The current state of Aggressive RP
The thing is that when i raid someone as an SRU i have no problems with taking them down, SRU is powerful if you play them correctly.
Its all about the tactics
(01-17-2016, 04:41 PM)MrSir Wrote: The thing is that when i raid someone as an SRU i have no problems with taking them down, SRU is powerful if you play them correctly.

That's not what we're talking about.
(01-17-2016, 04:36 PM)Goigle Wrote: It was better with the old weapons cause police could kill with the Glock!

/uncirclejerk

To be honest though, I feel like this surge in aggressive RP does line up with the mad cow weapons. It might just be because the rule changes were done at a similar time.
Currently, there are 3 ammo types. Guns are also less expensive than the CW 2.0 variants. This means that the amount of money you need to spend to fund criminal RP goes down. Additionally, with the default police pistols now being so weak it means the criminals have a lot less to defend against. If you kill another criminal in aggressive RP, you get their gun and can likely use it as everyone has rifles so it should be the right ammo type. With the previous weapon pack, this was not true because of the varying ammo types. The SRU had one of the most powerful weapons (if used right) with CW weapons and that also made them a force to be feared. Right now the only thing that makes them powerful is the concussion grenade (which is rarely used) and their numbers and maybe the SWAT van. I remember back during the summer when I did my Redneck RP and we had slaves in our train I used to actually get scared when the SWAT came because I knew they were a legitimate threat. I would sometimes even instantly surrender because I knew it was over. With the current state of the government, I know that 75-90% of the time (depending on who is on the government at that time) I can win any engagement. If I don't? No worries, a galil or M4 aren't that expensive. However, when AR15s cost around $30,000 that mentality was not present. You did not want to lose $6,000 + any attachments you might have. It is also much easier for groups to defend a base because the Mad Cow penetration model is not as advanced. With the CW weapon a smart attacker could kill groups easily using guerilla tactics and bullet penetration to his advantage. With Mad Cow you can slap some slim metal plates on something and your attacker will be shooting his teammates!

I'm not sure if this view is just me but personally I do more criminal RP than I used to do because it is less expensive and more profitable than ever before.

I'm also not saying that the mad cow weapons need to be removed in order to balance the game. They should be updated to the latest version and I think some tweaks to damage & recoil need to be made. Maybe price.

tl;dr
government is less scary because less powerful weapons and being a criminal costs less and earns more

I for one was somebody who once supported the mad cow weapons, but after this, I'd rather the CW2.0 or FA:S weapons.
The following 3 users Like JackZ's post:
  • TheMJ, aDisabledDeer, goigle!
The problem isn't the rules, I don't think they should be changed at all..

The problem is that no one is encouraging passiveRP anymore, not staff and not players either.
The people who wants to/can do passiveRP has stopped doing it, because they have RPP enough and lack motivation to keep on passiveRPing
I agree, i use to love police RP! Now, it feels like every corner i go around someone tries to start a gunfight, especially around the slums area. I think that aggressive RP has got way out of hand.
[Image: f8f0ed93936736f2ae4c735f1edc05ed.png]
The following 2 users Like Ghost's post:
  • JackZ, Baskingner
I started a discussion about this already. Since you guys prefer to talk here, feel free to use the information. I will no longer be updating that discussion as this one has more support.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=67785
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • JackZ
I agree aswell.

For one instance I built a homeless shelter in the Nexus Back Street (v2d), during the around hour long RP the nexus got raided atleast twice and atleast 2 people tried rob me - I do not think that's ok.
This post has been verified by summotion. ✓
To rep or not to rep? You Decide.
[Image: eY3mzL.png]
The following 1 user Likes summotion's post:
  • JackZ
(01-17-2016, 04:41 PM)MrSir Wrote: The thing is that when i raid someone as an SRU i have no problems with taking them down, SRU is powerful if you play them correctly.

My point is that it takes a lot less tactics to play criminal and you can get a lot more profit

(01-17-2016, 06:17 PM)Ghost Rider Wrote: I agree, i use to love police RP! Now, it feels like every corner i go around someone tries to start a gunfight, especially around the slums area. I think that aggressive RP has got way out of hand.

Yea, I miss when I could RP as a cop and not have to keep an M4 on me at all times or risk getting hostaged/killed :^)
The times when someone did surprise me with a big gun a quick burst from glock usually took care of them
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
From the current state, I will simply state this.

It comes down to the new rules set being more lenient on criminals and the base types people are allowed to use. Those bases that, players can see out of, but are impenetrable from the outside, police raiding these kinds of bases ends in a situation of all of the Force being under NLR. That's no fun, whatsoever.

For the majority of my 600+ hours on the servers and my extensive time on the forums, I can safetly say that I am a Police Officer or SRU Agent. I live to serve the law and uphold such morals. But recently, I have been taking up a life of crime, its no fun being a Police officer anymore. The jobs is completely useless, Im sorry to say it, but it may aswell be removed, not practical, but its not practical in its current state. The pricing of the weapons, an AWP at nearly 100k, being the least powerful gun. Recently I haven't played under a Police Officer RP is because its a lot more fun to run around with a Galil with my job set as 'Criminal.'
I will quote from a post I responded to the other day, a suggestion on making the Police Force more 'Scary,' and I quote;
'In real life, I would in now way, walk up to an officer of the law, pretend to spit at them and shout 'Fuck the Pigs'
The State of Aggressive RP currently is completely and utterly destroying this community of which has always promoted PassiveRP since I've played on here since '14. I have had so many good memories on here, but they are never of AggressiveRP situations.

I have a few suggestions that may be turned down, but christ, they are needed;

- The 'New' weapon, which is now old, NEEDS TO RETURN.
The Weapon pack of which was added a few months back, was new, multiple new weapons, balanced with price, ammo cost and ATTACHMENTS, that actually made a difference. I'll never forget drawing the Vice President out with careful planning and taking his head off with an Arctic Warfare Magnum. One Shot, One Kill.
Its a lot more than just better quality weapon models. Its the fear factor. I shit myself whenever the SRU were called to a situation, with their free weapon attatchments that completely change the way a raid turned out and a police force with AR-15's? Unstoppable, I would happily stand outside the Nexus, as an officer, being a doorman with a G36 by my side, nobody would even dare approach me, let alone challenege me to a gunfight, because they would lose. And yes, obviously, it needs to be balanced. But being a criminal is not cheap, in real life, yes you can buy an AK-47, for £50, but thats because of the manufacturing costs, but it was balanced, the price, the damage, I could do a PassiveRP with a security guard of 5+ hours, without a worry of minges, AggressiveRP'ers, it was a care free world.
Giving a criminal the inability of acquiring a powerful weapon, like the pricing did in the 'Old' weapon pack, shuts down any chance of Massively over powered groups of people killing anyone they want and doing what they want.

MAKE THE GOVERNMENT AS SCARY AS THEY WERE.

Secondly, the bases.

Peoples bases that they make can be so simple now. An organisation can base at V2D Slums and protect it for hours providing they have the ammo, you put a gate over the hole in the fence, you're set, the door is useless, you hear someone opening that gate, you shoot through the door, they advance? you wait for them to open the door and kill them, because you have all the cover down the hallway, you're indestructible, in many aspects.
My simple suggestion is this, crack down on the bases. If your base gives you a complete unfair advantage over more than 2 people, it shouldnt be allowed. Now obviously, I say 2 people but thats stupid, its a base, but if you can successfully hold out inside one area for more than 10 minutes, you're obviously causing a lot of upset and your RP has become so Aggressive, you're now dampening so many players views on the server, you're single handed-ly damaging the reputation of Fearless, you're removing the PassiveRP that Fearless has spent attempting to enact for the past 8 years. WE PROMOTE PASSIVERP, IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, YOU DONT BELONG HERE.

So in conclusion:

-'Old' Gun pack, with the prices as they were before the reverting, back to the easy to use, point and shoot, kill everyone you want guns.
- Make the SRU more powerful.
- Increase the requirements for a fair Base, that can be breached and successfully raided by Police.

And to the incredible staff, that do combat situations like this, thank you. But the community is pleading for something to be done about the constant raidings, unfair advantage that older and more experienced members have over others, it should be a fair game for everyone.

Thank you for reading, feel free to dispute my points.

- Sammijammi
The following 3 users Like Sammijammi's post:
  • [FL:RP] Fela, summotion, JackZ
(01-18-2016, 06:20 AM)Sammijammi Wrote: From the current state, I will simply state this.

-

Thank you for reading, feel free to dispute my points.

- Sammijammi
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with Sammijammi. The current state of Agressive RP is utter shit. As a criminal you risk nothing anymore as opposite to when the guns were more pricey.
The following 2 users Like [FL:RP] Fela's post:
  • Sammijammi, JackZ