I lost a RPP and got Kicked? By "Unnamed"
(01-03-2016, 06:36 PM)ModernFail Wrote: I think taking RPPs is a very good punishment. RPP. Roleplaypoints. So if you Roleplay very good you have the chance of a point. Against share is bad Roleplay,it's "FailRP". Jumping on a dead body and sitting in a trash can is FailRP. (The most time.)
So if you dont RP well I think its okay to take a Roleplaypoint. It being only my opinion

When does FailRP become a bannable offence instead of a "lose 1 RPpoint' offence? What would the punishment would have been if the player didnt have any Rppoints? Would he have received no punishment? Would he have received a Blacklist/Ban instead? Neither situation is fair in my opinion and thats why administrators shouldnt touch the RPpoints of other players. Its a reward for a good roleplay in the past, that roleplay didnt become any worse by actions made in the present.

Besides, the punishment (remove 1RPPoint) is very, very harsh in situations like this in my opinion because people sit in trashcans/jump infront of cars so many times, its unreal.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • ModernFail
(01-03-2016, 06:36 PM)ModernFail Wrote: I think taking RPPs is a very good punishment. RPP. Roleplaypoints. So if you Roleplay very good you have the chance of a point. Against share is bad Roleplay,it's "FailRP". Jumping on a dead body and sitting in a trash can is FailRP. (The most time.)
So if you dont RP well I think its okay to take a Roleplaypoint. It being only my opinion

It's a thought, I suppose if you are one of the people lucky enough to have befriended admins and can get points easily. Most people aren't that lucky. Lots of us don't like people with tons of RPPs because most of those people are brown-nosers whom befriend staff to attempt to get things like points or staff positions.

Jumping on dead bodies is completely against the rules. It's listed, so I support that as a rule violation but not fail rp as it's already listed under a title, adding on additional titles is unneeded and creates the illusion that more rules were violated.

Sitting on trashcans doesn't really mean fail rp. People do it all the time, in parks, near bus stops, not all of them are homeless. Some of them are kids, teens, weird social groups, drunks, people who just don't care or in rare cases people with a medical issue. So I'm still trying to figure out how everyone instantly assumes that because decent PEOPLE don't sit on trash cans translates to fail or bad ROLEPLAY when it's something that does actually happen in life. Just because it's not socially accepted, doesn't me it should be a rule violation. In real life it would be something you would call the police over, ranging from loitering to potential damage to public property, which promotes police rp against NON-violent criminal behavior. I mean wouldn't it be nice if you had normal law violations from time to time instead of that feeling like you are in a tom clancy rainbow six game every single call you have to go on? Where is the realistic or valueable roleplay to forever violent criminals?
The following 4 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • mgdwszx, Adamantite, aDisabledDeer, Jericho
shots fired.

ot:

unnamed was a admin undercover.
(01-03-2016, 07:17 PM)Jokhah Wrote:

It's a thought, I suppose if you are one of the people lucky enough to have befriended admins and can get points easily. Most people aren't that lucky. Lots of us don't like people with tons of RPPs because most of those people are brown-nosers whom befriend staff to attempt to get things like points or staff positions.

Jumping on dead bodies is completely against the rules. It's listed, so I support that as a rule violation but not fail rp as it's already listed under a title, adding on additional titles is unneeded and creates the illusion that more rules were violated.

Sitting on trashcans doesn't really mean fail rp. People do it all the time, in parks, near bus stops, not all of them are homeless. Some of them are kids, teens, weird social groups, drunks, people who just don't care or in rare cases people with a medical issue. So I'm still trying to figure out how everyone instantly assumes that because decent PEOPLE don't sit on trash cans translates to fail or bad ROLEPLAY when it's something that does actually happen in life. Just because it's not socially accepted, doesn't me it should be a rule violation. In real life it would be something you would call the police over, ranging from loitering to potential damage to public property, which promotes police rp against NON-violent criminal behavior. I mean wouldn't it be nice if you had normal law violations from time to time instead of that feeling like you are in a tom clancy rainbow six game every single call you have to go on? Where is the realistic or valueable roleplay to forever violent criminals?

I can understand you. But just by the way. I dont have tons of RPPs. I have 457 Hours and 2 Points. I got one Point yesterday. So I think Im a normal Player who just RP.
The following 1 user Likes ModernFail's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
(01-03-2016, 07:17 PM)Jokhah Wrote: Sitting on trashcans doesn't really mean fail rp.  People do it all the time, in parks, near bus stops, not all of them are homeless.  Some of them are kids, teens, weird social groups, drunks, people who just don't care or in rare cases people with a medical issue.  So I'm still trying to figure out how everyone instantly assumes that because decent PEOPLE don't sit on trash cans translates to fail or bad ROLEPLAY when it's something that does actually happen in life.  Just because it's not socially accepted, doesn't me it should be a rule violation.  In real life it would be something you would call the police over, ranging from loitering to potential damage to public property, which promotes police rp against NON-violent criminal behavior.  I mean wouldn't it be nice if you had normal law violations from time to time instead of that feeling like you are in a tom clancy rainbow six game every single call you have to go on?  Where is the realistic or valueable roleplay to forever violent criminals?

This is very important
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • ModernFail
i prefer they take an rp point away from me then go get a ban. i have role played on this server for 1000+ hours and yes is very hard to gain points but i have also encountered players who join activities just to get a point. I know is a harsh punishment but that would teach them not to do what they did.
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
The following 1 user Likes Georgy's post:
  • ModernFail
(01-03-2016, 08:45 PM)Georgy Wrote: i prefer they take an rp point away from me then go get a ban. i have role played on this server for 1000+ hours and yes is very hard to gain points but i have also encountered players who join activities just to get a point. I know is a harsh punishment but that would teach them not to do what they did.

Which would mean that people with RPpoints get a better treatment when breaking the rules. Because they get a point removed instead of a ban. Thats highly unfair in my opinion. RPpoints arent some sort of "anti ban lives".
(01-03-2016, 08:50 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 08:45 PM)Georgy Wrote: i prefer they take an rp point away from me then go get a ban. i have role played on this server for 1000+ hours and yes is very hard to gain points but i have also encountered players who join activities just to get a point. I know is a harsh punishment but that would teach them not to do what they did.

Which would mean that people with RPpoints get a better treatment when breaking the rules. Because they get a point removed instead of a ban. Thats highly unfair in my opinion. RPpoints arent some sort of "anti ban lives".
no i dont mean we get better treatment is all up to the administrators. It wouldnt be a bad idea if that was a punishment doe i think an rp point would hurt more then a ban.
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
The following 1 user Likes Georgy's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
If he was failRPing, then I have no damn clue what I've been doing for my 1000+ hours on this server lel.
(01-03-2016, 08:54 PM)Georgy Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 08:50 PM)Baskingner Wrote:

no i dont mean we get better treatment is all up to the administrators. It wouldnt be a bad idea if that was a punishment doe i think an rp point would hurt more then a ban.

See, but if it was punishment option in leu of a ban, people who had points could just lose those instead of getting the warranted slap on their record to show that they violated the rules. If it was a person without an RPP, they would have been banned.

I'm not trying to say go back and ban this person, I'm again, trying to figure out if the rules actually changed or if this is more opinion pushed. I've yet to see one proper piece to explain how sitting on a trashcan or standing on cars directly violates any of the rules. Jumping in front of cars would depend on if intentionally trying to get hurt or just being a menace. However the idea that only homeless do any of these activities is simply not true.

The point is, RPPs shouldn't be deducted if rules were violated unless in direct counter to them recently being awarded the point. Why should I lose something I gained 300 hours ago for something that was amazing and benefited the server, because you don't happen to like that I'm doing some things, which may or may not be against the rules, which is being lumped under another rule due to opinion rather than real fact. That's up there with the idea that Criminal, means you can commit all crimes, which is a goto excuse to just do whatever you want, when in reality, criminals tend to fall into groupings like carjacking, burglery, murder, nonviolent proesting, drug use/dealing. They are all very different from one another. Throwing on Homeless/hobo or Criminal/Gangster isn't a goto for any specific form of roleplay behavior and shouldn't be basically like throwing on superman's cape. Just sayin.