Staff report on [FL] NightHawkd
(01-11-2016, 07:01 PM)Astari Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:00 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: You did not see the entire thing Mike. He ran sideways, looking my way, out directly in front of my car and stopped. I attempted to hit the brakes but it was too late. As for why I respawned him instanly is because I knew without needing to check that he had died. I had multiple ways of ways knowing. I did not have nor see any @ calls at that moment about prop killing. If i had seen one then I would have responded immediately like i have any other time. I didnt abuse my power as again i had multiple ways to know he was dead. I respawned him because he intentionally suicided using my car. Also no1ze was banned for 7 days as blatantly broke FearRP, insisted that he didn't even though i witnessed it and should have known better with his amount of hours. Also /copcar does not work with the aston and i had a backup call and was unable to modify my car like i normally would.

-- adding to the case.

Theres a problem with your "i tried to break statement", as you can see in the gif below, the car slows down, and then speeds up again to go over the body.

[Image: HF5k45M.gif]

It was not Nighthawk in the Copcar. Nighthawk was in the aston martin, later in the video.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(01-07-2016, 04:06 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: - At 25 seconds, you can see NightHawkd from a distance, driving a black aston, hitting a pedestrian at an excessive speed.
This is true. He did hit a pedestrian. As NightHawkd said, he was responding to a governmental request, which explains the speed.

(01-07-2016, 04:06 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: - The pedestrian clearly spawned a few seconds before and headed straight for the zebra crossing, he stopped in the middle, looked right and then a fraction of a second later was hit a high speeds.
If you look close enough in the video, you can see the pedestrian running sideways while looking towards NightHawkd. The distance at which you are recording does not show it very clearly, so to make a concrete conclusion on this would be unfair.

(01-07-2016, 04:06 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: - I ran over and caught NightHawkd saying how he intentionally ran in front of the car.
See above.

(01-07-2016, 04:06 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: - NightHawkd, during this time - took no notice of the random taze happening just to his left
We are all human, perhaps he saw that the taze was not random? Perhaps he didn't notice? Perhaps he was alt-tabbed checking for the player's previous bans/blacklists? I feel like you are making the assumption that NightHawkd, maliciously, did not respond to a situation he knew that a rule break.

(01-07-2016, 04:06 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: - NightHawkd then entered his vehicle after banning the CDM victim for 2 days and drove off, despite a player calling for his help - clearly in the video.

It may seem that NightHawkd was being insensitive in this case, perhaps. However, he may have taken the yelling as being in character for which he was not exactly required to help or he might not have realized what was going on at the time and continued with his original intent. Staff requests and rule break reports are best done in @ chat where there can be no confusion whether it is in character or not.

(01-07-2016, 04:06 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: - NightHawkd also is driving around in an Aston, with no /copcar as an SRU which is a clear indication of FailRP
As the car does not have a defined siren attachment it is not possible to execute /copcar on it. If a player were to ask the staff to give them permission to use the Aston martin as an SRU to respond to calls they might as well be granted that permission. Not only that, but the SRUs have used unmarked fast vehicles to respond to calls in the past.

(01-07-2016, 04:06 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: - I would also like to know if any @ calls were made around the time for the prop-kill as NightHawkd was too busy speeding around to deal with them, but can ban someone when he runs them over.
The propkill happened around 26 seconds before NightHawkd became involved in the CDM situation. In that short time span, the propkill may not have been called in. Also, considering how little time passed even if the call was made, NightHawkd may have, quite simply, not noticed it or not noticed it fast enough.

Just like in a player report or an admin abuse case if there is not sufficient evidence to convincingly say that a player has broken a rule, abused their powers or otherwise, they are to be assumed innocent, unless proven otherwise.
Lightbulb 
Avgar, I must say - you seem to be making constant excuses for the concerned staff member such as;

"This is true. He did hit a pedestrian. As NightHawkd said, he was responding to a governmental request, which explains the speed."

You failed to highlight in the above, considering you're meant to be ''neutral' that Nighthawkd was driving around in an unmarked civilian car with no emergency lighting which is FailRP, but of course, you weren't going to mention that were you Mr. Neutral. 

You also mentioned

"If you look close enough in the video, you can see the pedestrian running sideways while looking towards NightHawkd. The distance at which you are recording does not show it very clearly, so to make a concrete conclusion on this would be unfair."

So if it's so very unclear that a judgement cannot be passed, how do you know so clearly that the pedestrian, was running sideways AND looking at NightHawkd? that's a very detailed description for a very unclear video is it not?

Another quote stating

"We are all human, perhaps he saw that the taze was not random? Perhaps he didn't notice? Perhaps he was alt-tabbed checking for the player's previous bans/blacklists? I feel like you are making the assumption that NightHawkd, maliciously, did not respond to a situation he knew that a rule break."

So you clearly didn't see the part when the player was calling for NightHawkd when he got in his car and proceeded to drive off? It's obvious here NightHawkd was aware he was being called for but I'm sure you're going to come back with a typical statement like 'maybe he had no sound', please - surprise me.

You said 

"It may seem that NightHawkd was being insensitive in this case, perhaps. However, he may have taken the yelling as being in character for which he was not exactly required to help or he might not have realized what was going on at the time and continued with his original intent. Staff requests and rule break reports are best done in @ chat where there can be no confusion whether it is in character or not."

Please tell me what part of 'HELP ADMIN HELP RANDOM TAZE' is in-character when directed towards a nearby admin - again, pathetic excuse. 

Again

"As the car does not have a defined siren attachment it is not possible to execute /copcar on it. If a player were to ask the staff to give them permission to use the Aston martin as an SRU to respond to calls they might as well be granted that permission. Not only that, but the SRUs have used unmarked fast vehicles to respond to calls in the past."

Don't make me have to pull up posts in the past of bans for players being in unmarked cars for FailRP, I would also like to state that /copcar is a command staff can use and players can request which enables any civillian vehicle to be used as an emergency vehicle with a clearly displayed red light on top, without this - one would assume the car is normal and civillian correct? Civillian cars are used by government for 'undercover roleplay' and I will also have you know that SRU going undercover is failRP commonly expressed by most staff, I was told off for it once and even sparked an OOC debate - you excuses yet again, break down Mr. Neutral. 

It is quite clear you are doing what has always been done in the past - cover up another staff's mistakes because you all think you're untouchable.

Let me assure you - you are not. 
The case has been reviewed and is now closed.

Any mistakes noted in the report will be discussed internally between the accused administrator and the SA.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]