Poll: If a player takes reasonable and justified action to prevent calamity on the server, should they be punished?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
44.12%
15 44.12%
No
55.88%
19 55.88%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rule 1.9 [backseat administration]
We can never justifie Vigilantism, too many "what if"'s.
(12-09-2015, 01:17 PM)Borovichok Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 01:13 PM)Spear Wrote: Just because someone breaks a rule doesn't mean you can break another rule to stop them. For an example: you need a vaild reason (a roleplay reason) to cuff someone. Do not cuff someone for an "OOC reason" (Proppushing).
If you see someone break a rule you should get some evidence and post a player report. Otherwise,  just ignore the rulebreaker and/or wait until a staff member takes care of the situation. The rule is there for a reason and therefore backseat administration should not be broken. So actually I do not agree with you =/
So if someone spawn a prop and start propbashing cars, you have to "ignore" it? Or whole server must leave because they can't do anything?

Back in the day we used to build shelters and cuddle up, away from the minges.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 4 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Prosto, Spear, MasterNoda, Grunt
All this "wait for admin, or record and post br" stuff is nonsence
People who break such rules (propkill, propspam) 99% of time know that it's prohibited (unless they are imbeciles) and do it solely to troll and annoy people. They don't give a f uck if they get banned straight away or after few hours. They might not even join the server after they finished their fun, but your experience is ruined already because you can't do shit.

It's even worse when admins are online but busy messing around with friends dealing with other cases.

People must have some sort of freedom in such things, as someone mentioned, there is a difference between killing minge every time he spawns, and quietly cuff/detain/lock him to prevent further abuse. 

Saying that it would be rulebreak, yes it is. But only because it's in the rules, if it wasn't there, it would not be one.

People used to get banned for racism IC, then rule was removed, and it stopped being a rule breakage. Same can be with anything else. (I know that rule was re added, but it was just an example)
(12-09-2015, 02:27 PM)Infernaw Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 01:17 PM)Borovichok Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 01:13 PM)Spear Wrote: Just because someone breaks a rule doesn't mean you can break another rule to stop them. For an example: you need a vaild reason (a roleplay reason) to cuff someone. Do not cuff someone for an "OOC reason" (Proppushing).
If you see someone break a rule you should get some evidence and post a player report. Otherwise,  just ignore the rulebreaker and/or wait until a staff member takes care of the situation. The rule is there for a reason and therefore backseat administration should not be broken. So actually I do not agree with you =/
So if someone spawn a prop and start propbashing cars, you have to "ignore" it? Or whole server must leave because they can't do anything?

Back in the day we used to build shelters and cuddle up, away from the minges.

I still have one of such bunkers dupe lol
I do understand your point and you have a point, however if we allow members to perform administrative actions, the server will be a mess. We would basically allow every member to make his own judgement.

In a good situation, this will prevent rulebreakers such as propkillers to continue. In a bad situation this will make someone propblock his door because he thinks a raid is unfair.

That's why we enforce punishments on this rule in general, even though it was positive.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 6 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, Brikaas, rand0m0mg, ltblackcoat, MasterNoda, Grunt
Well I know what you're comming from but I have say this.

I understand that sometimes admins are not online so you can't really make an @ call about someone breaking the rules but really as a player you're not in the correct position to respond to it or to stop it.

If you really do want to stop it you can just post a player report on him and I'm sure an admin will look into it sooner or later.

But as far as it being against the rules for you to act on someone's rule breakage than most situations are going to against the rules for you and the server wouldn't be as fun. To explain this in a better way;

If someone tries to RDM you and you are a cop you can try to shoot or arrest him. He broke a rule but you can role-play it out. Same thing goes to a police officer randomly arresting you, you can go talk to the president or police sergeant and he'll demote him or talk to him IC.

The reason on why its against the rules is because players will start using that as an excuse to go around killing, arresting people for an OOC reason which is a rule breakage. Someone else might see the player who is doing that as also being against the rules and go and stop them. The next thing you know the whole server is an RDM fest.
(12-09-2015, 02:30 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I do understand your point and you have a point, however if we allow members to perform administrative actions, the server will be a mess. We would basically allow every member to make his own judgement.

In a good situation, this will prevent rulebreakers such as propkillers to continue. In a bad situation this will make someone propblock his door because he thinks a raid is unfair.

That's why we enforce punishments on this rule in general, even though it was positive.

I see the point in this, but you should be allowed to do as described in the post: handcuffing or doing something about people who are blatantly minging, like proppushers. Simple minge, like a random mug or equal, should involve an admin.
(12-09-2015, 02:30 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: In a good situation, this will prevent rulebreakers such as propkillers to continue. In a bad situation this will make someone propblock his door because he thinks a raid is unfair.

That's the situation I havent thought of, and it makes a lot of sence. 
I can already Dee everyone blocking their doors because it's unfair from their perspective
My main point about this issue is the fact that it prevents people from gathering evidence of their rulebreaking to put in a ban report.

Too many times have I heard in OOC: "Propminge in city". When i get there there is only one person propminging, the person who tries to prevent the propminge(therefore that person preventing the minge becomes the only thing i can record).

That's all.
Yeah, I think that we can't start making exceptions to this rule for reasons stated by many others.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 3 users Like Tomo's post:
  • ltblackcoat, MasterNoda, Grunt