Poll: Do you support this cause?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
95.24%
20 95.24%
No
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fearless Roleplay
Noticing that real RP is kinda low around here.  That's not to say people don't do it, but it's definately a noticeable absence from it's former glory.  Now I just got back, lot of mixed opinions on me as it is.  That being said, I'm calling on the old guard to come into this discussion.  Year plus players.  Preferably 2014 or prior, but hell, I'll take 1 month if you are a sincere roleplayers too.

We need to put our heads together, here.  Gotta get this under control.  People love to point fingers, blame others, blame staff, but we all have failed collectively.  This is a community problem, it's gonna have to be the community to fix it.

With input, maybe we get lucky and get a jumpstart.  Now I've been gone, so I'm not the expert here, but I am the man with the plan.  I'll create the topic sections, when you reply, make sure you label which section your content goes in.  I'll work on keeping information together.

Your comment can be as simple as "Because people left" or as complicated as "The change in weapon recoil from .01 to .02 caused the ballistics change that lead to the decline of aggressive rp and clan activity."

Section 1: When/How did passive roleplay decline?  We need to identify what happened before we can really find resolution.  If we don't, eventually this will loop back around and happen again.

- Rule changes loosened rules on criminal behavior, promoting rise in aggressive rp.
- Aggressive RP / Criminal players preying on passive players.
- Rules restricting what passive players are allowed to do to aggressive players.
- Players more interested in aggressive RP
- Minges terrorizing passive RP
- General lack of people taking interest in roleplay shops/locations
- Too many dictators
- Removal of the rule that stated to the effect of "Passive RPs may only be acted on Aggressively with GOOD RP reason"
- People not taking the time to generally roleplaying interactions whatsoever

Section 2: What clan(s) that used to commonly boost public passive roleplay?  What is their status?  Clans willing to commit to public service such as classes, Q&A's, How to's can will also go in this section.  Public service programs will be created and ran by the clan/clans involved.  This will serve as a list for who's in and ideas of what is needed.

- No presently active clan ideas
- No presently active clan public services or roleplay assistance.
- Concept for clan to service as an outlet to promote relations and maintain peace between clans / protect non-involved persons during times of clan war.
- Concept for clan to service preplanned roleplay requests to provide events of various nature (Public/Private/Clan).
- Concept for clan to service as a charity funded community service group

Section 3: What is the average player's roleplay skill?  How can we help less skilled players gain interest in passive rp?  Higher skill players taught me some of the best tricks I know.  I've since developed my own and taught others, it seems like this process is missing now.

- Try to introduce newer players to passive or structured roleplay
- Offer friendly constructive feedback when trying to correct them
- Stay in character and don't push them away for being minges, instead attempt to roleplay with them.
- If they see passive RP more commonly, they are more likely to take interest

Section 4: What is the event situation like?  Do we still have active event planners? How possible for admin assistance with server wide event?  Events lead to structured environments.  Lower skill can work side by side with higher skill, learning how to use commands/acts, gain a better understanding of what it all looks like, and the incentive of RPPs will help their willingness to return to future events.

Section 5: Ideas to promote/create/support passive roleplay in the common player.  This is where everything that doesn't fall into the above goes, really.

- Review the rules to hopefully create some sense of balance between passive and aggressive playstyles.
- Eliminate /job excuse loophole in leu of more realistic /job descriptive. Ex: /job Criminal = Excuse /job Armed Robber / Burgler / Serial-Killer
- Bring back Passive Night (please go to http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=67635 to support this cause)
- Increase awareness of guide section
- Don't let minges simply ruin your rp and continue after they leave.

Lets get dem noggins together and make dem mice sweat a bit.
The following 9 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • NightHawkd, Ludo, summotion, Marty, Grunt, MasterNoda, Holdem, Hitman, Balls
Hello old friend, Section 2.
For me there where very few clans designed with the intentions to boost passive role play, It has been found in some however in cases like Designing Tomorrow. Their purpose as well as all of their members were to create public dupes that any player would have access too, this was a marvelous idea and they created several things still being used but rarely now. All of their contributions were built on v33x in the hopes that doing so would also encourage the second server to begin becoming more passive.

Our situation now is a little different we find ourselves with this predicament on both servers but the solution has gone since the clan's leader (Beflok) has now resigned and been inactive. Little Big Horn, before he left, was working on another clan idea that could have greatly played a role in the development of passiverp. The United Nations, it was a great idea but not formed in the right way.

I propose we combined these two clan elements in some way and form one that at its core is to promote and maintain passive roleplay. We could reform the idea of the United Nations, make representatives of maybe certain clans (or countries?) take part in meetings of perhaps regulations changes, zoning of clan turf, negotiations to avoid clan conflicts and form an agenda that all groups can agree to follow by. I also believe a military unit should be implemented as well but as the real UN intended, the peacekeepers. Their purpose would be and is only to protect the lives of innocents and to maintain peace. A real peacekeeper may only act in self-defense or defense of the mandate. They also must act with the least amount of force possible to receive the desired effect. They must administer several warnings if being fired at before arming there gun and then again before firing. This idea has only been in the works a few days and since reading this post i fast tracked it.

You're thoughts everyone? Please feel free to elaborate or expand on the idea. Or add something else you think would work better
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
The following 3 users Like Ludo's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Jax, rockdon
I have a clan idea in the works that will eventually play a part in managing roleplay requests, but till I can properly sort out what the pool for members looks like, it's just a pipe dream. Concept is simple, contact the clan with a request. Ex: We need a group of rebels here, with a hideout and whatnot. Ex2: We need a rival business to compete with during this roleplay. Ex3: We need some people to play a crowd at this public speech. The clan members would then break down what their roles were, set up a few hooks, and play the part.

As for the UN idea, I feel it would promote clan relations, which leads to overall roleplay in general. I think that it would really matter how many active clans exist at the time of the insertion of such a clan, as if there are few to no clans around, the UN loses some of it's purpose.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Marty
Section 1: I noticed passive RP began to decline when the new rule set was put in place. Much less regulation on raiding and killing people has made many more people just set their job to "Criminal" and run around with a gun. A lot of players like this new rule set, because you can hop on and into action right away. Also, the prevalence of mugging is staggering. You can get mugged over and over again by different players while passively role-playing, but you can't do much about it, which really turns people away from it. I have had my own door blown off by a god damn shotgun so that someone could mug me. We need to find a way to curb the amount of criminal RP that is seen nowadays as a result of the lessened grip of the rules on agressive RP.
The following 3 users Like Jerrycat's post:
  • MrSir, Old Man Jokhah, summotion
Thumbs Up 
Section 5.

I would like to bring up this suggestion by Balls:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=67635

(01-03-2016, 09:25 PM)Balls Wrote: Title of Suggestion:
Bring back the passive nights!

Description:
Bring back the passive nights like the old days! Make people do Passive RP

Why:
The servers are really boring, This is an RP server.
I barely see any Passive RP's anymore apart from those I make myself.
I think that if you bring back the Passive Night, Just a few times, Kinda force people to do Passive RP's it will come by itself.

We need more Passive RP!
This post has been verified by summotion. ✓
To rep or not to rep? You Decide.
[Image: eY3mzL.png]
The following 5 users Like summotion's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Balls, Grunt, Agorith, Edned
Yeah, it's pretty much complete bullshit that a person can do /job criminal, and get away with pretty much anything, where if the victim of said criminal does something about it, he is punished because "he should have called the police." That arguement is about the stupidest thing I've heard, honestly. Why should I play a victim when I should be within my rights to do something about it. If anything, why is a ban warranted? If a criminal can blow a door of to mug someone, and only have to fear police, than a citizen should be able to blow away said criminal, and only have to worry about the police. To say one is okay and the other is bannable is a huge imbalance in play. It's offering the CRIMINAL protection. Reminds me of gun control laws because of criminal gun law infractions. Why disarm the law following people because criminals use guns to hurt people? Makes no sense either.
  • summotion
We should restrict the name "Criminal"
So people need to put some effort in actually creating yourself a character.
Like Psycho drug addict or anything, i feel that in that way roleplaying will hopp in, because then you actually will need to roleplay as that.
I remember when i first started playing on FL, i was a Thug, i got picked up by an admin and got questioned what i really was, and was tipped to have a more creative job that i can RP with.
So i changed it to Shady Electronics seller, and started RP by selling electronics in a dark store wich i also did criminal activities in, but not killing people, instead threating them and forced them to buy my stuff with RP money.
The following 1 user Likes MrSir's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
To be honest, the thing that stopped me from doing alot of passiveRP is a few reasons:
1. No one cares about passiveRP, if you for example set up a shop, you'll get 1-2 good customers an hour that is actually willing to RP
2. The minges, your RP will usually be affected by them, and they really drain your lust and interest in RPing
3. Your RP is never noticed, neither by staff or by players (pretty much the same as reason 1, but eh)
4. Too many dictators. There's literally atleast 1 dictator an hour, and no, they don't always ban shops and so on, but they hire 5+ guards, and then the rest of the server is too busy raiding him
The following 3 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • MrSir, Old Man Jokhah, Infernaw
Section one seems to be one of the more prominent issues since the rule was removed that you cannot attack a passive RP without a strong RP reason. This has lead to perfectly good RP's being ruined because someone wants to destroy it. I've don't plenty of RP's that were ruined by people molotoving the environment as they have nothing else to do.

As others have said, the /job criminal is really like a get out of jail free card for aggressive RP, I even had a player come up to me and said that he wants protection money from me or I'll Molotov your car shop! That honestly should be against the rules as that it more an organised crime act rather than a pesky standalone criminal thing. However, that's not in the rules so these guys can run free.

Perhaps the rules are a bit more relaxed to get lots of players in as it seems to be that the ratio of people preferring aggressive RP over passive RP is greater, which is sad. I reckon with brining back the passive RP nights and tightening up the rules to give a little bit more protection for passive RP, we can share the passive RP love to fearless! Rather than it be /fearless darkRP grab a galil and gun down a pharmacy\ lol.

I think it's wrong to say that passive RP is dead, because it isn't, because there are some damn good roleplayers out there such as Avgar and Lesanka. But it's nothing like what it used to be when I first got here so I think we can get it back with some coordination and support from the player base.

#BringBackTheRP
The following 2 users Like Grunt's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, summotion
Some good stuff coming out here. Noggins are together, hoping for more but progress is progress. 24 hours and we have all this.

Please keep this in mind. This is not specifically about passive rp. Passive rp is mentioned in several spots, however overall roleplay is the goal. Remember back in the day, when the mafia team would show up to your shop. They'd look around, buy something maybe. Don would come in and talk to you a bit, make you an offer. You'd decline and that was okay, the Don would tell you that himself. They'd leave. They come back later, maybe smash a few display cases, give you the new lesser offer, and if you didn't take that, maybe your store caught fire later on. The don, nor his men, ever pulled guns on you and said open the register, that was rebel shit.

There is an indepth aspect of roleplay for aggressive players too. A level of class to going about securing your excuse to wreck the dude if he did do as you wanted. It was never as easy as : walk in, demand, take, kill. Everything was over time. Like a book. Introduction, Interaction, Interaction, Action, End. Shops had to be given at least 1 - 2 chances. This gives him time to stew over it, like a real person would, decide how to get up the money or hire people, try to run, call the cops. But the way it goes right now is like a bad vine. 7 seconds from demand to death. People are treating it like dark RP nowadays, which I feel is just unacceptible.

The reason passive players were more protected was because they were the ones to make the server look alive. They built the shops you go in, they built fairgrounds, they built cool things to look at and play with. They sometimes got robbed or attacked, but more commonly were used as staging points. Like everyone meet at the cafe, order a coffee, then we roll out, after raid, return to cafe and convince the owner to tell the cops you'd been in there the whole time or you'll butcher his family, once he gets rid of the cops, you paid him for his troubles, and left. It wasn't just sprint everywhere shooting like call of duty.

Also, what the hell is up with criminal adverts promoting aggressive behavior like (We have hostage, come here or we kill more people) just to bait cops in, kill them, and do it over and over. There are so many rules still standing that say that shit isn't allowed, but it happens and is over looked. Or like high hour players building doomforts and using them, because their admin friend approved it. Since when can doomforts be approved, period? Only time I ever heard of approved dupe being allowed was when an SA or Soul said it was legit, and that was extremely rare from an SA. Few of my oldest friends around here have gotten lax about how they do their aggressive rp, they are gonna be shocked when I'm the one calling for their ban. Land of the lawless is ending, get used to it, we want our frickin roleplay back.
  • summotion