Report : GreeD^
I would also like to add that it may be possible to shoot through the walls but from experience with being raided whilst me and GreeD^ were defending we were never able to get very close to that wall as they managed to hold it off, this meant we had to take cover from the Air Vent and also we couldn't shoot the people on the Keypad anyways. Basically although that spot is technically OP it would be impossible to use that spot.
(02-16-2016, 05:45 PM)Jono Wrote: Involved.

This admin abuse case suggests that Greed's dupe is 'legal'. (http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=62035)

The interpretation of a doomfort differs from admin to admin. It needs to be clarified in black and white. This, by at least the previous team's standards is not a doomfort.

(02-15-2016, 05:52 PM)Ivan Tempski Wrote: This is a doomfort.

Raiders do not have a fair advantage, the keypad is quite clearly surrounded by two shooting gaps, which forces the attackers to crouch.

Why should raiders have an advantage at all? What a stupid thing to say. It is fairly easy for any raiding party to break into the base, via the use of a variety of tools now available. Even just utilizing the keypad, providing covering fire is issued, there should be no problem with it..

That case pretty much sums it up, if this was "Not a doomfort" How is Greeds?

Falcao
Fearless Administrator
The problem with GHOSTK1LL3R's video is not only that the dupe is a replica and not the actual one, but also because it only shows that it is possible to HIDE in that corner, relatively, while most likely facing directly down or into the corner.

What is not shown, is the act of keypad cracking the keypad from that position, something that would reveal the player in such a way that they could be easily shot.
I am also wondering if it would be possible for maybe a planned raid to take place, just to see how it performs. I was thinking maybe 2 defenders and about 5-6 attackers. See if there are any Spots that may make it a Doomfort.
(02-17-2016, 07:55 AM)Avgar Wrote: The problem with GHOSTK1LL3R's video is not only that the dupe is a replica and not the actual one, but also because it only shows that it is possible to HIDE in that corner, relatively, while most likely facing directly down or into the corner.
That is true, my dupe is not a replica. I was only attempting to show however that it is possible to hide in the corner which is one possible way to raid the base. It is no means the only way you can raid the base.

(02-17-2016, 07:55 AM)Avgar Wrote: What is not shown, is the act of keypad cracking the keypad from that position, something that would reveal the player in such a way that they could be easily shot.

Why would there be the need of showing keypad cracking the prop? When was the last time you ever used a keypad cracker in a raid? In-fact, when was the last time you ever saw someone use a keypad cracker in a raid? They are slow, loud and clunky in the inventory. Additionally, there is no rules saying that you have to keypad crack while in relative safety. There is also more than just one way to pass the props. As stated multiple times, this is not a valid argument. It is not supported in the rules nor is the only way to get through the props. Also, your other argument and only argument is passing the props. When in fact, you don't even need to pass the props because as you can see from Greeds dupe there are openings in the props to allow the attacker to shoot the defenders.

Here are a few examples that cops have on offer:

Cops can firstly bait a reload from the attacker(s) and then proceed to push towards the prop and hit the keypad with an arrest baton which will therefor allow the fading door to open and can be face to face with the attackers.

Cops can decided to take the gunfight(as they can shoot the attackers as much as they can shoot them) and kill the attackers when the attackers are trying to kill them

Cops can get the SRU to flashbang next to the props which will blind anyone near the focal point of the said flashbang. Once the flashbang is thrown, the sru/police then proceed to rush the base and place a breach on the prop. They then can do /detonate or shoot the breach thus removing all props from the attacker.

Here are a few examples that citizens have on offer:

Get a Molotov out and throw the Molotov thus burning the props.

Out frag the defenders which is a very simple task.

Your points Avgar have zero backing in the rules and additionally you are making it out like Keypad cracking is the only way to enter this base. However, as I have just presented to you from the of my head. There is atleast 5 different possible ways you can attack that base without the use of a keypad cracker.
The administrative team, along with the SAs, have recognized the unclarity and concerns regarding doomforts and will be working towards clarifying them.

As history has shown, there were even cases where ex-staff were accused of doomforting. Sometimes there was admittance of mistakes made, such as the build in Izzie's on v33x, however, there were times where the administrators in question denied their build being a doomfort, such as Grub's build here in the Corleone villas: http://imgur.com/a/OyPoq which, just like this case, could be considered doomfort-like because of the keypad right next to a firing hole. See the following thread for the discussion about the build mentioned above: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=62006.

It would be unfair to punish players for using an aggressive RP base with elements that many others were not punished for, even ex-staff.

However, as I've mentioned, we recognize the unclarity and possible unfairness of the base and bases like it, as described in this case and certain rules may be created and/or adjusted in order to dispel any misunderstandings and/or unfairness. However, no players will be punished for these unclarities until that is done.

Player report denied.