Report: [Mx] RandomGamer
Incorrect. Again, you are going off topic. Let me help you:
Did you not think that because Random was firing upon someone, that you should call for backup or even attempt to kill him? Random isn't just going to stop in his tracks whilst attempting to kill the man because of non-existant "FearRP", that would be nonsensical. Yes, you can claim FearRP, but you will most probably get shot at for trying to interrupt the active murder (whilst shots being fired) (In an RP situation), which is what happened.

Fair enough that you believe this to be a rule-breakage, and I understand how it would annoy you, but unfortunately, FearRP doesn't apply.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
(02-22-2016, 09:02 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: Incorrect. Again, you are going off topic. Let me help you:
Did you not think that because Random was firing upon someone, that you should call for backup or even attempt to kill him? Random isn't just going to stop in his tracks whilst attempting to kill the man because of non-existant "FearRP", that would be nonsensical. Yes, you can claim FearRP, but you will most probably get shot at for trying to interrupt the active murder (whilst shots being fired) (In an RP situation), which is what happened.

Fair enough that you believe this to be a rule-breakage, and I understand how it would annoy you, but unfortunately, FearRP doesn't apply.

I disagree, hence why this report was posted. I feel that FearRP was broken as he had no regard to what I was ordering him to do while I was right behind him. We have already established our points of view, both of which differ from each other. 

Now, back to the question you have asked. As I previously stated, I was in a rush to take action, as every second counts in situations like the ones that occurred.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
This report is way too vague to even punish anyone in this case, it's all opinion based and a prime example is seeing it from other perspective as Hitman did change his mind once he saw various perspectives but others may still feel the same. Personally I would have opened fire on Random Gamer before even saying a word since he was discharging his weapon against another citizen.
(02-22-2016, 09:19 PM)DVN Wrote: This report is way too vague to even punish anyone in this case, it's all opinion based and a prime example is seeing it from other perspective as Hitman did change his mind once he saw various perspectives but others may still feel the same. Personally I would have opened fire on Random Gamer before even saying a word since he was discharging his weapon against another citizen.

I do not believe that the case is neither Opinion Based, nor vague. Evidence has been provided to support both sides of the case, and yes, as you said, Hitman did have a change of mind. His change of mind however does not nullify all the evidence presented. 

I believe it is now time to wait for a verdict from the staff team.

This is my final post on the matter unless the Staff member reviewing this case requests that I post.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The situation presented in this case is very tricky. While Reebs did come up behind Random Gamer with a gun telling him to drop the weapon, Random Gamer was also actively discharging a firearm. This raises the question as to weather or not FearRP actually applied in this situation. These kinds of situations are a very gray area of FearRP and definitely need to be addressed.

There will be a discussion among the administrative team as to weather not FearRP applies when someone comes up behind an active shooter and orders him to stop while they are discharging a firearm. The situation definitely could have been handled differently by both parties involved in order to prevent this sort of confusion.

However, while the FearRP is a very, very gray area there is still one issue. Random Gamer's job was set to "The insane Family - Uncle", Random informed me that the Insane Family was a passive Family RP. It would have been more suiting for him to respond to the Detective shooting his Nephew with a pistol as opposed to a police grade SMG. That is a bit FailRP and a short weapons blacklist will be issued.

These kinds of cases have the potential to have a large impact in the future of Fearless so as you can imagine, the decision to not issue a ban was not taken lightly. I can assure you, it will be absolutely clear weather it is FearRP or not when it may come to a situation similar to this in the future.

Thank you for the report, this case is now closed.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator