SteamID: STEAM_0:1:57769738

Time: Approx 11:04 PM GMT 2/21/16 on the V2D server

Summary: User broke FearRP several times and killed me after doing so

Evidence:

Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Involved - Was the Nephew in the RP with Random and was also present at the scene.

Surely you can't call FearRP in this situation. You have a man with an MP5 firing upon people. In real-life you wouldn't shout at him to put his gun down, you would shoot to kill him as he is endangering the lives of others. The first thing I would do is call for backup before approaching such a lethal person.

Now, fair enough if Random was standing there not shooting but with his gun out. Then FearRP would apply if you had told him to put the gun down.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
You should have noticed, FearRP does not apply when I have a gun up.

+ Shots had already been fired, which also meant FearRP was off.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(02-22-2016, 12:34 AM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: Involved - Was the Nephew in the RP with Random and was also present at the scene.

Surely you can't call FearRP in this situation. You have a man with an MP5 firing upon people. In real-life you wouldn't shout at him to put his gun down, you would shoot to kill him as he is endangering the lives of others. The first thing I would do is call for backup before approaching such a lethal person.

Now, fair enough if Random was standing there not shooting but with his gun out. Then FearRP would apply if you had told him to put the gun down.

This is not Real Life though, is it? It is Semi Serious RP. When he was not firing, I was repeatedly yelling at him to put his gun down and he failed to oblidge. I had chosen to give him a few other chances to see if he would comply, which he failed to, although I was right behind him with the gun pointed at the back of his head. Only after he turned around and fired upon me did I return fire.

Furthermore, why would someone with his job be shooting at someone anyway? His job was set to "Insane Family - Uncle", and while the title implies that he is insane, that is surely not a valid reason to fire upon anybody, unless there is another reason that I am not aware of.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

(02-22-2016, 12:40 AM)Random Gamer Wrote: You should have noticed, FearRP does not apply when I have a gun up.

+ Shots had already been fired, which also meant FearRP was off.

I was under the impression that fearRP was only off unless the party who was under it had been assaulted. Either way, your gun was pointed in the opposite direction, while mine was pointed at the back of your head, which places you under fearRP if I am not mistaken.

Furthermore, your job title was "Insane Family - Uncle", and while that implies that you are insane, that does not give you reasoning to fire upon someone unless there is another reason that I am unaware of.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

(02-22-2016, 12:42 AM)Reebs Wrote:
(02-22-2016, 12:34 AM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: Involved - Was the Nephew in the RP with Random and was also present at the scene.

This is not Real Life though, is it? It is Semi Serious RP. When he was not firing, I was repeatedly yelling at him to put his gun down and he failed to oblidge. I had chosen to give him a few other chances to see if he would comply, which he failed to, although I was right behind him with the gun pointed at the back of his head. Only after he turned around and fired upon me did I return fire.

Furthermore, why would someone with his job be shooting at someone anyway? His job was set to "Insane Family - Uncle", and while the title implies that he is insane, that is surely not a valid reason to fire upon anybody, unless there is another reason that I am not aware of.

It doesn't matter if he wasn't shooting at certain points. The situation in itself meant that FearRP didn't exist. It's all well and good in this type of situation to tell an insane man to put down his gun, but FearRP wasn't present meaning he didn't have to listen to you. Your job as a Police Officer was to apprehend the man and take him out (kill him) as he was shooting and killing someone.

His reason was valid as one of our family members was killed by the man being apprehended by Random. He had every valid reason to do so.
Kind Regards,

(02-22-2016, 12:46 AM)AwestruckBullet Wrote:
(02-22-2016, 12:42 AM)Reebs Wrote:

It doesn't matter if he wasn't shooting at certain points. The situation in itself meant that FearRP didn't exist. It's all well and good in this type of situation to tell an insane man to put down his gun, but FearRP wasn't present meaning he didn't have to listen to you. Your job as a Police Officer was to apprehend the man and take him out (kill him) as he was shooting and killing someone.

His reason was valid as one of our family members was killed by the man being apprehended by Random. He had every valid reason to do so.

As far as I am aware, being "apprehended" does not mean being sprayed by fully automatic fire with an MP5. Also, FearRP should apply in this situation as I had my gun basically pressing against the back of his neck.

I understand my job as a Police Officer, however as you can see by looking at the video, I was attempting to resolve the situation without killing Random Gamer, as I was ill equipped to do so.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

Random Gamer was not under FearRP from the people he was shooting, but came under FearRP when he got a gun pointed to the back of his head.

It's a known situation that if someone manages to sneak upon you from the back and aim their gun at you, you are then placed under FearRP.

Whether the man was 'insane' or not, does not matter, in Fearless you fear for your life regardless.
Apologies, apprehend probably wasn't the best word to use. More like, chase and kill. Or even sit back and call for immediate backup.
Kind Regards,

(02-22-2016, 12:53 AM)Avgar Wrote: Random Gamer was not under FearRP from the people he was shooting, but came under FearRP when he got a gun pointed to the back of his head.

It's a known situation that if someone manages to sneak upon you from the back and aim their gun at you, you are then placed under FearRP.

Whether the man was 'insane' or not, does not matter, in Fearless you fear for your life regardless.

This is a semi serious RP server though, and not Serious, or Ultra Serious, and so on. Not everything situation is the same on this server, as it would be IRL.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]