Help me understand (Soul Exposed)
(01-19-2016, 10:55 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: I hope this negativity you have brought back with you is not related to your demotion, Jokhah

I can assure you, it's not. It's pretty clear what it's about, if you took the time to read the content. However, while you are trolling around the forums looking for new ways to be toxic and new enemies to complain about, why not go fix that evidence problem in the office, as you are the poster, you are partially responsible and it would be very unfortunate for you to get a forum perm for lying in an abuse case.
Jokhah you need to go and take a hot bath and drink a few beers.

Life is great.
The following 2 users Like Mike's post:
  • Awestruck, Old Man Jokhah
Everyone is so "ON/OFF" here. It's either 1 or 0.

What I mean by that is that if it is written in the rules... there is NO negotiating or any forgiveness.
I think common sense should be used it all cases. And even though it is written in the "almighty" rules that THAT'S THE PUNISHMENT it should be applied with consideration for each case.

i.e. Obviously there wasn't any serious threats in Ghostkiller's UBR, as the Soulripper said himself "emotions go skyhigh". Obviously you only need COMMON SENSE to understand that it doesn't warrant the punishment that was handed out at the time.

I don't think Soul tried to CHANGE anything, he just looked at the case from an unbiased/neutral viewpoint and took the decision that deemed fit. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Not everything is 1 or 0. You need to be able to read between the lines...

That's just MY opinion, if you bothered to read it.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
@MJ Everything I've done is negative? So me trying to boost awareness and problem solving for the lack of RP is negative? So me offering people a chance to ask me questions they might have is negative? Me standing up for the disrespect that the admin team has been taking is negative? We have different definitions of what negative is. Only time I get negative is when others were first, being negative, and no one was doing anything about it.

Soul, I've known you a long time now. You go through these phases and you do protect your friends. I didn't join yesterday, bro. What I don't understand is why it takes you losing staff members and community members for you to finally get up and do something about the problems roaming around. You can take the time to come on here and try to shut me down, but take no action about the various cases of disrespect or flat out insults thrown to your team by your people. You also don't step up to the plate when you lose those who were handling it. Hence why I'm still having to post in an ABR that has been up for a long while, is based on an assumption, and contains evidence that has the intent of misleading an investigator. The fact that none of your staff missed that was bad, but the fact that it's still being allowed to continue is just shameful. You can tell me that you weren't personally invested in Mike's case, but we both know it's bullshit. Why did you magically attempt to change policy on his behalf but not in the cases that you have denied on the exact same grounds? Just sayin, after all the losses this community has suffered, all the shit this place has been through, I held to the fact that they must be crazy, I mean most of them brought up stupid shit like tax evasion or whatnot, all I'm using is your own forums. Your community doesn't like me very much, I don't honestly care. I've always been here preaching about balance and justice. About a fair and even playing field. That will lead to a lot of haters. I also have a way with words that's best described as aggressive or standoffish. That's because I don't give up when I know I'm playing for the right team. If you want a bunch of players that constantly attack your staff team, that break rules and don't have to be afraid because you will change policy and rescue them, mission accomplished. Sorry to say, some of those same staff members are old friends of mine and I won't just stand by and let them take it where you fail to stand up for them.
(01-19-2016, 11:00 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: Jokhah you need to go and take a hot bath and drink a few beers.

Life is great.

(01-19-2016, 11:05 PM)Midget Wrote: Everyone is so "ON/OFF" here. It's either 1 or 0.

What I mean by that is that if it is written in the rules... there is NO negotiating or any forgiveness.
I think common sense should be used it all cases. And even though it is written in the "almighty" rules that THAT'S THE PUNISHMENT it should be applied with consideration for each case.

i.e. Obviously there wasn't any serious threats in Ghostkiller's UBR, as the Soulripper said himself "emotions go skyhigh". Obviously you only need COMMON SENSE to understand that it doesn't warrant the punishment that was handed out at the time.

I don't think he tried to CHANGE anything, he just looked at the case from an unbiased/neutral viewpoint and took the decision that deemed fit. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Not everything is 1 or 0. You need to be able to read between the lines...

That's just MY opinion, if you bothered to read it.

Don't worry guys, as I said before elsewhere, my time here is almost up. Just getting the last unfinished business out of the way. I've come to realize that this place simply doesn't care about itself anymore. People are content just bitching and bitching, they don't want to know how to fix it, they definately don't want my help, and I'm at the end of the rope trying to care about it. If yall want it to be a cesspool, so be it.
(01-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Ali Wrote: Soul could literally ban everybody on the server at random and it would be his decision with no repercussions.

except for no donations and then he would have to fund the server himself and he would be playing on a server alone ????
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 2 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • Awestruck, SourLemon
(01-19-2016, 11:21 PM)Goigle Wrote:
(01-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Ali Wrote: Soul could literally ban everybody on the server at random and it would be his decision with no repercussions.

except for no donations and then he would have to fund the server himself and he would be playing on a server alone ????

I should probably remove the no repercussions part. you right
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • goigle!
(01-19-2016, 11:11 PM)Jokhah Wrote: @MJ Everything I've done is negative? So me trying to boost awareness and problem solving for the lack of RP is negative? So me offering people a chance to ask me questions they might have is negative? Me standing up for the disrespect that the admin team has been taking is negative? We have different definitions of what negative is. Only time I get negative is when others were first, being negative, and no one was doing anything about it.

Maybe what I said was abit wrong, I'll admit that. But what I'm trying to say is insulting people is not the way to go about things, I totally understand you are frustrated at the situations, but I mean you can easily state your opinion peacefully, looking at the two cases, I believe they were dealt with the right way. The thing that bothered me is just that you resulted to insulting not only Soul, but other players commenting on this thread. Regarding Mikes case, it looks to have been concluded in a demographic manner with a administrative discussion on the players actions. Sounds like it was dealt with professionally, no problem. Yet with Ghost's case is still in the pending progress, so I have not much to comment on that. Like Midget said, I don't believe he changed anything, it was reviewed from a staff members point of view that it was a minor offence, and should not have received a perm ban regarding the last chance. He didn't conclude, just stating what he thinks and his view on that certain situation.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheMJ's post:
  • summotion
Quote:Don't worry guys, as I said before elsewhere, my time here is almost up.  Just getting the last unfinished business out of the way.  I've come to realize that this place simply doesn't care about itself anymore. People are content just bitching and bitching, they don't want to know how to fix it, they definately don't want my help, and I'm at the end of the rope trying to care about it.  If yall want it to be a cesspool, so be it.

Well. It was a pleasure meeting you. You definitely opened my eyes to the sort of people to stay away from. Demoted admins seeking redemption to then go and blatantly disrespect owner's establishment. You know, I donated to the server for a reason, not because I wanted to minge around and think I could get away with it, but because I believed that I would actually enjoy it and stay long-term. Its only when particular admins, the people who are meant to be enforcing the rules, break them, showing that principles go right out the window. 

For example, any ABR thread I have posted personally, has not been out of spite or vengeance for any particular admin, it is simply because I have invested my money into a server that I visit pretty much everyday, where I try my best to follow the rules that have been set in stone for a reason, and not to be broken by those with power who have been specifically chosen to know the rules and enforce them.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Huskii, Old Man Jokhah
Jokhah, SoulRipper did not argue to change what a last chance means, so he made no attempt to rewrite the rules. What he did argue is whether the last chance was validly placed onto Mike.

You can see in the conclusion of the unban request that we, as the administrative team, not just Soul, have reevaluated the situation and agreed that the last chance was, indeed, invalid and therefore removed it, along with the permanent ban.

If a player is contesting their last chance then it is only fair for the staff team to look into the situation instead of standing tall and spouting 'last chance is last chance, no ifs and no buts'.

Jokhah, you mean well, I can see that, but in what way will threads like these benefit the community? Is this, as you called it, a truly proper channel to voice your concerns?
The following 3 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Huskii, Awestruck, Tomo