I lost a RPP and got Kicked? By "Unnamed"
Name: Unnamed

Time/Date: 03-01-16 - 16:40 in Danish

Steam ID: Unknow

Name of Administrator: Unnamed 

Evidence: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1..._00001.jpg

I was just setting in a trashcan and was just about to change my job to homeless and someone came and it sayd in the chat "Unnamed took a roleplay point from [FL:RP] Himo ;D #NewYear for Failrp.." And then 2 sec after it sayd "Disconnect: You have been Kicked for reason: Failrp.." Really?      Lost RPP and got kicked?
You got kicked by 'Unnamed' because the staff member was invisble or undercover. Sitting in a trashcan is FailRP because people do not randomly sit in trashcans with their legs hanging out.
The following 1 user Likes Gog's post:
  • Link
As Gogson said above, the act would be considered FailRP as it resembles nothing too normal behavior.
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
I just work so hard for that and then one fail, no warning, nothing. ;(
With 600+ hours and an RPP you should have known that jumping on cars, jumping in front of them and sitting in trash cans wouldn't be allowed.
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
The following 2 users Like Pear's post:
  • Brikaas, Link
That was the reason I took an RPP away from you.
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
This is a nice possibility to open up discussion about the punishment to take away RP points.
In my opinion this way of punishing someone is not fair at all. If someone RP'ed well in the past why should a point be taken away if they misbehave later? This kind of punishment seems to be random as well because sometimes because sometimes people receive a blacklist, sometime they receive a ban and sometimes they get a RPpoint removed, it seems very random for me and some guidelines should be set up.

Not trying to create a flamewar, just stating my opinion.
The following 4 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • already_fallen, mgdwszx, Kahjo, Jericho
Just gonna throw my two cents in here as a veteran administrator. Taking RPPs was a very taboo thing to do back in my day. We kept it pretty much to this point. If you gave them the point and they started messing up within a relevant timeframe, then that administrator had rights to remove it.

Removing an RPP because you saw them violating a rule, especially for something this simple, isn't fair by any sense of the word. It's not, trade RPPs for what should be bans. RPPs take forever to get, most of the time you have to be in the "spotlight" of an admin at that, and generally with the activity levels and event schedules, RPPs are nearly impossible to get.

To get you an idea in a real world event. If a person received an award for doing well at something, then gets a ticket for doing something else, should that person also lose the award? Now I know the counter arguement is that it's all roleplaying and he wasn't roleplaying, and that's fine I supposed, but then shouldn't he be banned instead?

RPPs shouldn't be disturbed unless in the most extreme of cases, they are like milestones more than points to anyone who has gotten them. Taking them away for minor "failure to roleplay to my standard" violations" which is really what Fail RP is, there not being a set rule to how to roleplay correctly that ever made sense to begin with.

I know one admin who used to love taking RPPs. Her name was Ruxandra. She was also one of the most unliked admins who walked the halls. If you are an admin and assuming the old archives are still around, you'll get more of the full story that I cannot elaborate on even slightly here, as it would violate ToS as well as rules for being staff past/present regarding the office.

Again, just a thought, don't have to justify yourself to me. Taking RPPs because of minor misbehavior though, makes most people feel some sort of way about it. It's about the same as having Mike Tyson punch an 8 year old for pulling his 7 year old sister's hair.....
The following 5 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Baskingner, mgdwszx, Kahjo, Balls, Jericho
(01-03-2016, 05:03 PM)Pear Wrote: With 600+ hours and an RPP you should have known that jumping on cars, jumping in front of them and sitting in trash cans wouldn't be allowed.

Did the rules change again?  We used to be allowed to stand on cars, and sit on trashcans.  Jumping in front of cars was only against the rules if you were intentionally trying to kill yourself, blocking the flow of travel used to be a fair play tactic.  We would use it for many things from being a jerk, distractions, drawing in police or others, or even searching cars for people.

Not saying he was doing any of these things.  Just trying to be clear about the rules.

What you have said is, Jumping on cars, jumping in front of them (I assume to die, could you elaborate), and sitting on trashcans isn't allowed specifically.

I somehow find this very hard to believe.
I think taking RPPs is a very good punishment. RPP. Roleplaypoints. So if you Roleplay very good you have the chance of a point. Against share is bad Roleplay,it's "FailRP". Jumping on a dead body and sitting in a trash can is FailRP. (The most time.)
So if you dont RP well I think its okay to take a Roleplaypoint. It being only my opinion
The following 1 user Likes ModernFail's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah