Staff resignation notice
(08-01-2015, 12:25 PM)Kierondeeuk Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 12:22 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 12:14 PM)AwesomeSauce Wrote: 100% agree. In my experience with this server, more time was spent bitching about the rules than actually RPing.

Yeah, I gave myself a "timeout" from this community for a few months due to these "unwritten rules".

I still remember the admin telling me that SRU's cannot patrol because it was "against the rules" (even when authorised by the president to do so and there were no police online).
So I logged into the site and read every single rule and got slightly confused as there was actually no rule.
So I questioned the admin and he said they were "unwritten rules" Skeptical

Then when I said how am I supposed to follow rules that are not written down he said... "Do not question me (as an admin) as it's against the rules and can result in a ban".

I was like:

Because we can totally know the UNWRITTEN rules off by heart can't we.

kappa.

again before you guys go blaming. Realize that the problem was we had to go through SoulRipper for any changes. So we have made ideas to fix these issues, but due to lack of communication they could never be implemented. 
(08-01-2015, 12:25 PM)Kierondeeuk Wrote: Because we can totally know the UNWRITTEN rules off by heart can't we.

You know what's funny though, the rules were updated to include the unwritten rules and that SRU rule is still not there.

(08-01-2015, 12:38 PM)Rolorox Wrote: again before you guys go blaming. Realize that the problem was we had to go through SoulRipper for any changes. So we have made ideas to fix these issues, but due to lack of communication they could never be implemented.

Yeah.. you know what it's called when an admin enforces rules that are not actually rules?
That's right, it's called admin abuse.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the situation you were in and wanting to add more rules but couldn't contact the owner, but that doesn't mean the admins should just go a head and add new (unwritten) rules without authorisation.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Pretty sure somewhere it tells you to use some common sense, I'm sure that would fall under that as you don't see SWAT patrolling
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Noble
(08-01-2015, 12:43 PM)Mustang Wrote: Pretty sure somewhere it tells you to use some common sense, I'm sure that would fall under that as you don't see SWAT patrolling

Well the UKs "swat" is the armed response officers and you quite often see them patrolling (whether it be in a vehicle or on foot).

But there again common sense is not actually common sense here (found that out regarding the medics in the fire station).
So you should say it differently, more like: "That's American common sense".
(08-01-2015, 12:49 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 12:43 PM)Mustang Wrote: Pretty sure somewhere it tells you to use some common sense, I'm sure that would fall under that as you don't see SWAT patrolling

Well the UKs "swat" is the armed response officers and you quite often see them patrolling (whether it be in a vehicle or on foot).

But there again common sense is not actually common sense here (found that out regarding the medics in the fire station).
So you should say it differently, more like: "That's American common sense".

Armed response don't patrol lol, they get called out.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I live in the U.K. And I don't see armed response walking about.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Wood
What a immature strike this was, who in gods name demands to change ownership, I feel if the demands we're a little more realistic this would of gone much better. What an embarrassment to themselves.
The following 1 user Likes Bloodydoritos's post:
  • Haarek

The problem is using common sense can get you banned aswell.
 If someone points a gun at you IRL, what do you do? You run for your fucking life.
 If you do it on FL you get banned for breaking fearRP.
Signature removed, inappropriate image.
(08-01-2015, 12:54 PM)Mustang Wrote: I live in the U.K. And I don't see armed response walking about.

I see it quite often in London
I can't be arsed finding the specific part because I'm on my phone but I'm sure it says somewhere that if something IS NOT in the rules use common sense