De-accept the third person suggestion
(12-02-2014, 04:48 PM)Jan Wrote: Why take away a feature when clearly 50% if not more disagrees?

Its a bug ridden feature that provides a unfair advantage when used in certain circumstances.
I feel that as it's a somewhat big change, more input should've been put in before it was accepted. I for one really dislike first person. That and the fact most of the first person weapon models are extremely ugly, and unusable to me.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  •
(12-02-2014, 04:39 PM)Baskingner Wrote: I wouldn't like it neither if this is implemented. As far as i saw there was no majority for either +support/-support. I find it a bit weird that this is implemented though..
If 50%+ has no problem with this apperant "bug" why remove it?

As for your arguments Nevy, they might all be valid but it is your opinion if they weight up against the "disadvantages" of removing it. So even if you have 1000 valid arguments it is still a matter of discussion up for argumentation.

Suggestions are not approved on a scale of whether they receive more +supports. Sure it shows the general opinion but it is up to team members and developers to decide if it is a good idea. What valid arguments have I heard beside, I like shooting in third person?

You know what I like? Driving my cop car and not blowing up when I barely hit a tree. But it makes the gameplay challenging and fun, and I am not posting a thread to remove that simply because it is annoying and costing me 100k on toolboxes.
Also, how about instead of removing third person, due to the 'bug' with it, you fix the 'bug'? :L
The following 4 users Like Jono's post:
  • Floodify, Jan, , aviator
(12-02-2014, 04:55 PM)Nevy Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 04:39 PM)Baskingner Wrote: I wouldn't like it neither if this is implemented. As far as i saw there was no majority for either +support/-support. I find it a bit weird that this is implemented though..
If 50%+ has no problem with this apperant "bug" why remove it?

As for your arguments Nevy, they might all be valid but it is your opinion if they weight up against the "disadvantages" of removing it. So even if you have 1000 valid arguments it is still a matter of discussion up for argumentation.

Suggestions are not approved on a scale of whether they receive more +supports. Sure it shows the general opinion but it is up to team members and developers to decide if it is a good idea. What valid arguments have I heard beside, I like shooting in third person?
If anything at the moment it just sounds as if people like to have the advantage to look around corners, but im not calling anyone out, but overall in the game it will be alot more fair if we are to remove this, as it sounds everyone seems to use third person for it removes muzzle flash and is easier to use and can be more accurately used with a crosshair that gets smaller on distance and bigger on how close things are so im sure that we will be on the same footing when third person weaponary use is removed. And on Nevy's point he is correct, it is the staff's team choose whether or not something should be changed in the gamemode.
The following 1 user Likes Smex's post:
  • Nevy
(12-02-2014, 04:57 PM)Jono Wrote: Also, how about instead of removing third person, due to the 'bug' with it, you fix the 'bug'? :L

[Image: g1os6z.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • SourLemon, General Rickets
(12-02-2014, 04:57 PM)Jono Wrote: Also, how about instead of removing third person, due to the 'bug' with it, you fix the 'bug'? :L

I don't see how its possible to stop people from looking around walls with something that lets you see your surroundings in almost 180 angle, I mean how would that be possible, would it stop your camera at every corner? Imagine  how much of a inconvience and it'd be worst than just shooting in first person.
(12-02-2014, 05:01 PM)Smex Wrote:

I don't see how its possible to stop people from looking around walls with something that lets you see your surroundings in almost 180 angle, I mean how would that be possible, would it stop your camera at every corner? Imagine  how much of a inconvience and it'd be worst than just shooting in first person.

From what I understand, the bug was about recoil, more so than anything. 

Third person 'glitching' as it may, would still be present? All it takes is a quick weapon switch and you can do it? It's always going to be a 'problem', as long as third person is present. But it's no unfair, as everyone has access to it.
The following 2 users Like Jono's post:
  • Baskingner, Floodify
It is ofcourse the developers decision but i (and apperantly a lot of others) find it weird that this gets implemented while a majority wouldnt like this "bug" removed.

Like i said earlier i expect a lot more "bumrush" combat when this is done. Lets just hope that im wrong.
This should be removed due to the fact it is abused to look over and around props without moving. It is unrealistic and gives defenders the advantage in the majority of situations.

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Nevy