become friends because they shared the same passion for roleplaying. 
- That being a part of FL plays a large role in my time growing up and I still have some fantastic memories. 
- Countless of other things but that's the most important. 
3. Change? I'm not in a position where I can have much of an opinion about that to be honest. Perhaps just make an individual game and call it Fearless Roleplaying or whatever. Better graphics, engine and everything else. Can't be that difficult!  Wink
The following 3 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • Arkten, Jan, Agorith
Nothing has scared you away yet.
you definetly have not seen me roleplaying yet
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • MacTavish
(08-02-2016, 10:44 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote: Nothing has scared you away yet.
you definetly have not seen me roleplaying yet

Ha, perhaps I'll get the chance to one of these days! Fairly certain I won't be much better myself, I've forgotten everything.

Today I managed to write out a PM in OOC with about 50 people on the server. Quite embarrassing really.
The following 1 user Likes StillAlive's post:
  • Arkten
1. What at FL annoys you so much you'd consider leaving? The amount of shit Staff Members get for trying to help the community.
2. What at FL do you love so much that you'd want it to last forever? A small RP group I'm a part of called Falcon PMC, and Park Industries.
3. What do you think should change at FL? Police Car Model.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 1 user Likes Reebs's post:
  • Jonas
1. What at FL annoys you so much you'd consider leaving? Already basicly left, but let's start, soulripper, the police car model, ELS, mavis
2. What at FL do you love so much that you'd want it to last forever? nothing
3. What do you think should change at FL? The staff team, the police car model, ELS, the owner, umm, and the useless updates
stupid signature keeps breaking
I like killing people, I don't like being banned.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
1. There are alot of reasons i would Leave FL,
first reason would be the Admin team, some (and i mean just SOME) are just not doing theire "job" they way they're suppost to do it.
the second reason would is that im known as a huge minge and "kid" that has anger problems, and you cannot just change peoples point of view that fast.
Another reason why I would leave is because it's rare to see some good RP's that are made for everyone, because if there is a RP it's made by an admin and they wont let you join when they dont like you, I miss the RP's from Avgar and Lesanka, but I think they have a reason why they "Stopped" or just making less Roleplays, and that's fine.
Another point is that im bored every time I join the Server, after 1300 Hours there is nothing much left you can do, I know alot of people will not say that i could Roleplay, or help out the server by doing something but do you really think it's fun to stand in a shop for literally 2 Hours, rp'ing as hard as you can, and then getting told (not directly) by a Teacher that the RP is complete shit just because they dont like you?
I'm always thinking about leaving because I rarly have people on my list that wanna play GMod or something else in Total.
Also, the ignorance of some Admins is just fucked up.
My last is the FPS, i know everyone will say that we cannot change it because it's the engine that gmod runs with or it's because of the Map, but it's still something that's annoying.
Oh yeah one more thing, like Falcao said, kiss-asses just get everything they want and that they're treated special.
And yes we all know it's true.

2. The money that i currently got on my Account, they fact that I'm still playing after nearly 1300 Hours even tho there are people that hate me to death on this Community.
I somehow also cannot just leave something that I put so much effort in (my character, firends I made on FL...)

3. I would change the Staff team, just like Greed said, not ALL of them but still some of them, some that are not willing to actually help people when they need help.
I would also (if possible) make the Server much more Stable...
And I would finally get a new Police Car, the one we have now is so ugly and it always destroys the fun at playing as Police.

-And yes I know my English is complete Shit but i dont care.
(08-02-2016, 04:53 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: I became a staff member relatively quickly. 9 months roughly, (including when I was toxic as fuck.) I even got promoted to moderator a month or so after I got a perm ban :o

That's because you had the longest straw and the smallest fingers....take that however you want lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Agorith Wrote:Of course, nobody denies that when you're regularly playing with an admin/admins and you create a friendship with them you'll probably have higher chances to get promoted.

Plot twist....person only acts in a certain way to staff members but has little to no interaction with other players.
They essentially kiss ass you. And you think they are being friendly. No sir, you are the victim of extreme ass licking, and if the above statement is truly your belief then you should not be allowed to participate in any more moderator decisions or discussions as you clearly have a bias and will vote up your friends.
[Image: giphy.gif]