Poll: Do you support this cause?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
95.24%
20 95.24%
No
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fearless Roleplay
Now I have to bring up an old thread, and how the jobs could be roleplayed.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=19470
Everybody should look at this, if you haven't yet.

From the thread, I'd like to pull out the Corleones section, because it has great examples.
The following 4 users Like Viljo's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Spear, summotion, Grunt
(01-10-2016, 12:45 AM)Viljo Wrote: Now I have to bring up an old thread, and how the jobs could be roleplayed.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=19470
Everybody should look at this, if you haven't yet.

From the thread, I'd like to pull out the Corleones section, because it has great examples.

There is some good information in there and it's a great read, however that is already existing in the guides section. We're more looking for things we can do that don't presently exist or working on things that presently exist but are causing a negative impact.

However, to play into your thought train, perhaps we could get a set of easier to find links on the forums for new people to find those guides, as they are presently in an obscure area that people don't tread as commonly.
Not gonna lie, I was completely shocked when I came back and had to read the rules several times to believe my eyes.
Before you would even get sh*t for promoting aggressive RP, but now it's the most normal thing to do.
It's a real shame to see this, but time moves on and if that time is an aggressive era for FL, let it be.
The rules do need some brushing up with the old style of FL, but there's no use in trying to change an entire playerbase.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 4 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Rylund, Grunt, Haarek
I agree with you, Infernaw. The goal isn't to change the playerbase to passive. All we're trying to do collectively is bring back roleplay. Part of bringing it back would be including the more aggressive players, as the biggest concern with them is that they largely do not roleplay. Remember back in the day when Enzyme would go door to door asking if you wanted to hear about Jesus Christ? When you said no, you ended up raided, but not just an instant gunfight. They would break in, force you into a chair and read scripture to you for a minute or two. Rowan luring people in as the doctor, then doing sick experiments on them (before he stopped trying to roleplay it so well), or even Ludo rolling up for a quick strong arm robbery. There were elements of roleplay mixed with the violence. Demands weren't empty, hostages were valued more than just pushing police force. Criminals could pull off jobs and get away, without having to kill half the server who largely shouldn't be involved in the first place. Even the infamous YMCM could pull off public shootouts without greasing every civ in the area too, and they were borderline minge. Even #R had initiations and a style to them and they were a full on minge clan, even they had some small level of roleplay to them.

When I log in now, there are averagely two shootouts happening in the middle of the street. People walk up and just rdm cops because they are "insert job here." Worst of, the staff typically only react to it after it has been out of hand for a few minutes. Now I understand that staff get busy and all that, I'm not attacking them, but I have to be honest when I say how things are. I've been watching the courthouse as well as the bans page over time. I've seen people banned for taking actions on criminals because their job was citizen, but the criminal who randomly engaged the citizen gets to walk because his job is criminal? What happened to self defense and calling the police being a player option instead of a mandated rule? For that matter, where in the rules does it say you are required to call the police? These are huge issues because players have been punished and lost ability to take part in the community over an opinion that is publically accepted but not in the black and white.

Now had both parties had more roleplay experience and been less ban happy, they could have easily roleplayed it out and moved on. The problem lies in that one or both sides don't really have a good understanding on roleplay verse rules. They only see rules because that's in their face now, unlike a majority of roleplay which has died because of reasons listed in the OP.

I don't have anything against the staff, nor against aggressive rp, however the stance that it's okay to allow passive rp to take a hit because that's what the current players want should be unacceptable. If the players want non stop violence, they should find a gamemode that isn't classified as roleplay or perhaps if the community wants this plays to be a shoot'em up, change the title from roleplay to shoot'em up so that roleplayers can go where they're welcome. I came here because this was one of a handful of real roleplay servers and I will fight to keep that dream alive.

On a side note, about 65% of the playerbase that wanted the aggressive rp rules opened up, left to go to another community. Since then, some of the terrible rules they wanted have been reverted, such as racism. Maybe it should be considered allowing for some comprimise so that the roleplayers can have some level of protection from attacks, since they get banned if they try to settle it themselves.

Not an attack, just my thought train.
Yesterday, me and my 2 friends were trying to do a Toy Store RP. We got minges coming in left, right and centre. It was soo hard to get someone who could actually RP the toy store. In the end, we gave up with no actuall customers.
The following 1 user Likes MegaOmega's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
I've had an idea for a passive clan. Not sure how it would work. It uses ideas from both UN and Building Tomorrow which is helping people.

It's called the Samaritans (After good samaritan(only one idea)) and would be a entirely/primarily passive clan. There would be things like city clean ups, homeless shelter building, disease curing, helping those less fortunate (building, equipment, money ect.) and more. The clan idea is built off a charity so there would be fundraisers .ect

This isn't confirmed but it might be done if people like the idea.
The following 2 users Like mintblackbeard's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Emil
                             TL;DR Always stay in character no matter if it's a minge, and make more passive RPs. When they come, teach them how to /me.
Section 3:
         I've been noticing a crazy drop in passive RP a while ago, and basically everything that you stated, Jokhah, in your post. I support the 3rd section a lot because I feel like if we get the newcomers in on passive RP, which they are about 1/3 or more of the total active population in the servers, and also if we can boost their confidence on building and starting RPs by themselves, many other may hop in either by joining their RP, or starting other ones next by. I have been seeing many newcomers not knowing that much about building or how to sustain an RP by themselves, so if we could possibly participate in their shop or whatever they are doing, we could boost them farther to keep RPing passively.
         The moment they join that freaking rebel team, and kill lots of cops, they love it! It's like they've imprinted on that job or something. What I'm trying to say in this paragraph is that the passive RPs have to be exposed to them before aggressive ones are. I commonly see 1/2 of the rebel population as low hour people, which I feel is sad. If there are more RPs in the main city, they might "imprint" on passive RP first!
         Last but not least, if there is a newcomer/minge in your RP, don't shoo them away. I know I've done this a couple of times, and I really regret that. However, if there is a minge or something in the RP, try to roleplay that they are crazy, which they are kind of acting like. I've done this a couple of times, and they all have mostly cooled down and RPd with me. If you just keep character at all times of the situation, everything will go back into order.
         I forgot to add one last thing. If you are RPing and a newcomer walks in, not knowing what to do, don't just tell them exactly what to do, give them some hints of what to do. The surprise of what happens next in roleplay is just one part of the joy of it for me! Let them decide. Also, give them small pointers like "Don't try to have your physgun out, it doesn't look that real," is a good pointer. Don't say "holy crap put your blue thing down its failRP." That detours them from passive RP and makes them retreat to aggressive RP. Teach them the basics like /me's, and always keep character.

This used to happen daily:

Now it happens like...... Never.
Maybe some premade dupes and some friends can help this too?
The following 2 users Like Santacake's post:
  • Grunt, Old Man Jokhah
(01-10-2016, 09:53 AM)megalegonator Wrote: Yesterday, me and my 2 friends were trying to do a Toy Store RP. We got minges coming in left, right and centre. It was soo hard to get someone who could actually RP the toy store. In the end, we gave up with no actuall customers.

While this is unfortunate, I am having a hard time finding anything to take away from this and place on the list. It's very specific and pretty open/shut. We in this thread understand that these things are taking place and are trying to get up thoughts as to how to identify the problems or how to fix them. Do you think you could come up with something we could do to halt that problem or perhaps know what caused them to flock to you? Were they attempting to roleplay and just terrible at it?
(01-10-2016, 08:24 PM)Jokhah Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 09:53 AM)megalegonator Wrote: Yesterday, me and my 2 friends were trying to do a Toy Store RP. We got minges coming in left, right and centre. It was soo hard to get someone who could actually RP the toy store. In the end, we gave up with no actuall customers.

While this is unfortunate, I am having a hard time finding anything to take away from this and place on the list.  It's very specific and pretty open/shut.  We in this thread understand that these things are taking place and are trying to get up thoughts as to how to identify the problems or how to fix them.  Do you think you could come up with something we could do to halt that problem or perhaps know what caused them to flock to you?  Were they attempting to roleplay and just terrible at it?

I was oone of the other people there. It wasn't that they were trying to rp. It was just people coming in staring at us running around leaving or saying we wre criminals, punching us and more.
I'm working on interpreting what yall say into bullets. There is a masterplan for this thread, we need more of dem bullets from feedback. So if I miss something or left something out of what you said or could word it better, lemme know.