3rd Person: A valid tool, or admin excuse to ban?
Lets talk about this just for a minute.

I have seen ban reasons like "abusing 3rd person" come up recently.

Please enlighten me, how you are exploiting the ability to see more than you could in first person, by using a tool GIVEN to us to allow us to see ourselves and directly behind us?

Seriously, is there a logic bomb there?  You give players the ability to see more than they could normally see, then ban them when the use it to see more than they could normally see.

Enlighten me, whom is obviously of lesser intelligence of whomever came up with that nonsense, how can you get in trouble for using 3rd person like 3rd person when it is a tool provided to you.  Using it to glance corners is not allowed but yet I've seen plenty of people, staff included, who use the very same 3rd person to dodge knife attacks from behind when they should have been otherwise unaware.

I seriously thought we were done with unwritten rules.  If you don't want people using 3rd person like it's 3rd person, remove access to 3rd person.  Banning them for using the tool they have legal access to is like sueing someone for breathing your air.  Get frickin real.
The following 2 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Jericho, [FL:RP] Fela
Exactly, how do you use 3rd person, if you cant look in 3rd person like that?
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
Yes evryone in the game uses it and only a few people get banned for it. Its a tool that we are given and we use it. Abusing third person would be looking trough walls to find contra ect.
The following 2 users Like Xtremefighter's post:
  • Hitman, Grunt
It is to keep the RP in "place".
Its the same as you cannot drive past a base with walls you normally cannot see over. But in a vehicle, third person cam you can.
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
I agree with you that we should not be banned for using 3rd person since it's a very minor "abuse" .
HOWEVER, the logic "You're given a tool but you're not allowed to use it" is a bit wrong for me.
I mean, you're given a car, right? The car can kill someone with 1 hit. It's the most powerful "weapon" in the game. However, you're not SUPPOSED to use it as a weapon. You're given the ability to make invisible cameras too, still you're not supposed to make them... and many more examples. Same goes for 3rd person too.

You're given many things that can be used as an advantage in a fight but you're not supposed to use them.
Not an exploitation, but rather a limitation of being able to use third person.

It isn't fair for those whom use 1st person, but everyone has access to it. Banning someone for using 3rd person, as countless admins do, as countless members do, as he himself probably does, is utterly ridiculous.

In my what, 3 years here at Fearless, I've only seen a handful of people get banned for that. They have all been banned by less than favorable admins, and each time there's been a backlash from it.

Make it a bloody rule that you're allowed to use third person. You can't avoid it being used, so embrace it. At least it stops bullshit like this from happening.
A more fitting signature. 
I understand what you're trying to say,
3e person Is indeed for players to give them a different look Into playing the character but you can abuse 3e person for example If you use 3e person to look through a wall or over a prop even If your character cannot do that IRl and that Is the reason for some bans that people get.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
The following 3 users Like Brikaas's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Hitman, Grunt
Chill out for a second, this is why we have an unban request section, for staff members to reconsider certain bans, instead of instantly rioting you could also wait for the verdict on the unban request,
because for the record, he has been unbanned.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
It only comes to attention when people are butthurt but when they use it, its absolutely fine - hyprocrite.com *cough*
(01-07-2016, 09:42 PM)Brikaas Wrote: I understand what you're trying to say,
3e person Is indeed for players to give them a different look Into playing the character but you can abuse 3e person for example If you use 3e person to look through a wall or over a prop even If your character cannot do that IRl and that Is the reason for some bans that people get.

Again, I understand that. I'm not sure if you guys understand that as soon as you toggle 3rd person, you have instantly already abused by that standard. It gives you visual access to areas that you cannot see, regardless if props are involved. It gives you visual on directly behind you, it gives you extended ability to see objects past the 90 degree FOV it gives you a FOV of about 120 in forward direction, which is fair, but it gives you a raised angle, and extended arcs of vision that you don't normally have. That's without panning the camera or doing anything other that just toggling 3rd person.

This isn't about looking over walls, which you can do in cars, which people do do in cars, which everyone denies that they use the information but again, everyone is lying. As soon as you have seen the information, it has been processed by your brain. That knowledge is there and though a rule follower will say he can't raid for that, he will undoubtedly now know where to look and will "happen" upon it later. So that arguement is invalid as well.

If you want everyone to be in 1st person, make them all be in 1st person. Punishing a player for using 3rd person as intended by it's design is simply foolish. Wouldn't it be so much smarter to just remove it? Because at this point, it's only being acted on in case by case. This player is wrong, this player is okay, because of a person's opinion, not based on any system defined fact. It creates double standards, much like removing an RPP instead of giving ban.

I seriously would like more STAFF to come in as this is a legitmate problem that players are being banned over where other players are not, which goes against the idea of having an unbiased rule system.
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Brikaas, Reebs, don