3rd Person: A valid tool, or admin excuse to ban?
These bans are ridiculous. Enough said.
(01-07-2016, 09:44 PM)Jan Wrote: Chill out for a second, this is why we have an unban request section, for staff members to reconsider certain bans, instead of instantly rioting you could also wait for the verdict on the unban request,
because for the record, he has been unbanned.

This isn't an unban request. This is a help and support request. This is the section that I am allowed to seek staff for issues I have. The issue I have is that players, more than one, over the course of time, have been punished for this. This means that it is beyond the scope of an unban request, which I wouldn't bother with as you can't even report a staff member or some special people because it will be pushed into the fallback rule of I banned you and you can't do anything about it, oh by the way I denied your ban request, cry about it for me. There is little justice in your "courthouse."

Now that we have it covered that this isn't a riot or an attempt to attack you, why not try to help us understand, debate with us, and help us reach resolution, instead of trying to run damage control, which won't in any way shut down this conversation. This conversation needs to happen to help prevent further issues. The endgame is either we make 3rd person a valid tool, or we remove it to prevent more biased actions against the few where the many are allowed to walk for the same infraction.

I invite you to help us end double standards and lets get this in black and white.
As long as you arent seeing things through walls or using the third person as a means to see things that you wouldn't ever be able to see I personally do not see the problem with it. Ive never liked third person in the first place as it forces you to use it or be at a disadvantage in gun fights.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
(01-07-2016, 11:43 PM)Ali Wrote: As long as you arent seeing things through walls or using the third person as a means to see things that you wouldn't ever be able to see I personally do not see the problem with it. Ive never liked third person in the first place as it forces you to use it or be at a disadvantage in gun fights.

I've yet to find any advantage to third person since they fixed the pinpoint accuracy issue. 3rd seems to be a bit harder to use as the camera twitches out in close quarters pretty bad. It's also inaccurately places your crosshair depending on proximity to other objects. I like to fight in 3rd because it feels better sometimes, but I haven't experienced any actual boosters to gunfights other than area knowledge, which is quite situational, it's advantage lying in open spaces. Being that I'm a defensive player, I don't come across enough outdoor fights to say it's really all that useful. I suppose it's a personal experience.

Only thing is does is gives you a different view, which isn't always better, and pretty much everyone uses it to peek corners before they step out. That's why most people sidestep into the room and their gun typically is near target to begin with, even when you are in an odd position outside of common. As I said, anyone who uses 3rd person, who tells me they don't misuse it, is lying under the conditions, as I explained about how your brain will automatically process information it takes in. You can't beat that. I don't know anyone who gets a pop up before they process what they see asking them if they want a spoiler.

3rd person has been messed with a lot over the years, accuaracy bugs fixed, crosshairs removed, crosshairs readded but not the super gold one from before. No matter what the solution, people still get in trouble for it and honestly enough is enough. We need one of those deep purples to come on here and say what is what and for the love of god make sure it's annotated in the rules so the players can stop being victims of opinion.
I would like this to be put as a rule.
For once make it sure what is allowed or what is not.
Everyone got different opinions whether its allowed or not, and it confuses alot of people.
That i can understand, if staff uses third person to shoot with, ofcourse other members does the same.
I also understand then why people gets frustrated about being banned for that very thing.
Agree with you Jokhah this issue need to be settled once for all.
Kinda tired of people stopping an entire RP just because of these kinds of matters.
It is information that your character wouldn't have and would fall under metagaming because of it.

It is already against the rules as it comes under metagaming but clarification could be useful.

If you're in third person walking along and someone comes up behind you keep walking as your character wouldn't know otherwise. 

TL:DR   :     If your character couldn't see it you shouldn't be acting on it.